babe.gif

Here are mine:

1. Jeremy Roach
2. Kobe Brea
3. Amari Williams
4. Cade Tyson
5. Jokobe Coles

Honorable mention --- I hope we get Jaxon Robinson to de-commit from BYU

Hopefully we can somehow land Liam McNeely.

What are your 5 players in the portal that UK must have for next year?
I like it. Maybe add Small, Osobor, and McKneely.
They'll be more announcing though so things are fluid.

Here are mine:

1. Jeremy Roach
2. Kobe Brea
3. Amari Williams
4. Cade Tyson
5. Jokobe Coles

I'd move Tyson to the 1B with Roach, and slide Jaxon Robinson to the 3 spot. 4 would be McNeely, 5 Brea, and 6 is Williams.

Reactions: Farsight
Well tonight is Reeds night for his deserving exit to the draft.

So let’s not expect something as it should be only Reed.

But I won’t lie I want to hear something positive that is true at least.

Assistance who recruit that are our assistants now are currently trying to flip kids.

Don’t panic Bro 😎

This “must have/must get” mindset makes our fans prisoners of the moment and only sets Pope up for failure. You have a list of five mercenaries that no team is going to land. But for us it is a “must get”. We will fill a roster. It will not be all five stars. We will be more like the teams that always beat us when we had all of the five star players.

This “must have/must get” mindset makes our fans prisoners of the moment and only sets Pope up for failure. You have a list of five mercenaries that no team is going to land. But for us it is a “must get”. We will fill a roster. It will not be all five stars. We will be more like the teams that always beat us when we had all of the five star players.
This is someone assuming my intention.

The intention here are must haves to have an opportunity to be competitive next year. I am not holding his first year against him because it's not fair to do that. If we get a rag tag roster for next year, it is what it is.

Reactions: chroix
Here are mine:

1. Jeremy Roach
2. Kobe Brea
3. Amari Williams
4. Cade Tyson
5. Jokobe Coles

Coles committed to GCU, roach has Baylor as the leader, Cade Tyson was a long shot to begin, but brea & Williams are both attainable

Here are mine:

1. Jeremy Roach
2. Kobe Brea
3. Amari Williams
4. Cade Tyson
5. Jokobe Coles

If we get 3 of the 7 names you mentioned I'll be thrilled.

This is someone assuming my intention.

The intention here are must haves to have an opportunity to be competitive next year. I am not holding his first year against him because it's not fair to do that. If we get a rag tag roster for next year, it is what it is.

It’s the same framing as a lot of posts on here over the last couple of weeks. Good perspective in your follow up.

If he came to UK I'd root for him 1000%. But I'm not going to be heart broken if a former Dukie doesn't choose UK.
Imagine him slapping the court at the start of a offensive possession for opponents. 🤮

I'll do three tiers, based on ORtg (Offensive Efficiency Rating) or DRtg (Defensive Effeciency Rating):

PG- Max Shulga (ORtg 2024: 123.8) /// Dante Maddox, Jr. (ORtg Career: 118.1) /// Johnell Davis (ORtg: 115.3)

SG- Koby Brea (ORtg 2024: 134.5) /// Brendan Hausen (ORtg Career: 114.8) /// Tre Donaldson (ORtg: 114.6)

SF- Cade Tyson (ORtg 2024: 121.2) /// Frankie Fidler (ORtg: 124.0 / DRtg: 107.1) /// Anthony Dell'Orso (ORtg: 111.0 / DRtg: 103.5)

PF- Maliq Brown (ORtg: 135.0) /// Chibuzo Agbo (ORtg 2024: 122.2) /// Joshua Jefferson (DRtg: 88..6 #3 in the country)

C- Amari Williams (ORtg: 106.5 / DRtg: 89.4) /// Great Osobor (ORtg: 116.5 / DRtg: 98.4) /// Danny Wolf (ORtg: 105.2 / DRtg: 93.8)

Reactions: HogtiedHippo
PG - Roach
2G - Jaxson Robinson - BYU - Great size (6-7) for a guard
2G - Rylan Griffen - Bama - Another 2 with good size (6-5) 40% 3 point shooter and a really good defender.
SF - Cade Tyson - Belmont - perfect SF , elite shooter.
PF - Grant Osobor - Utah State -
C - Amit Williams - Drexel - We have a really good shot with him.

Others :
Robbie Avila - C/PF - Indiana State - Big who can shoot (40% 3FG), pass, rebound (perfect in Pope's system.) Averaged 17.4 PPG and 6.6 Reb. Was only a sophomore so we would get him for multi years.

Ryan Conwell -2G- Indiana State - 2nd leading scorer (behind Avila) at 16.6 per game. 41% 3FG shooter, solid defender. Also was only a sophomore so we would get him for 2 years. Conwell and Avila would give us guys who will be here and help roster retention.

BJ Freeman - 2G / SF - Milwaukee - 21.2 PPG / 6.6 Reb. (lead team) / 4.1 assist. Versatile player who can get his own shot and create for others. 35% 3Fg shooter on 7 tries per game. he also averaged over a steal per game, but he would have to cut down turnovers ( over 3 per game).

Several others, Blackmon, etc.

Last edited:
I'm going to update my list.

PG: Small/Roach
SG: Brea
SF: Robinson/Tyson
PF: Osobor/Theiro
C: Williams

Reactions: track42
Here are mine:

1. Jeremy Roach
2. Kobe Brea
3. Amari Williams
4. Cade Tyson
5. Jokobe Coles

Robbie Avila…for the cult following!

Robbie Avila…for the cult following!
I actually listed and like Avila. Multi year guy who can score and pass. Score inside / out. A BIG +, man those goggles. Haven't had a player since Kenny Walker (eye injury), who wore goggles. Bring back 3 Goggles !!!!!

This is about to get very interesting.
https://twitter.com/MattNorlander?r...^1781124648937103527|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=
https://twitter.com/MattNorlander?r...^1781124648937103527|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

Matt Norlander

@MattNorlander
·
Follow
More on Kentucky recruiting: I was told by sources — not all at/connected to UK—that almost every notable high-major transfer in the portal that hasn't committed elsewhere already has, at the very least, made contact w/ Kentucky and inquired about potentially playing for Pope.
7:56 PM · Apr 18, 2024

I wonder if we will get involved with

Made 39.5% of his 418 career 3s. Is a good rebounder and passer at 6ft 4

Hit 41.5% of his 3s last season. Took 5.6 per game
We need to get this guy. I saw him play several times last year and he is a good ball player. Fluid ath with really good hops!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT