ADVERTISEMENT

5-star SG Terrance Ferguson decommits from Alabama

Hadn't seen this mentioned on the board yet but this is a big loss for Bama basketball as he was the highest recruit they had gotten in a long time. Kid is a stud hope he doesn't end up at one of the big programs that we hate..
More than likely KU. Everyone thought he was going there to begin with, and him decommitting from Bama and going to KU like everyone expected has been a rumor since he committed to Bama. Looks like it's about to play out that way.

Big loss for Avery Johnson and Alabama. He's been committed for awhile, I thought he signed in the fall. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

It sounds like Baylor is the school he will likely land at. He visited Waco for the KU-Baylor game a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't Self guilt trip Henry into staying at KU because he'd already committed? What a classy guy.

Big loss for Avery Johnson and Alabama. He's been committed for awhile, I thought he signed in the fall. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.
I think Kansas ends up with one of jackson or terrence ferg....if not that means wayne selden stays. We could end up losing all of them, but not likely. I think if wayne has a good tourney he ends up at the ass end of the 1st or early second----which is as high as he will ever go----even in a weak draft class.

Wouldn't be surprised if Jackson accepts KU's handouts.

Jackson goes to MSU=legit
Jackson goes to KU=Kansas pay-offs

tumblr_nutv59owK61qb3doto1_500.gif

Supposedly headed to Baylor or KU. KU fans think they will wind up with him and Maker.

Supposedly headed to Baylor or KU. KU fans think they will wind up with him and Maker.
Its always nice to have an athletic 7 footer---but do you think his baggage is worth it? We have had to deal with clearinghouse issues like every season----it gets old quick.

I think Kansas ends up with one of jackson or terrence ferg....if not that means wayne selden stays. We could end up losing all of them, but not likely. I think if wayne has a good tourney he ends up at the ass end of the 1st or early second----which is as high as he will ever go----even in a weak draft class.
An MSU fan who's pretty well connected pretty much guaranteed me they were getting Jackson a couple of weeks ago, we'll have to wait and see. KU wouldn't shock me though. I hope you guys don't get Ferguson because of Henry. I remember credible sources saying that Self told Henry he should honor his commitment. He doesn't seem very consistent if Ferguson goes there.

Didn't Cal call Terrance Jones right after his commitment to Washington and convince him otherwise. What a classy guy
Nope, you have it backwards like every other moronic fan base that talks s**t about Cal. Jones called Cal immediately after his announcement and said he made a mistake. He got wrapped up in the emotion with his friend Terrence Ross committing to UW and changed his mind and immediately regretted it. Get your facts straight before you come on our board and start talking s**t.

Also, Ferguson is going to Baylor.

An MSU fan who's pretty well connected pretty much guaranteed me they were getting Jackson a couple of weeks ago, we'll have to wait and see. KU wouldn't shock me though. I hope you guys don't get Ferguson because of Henry. I remember credible sources saying that Self told Henry he should honor his commitment. He doesn't seem very consistent if Ferguson goes there.
I have no knowledge of the henry situation---i just know his parents were strong on KU which might have dictated his decision. I love jacksons game, but until recently i did think MSU had the upper hand. No idea now. Tferg's situation might force a hand or two.

Different stories. Ferguson's coach reported that he is reopening his recruitment due to the recent death of his grandma and now wants to stay closer to home. So, I guess Ferguson had an epiphany after his grandma passed on that family is important. Henry had no such epiphany.

Ferguson will be at Baylor and I think Jackson chooses MSU. Maker should play elsewhere if he wants to improve his stock. Kansas may land one of them, but they'll take a few steps back next season.

You guys seem to get everyone eligible, even if it takes a few games.

He is a good player, but when I saw him he never went in the paint.

Not sure that is Self's style for a big man.

I would be terrified if he came here, after Alexander you guys should not be concerned at all.

IMO, he probably isn't worth it. You play with fire enough times, it will bite you in the ass. I think self really needs a rim protector more than anything...it allows our guards to gamble (or get blown by)

What are the chances the Thon Maker ends up actually playing college basketball?

Getting away from the Kansas idiots for a second, this is another thing that might indicate why Cal has seemed to only be softly recruiting Billy Preston for 2017.

Ferguson plays at Advanced Prep (formerly Prime Prep). So does Preston. So did Emmanuel Mudiay.

That place reeks of instability and headaches.

Reactions: qwesley
We need to be all over this kid. He's a 6'7 wing who can light it up from 3. If Ulis leaves and we get Ferguson and Bolden then its over. Straight up over. Do we have a shot? Or will Cal get involved with him????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT