ADVERTISEMENT

5* OT Jonathan Daniels trims list to 3...

I have never seen this kid's name mentioned on the UGA website. Pretty safe bet he isn't coming to UGA. But he has an offer and visited, so doesn't look like he showed much interest.

I have never seen this kid's name mentioned on the UGA website. Pretty safe bet he isn't coming to UGA. But he has an offer and visited, so doesn't look like he showed much interest.

My guess is staying home may be tough to overcome, but it would great to see Stoops and Company pull it off as they need some OTs in the pipeline.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Looks like On3 is the only site that has him as a 5 star as of today. Rivals has him a 4 star (8th best at his position and 26th best player in FL) and 247 a 3 star (21st interior offense line, 55th best player in FL).

Great offer list. I suspect 247's ranking is a reflection of projecting him as an OG, but other schools would start him at RT and see how he does there first. Bud Elliot, at 247, in the past has talked about the importance of wingspan to project tackles. Wish the SPARQ database was still public. If he'd attended we would get an accurate measurement for amateur message board sleuthing purposes.

24/7 and rivals say they give 5 stars to projected NFL 1st round draft picks, so only 30 per class. Don't know if ESPN or on3 use the same philosophy.

I think so too. He said it was amazing here. Home is home, he can always go back there. I think he ends up In Lexington.
Just a suggestion. Don't get your hopes up.

I am all in on our coaching staff. We have commitments from Cutter Boley and Terhyon Nichols, and I am hopeful about our chances with Brian Robinson. I don't doubt for a moment that our program is good enough to sign players like Daniels. After all, he visited here last month. And I don't worship CB picks either. But all available public evidence is telling me Zach Yenser has not sold Jonathan Daniels on UK and that Daniels had a monstrous visit to Tallahassee. So just saying, don't stop hoping, but don't get out too far over your skis on Daniels.

Just a suggestion. Don't get your hopes up.

I am all in on our coaching staff. We have commitments from Cutter Boley and Terhyon Nichols, and I am hopeful about our chances with Brian Robinson. I don't doubt for a moment that our program is good enough to sign players like Daniels. After all, he visited here last month. And I don't worship CB picks either. But all available public evidence is telling me Zach Yenser has not sold Jonathan Daniels on UK and that Daniels had a monstrous visit to Tallahassee. So just saying, don't stop hoping, but don't get out too far over your skis on Daniels.

FSU is pushing NIL heavy, they are also tampering with other schools. FSU, Miami, Texas, and SoCal have all been in contact with Georgia players before they entered the portal. Of course it was direct contact, and technically not against the rules.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
FSU is pushing NIL heavy, they are also tampering with other schools. FSU, Miami, Texas, and SoCal have all been in contact with Georgia players before they entered the portal. Of course it was direct contact, and technically not against the rules.
Perhaps so. There is also the fact that Tallahassee is physically close to Pensacola. That area of the panhandle has historically been mainly FL St and Auburn recruiting territory. I expect UK to sign Jason Patterson, so it isn't as if we can't break through and sign a good player from the Pensacola area. But in Jonathan Daniels' case, every indication I can see is telling me that Coach Yenser whiffed.

Not even doubting Yenser here. He helped with Jadon Lafondant and I am sure he will sign others. But in this particular case, there is no public evidence to suggest Yenser has closed the deal with Daniels. I wish he did.

Perhaps so. There is also the fact that Tallahassee is physically close to Pensacola. That area of the panhandle has historically been mainly FL St and Auburn recruiting territory. I expect UK to sign Jason Patterson, so it isn't as if we can't break through and sign a good player from the Pensacola area. But in Jonathan Daniels' case, every indication I can see is telling me that Coach Yenser whiffed.

Not even doubting Yenser here. He helped with Jadon Lafondant and I am sure he will sign others. But in this particular case, there is no public evidence to suggest Yenser has closed the deal with Daniels. I wish he did.
I asked elsewhere but got no response...how much, if any, was Yenser involved with portal recruiting of Cox/Ford?

I asked elsewhere but got no response...how much, if any, was Yenser involved with portal recruiting of Cox/Ford?
For sure, it's a good question. Yenser had to be involved. No way he wasn't. I don't know specifics, but these guys have relocated to UK so they can learn from and play for Yenser. They are essentially betting their football careers on Yenser's teaching abilities.

It has been noted here before that Coach Coen believes in Yenser and apparently was involved in recommending Yenser to Coach Stoops in the first place. I don't want to give up too soon on Yenser. If Coen trusts him, that's good enough for me. However, there are certain indisputable facts at this point. Yenser was our primary recruiter on 2023 signees Austin Ramsey and Koby Keenum. Those were quality signings. This year, Yenser is secondary recruiter on Lafondant and Selm. So that is good, as far as it goes. But Yenser is our primary recruiter for at least fourteen 2024 OL prospects including Jonathon Daniels, JacQawn McRoy, and Kevin Heywood. We aren't going to get any of these guys. We are getting pretty good linemen through the portal, but that is not enough. Yenser must prove that he can attract, sign, and develop long, athletic hs OTs from out of state.

Reactions: GGary
? I'm pretty sure you can't be recruiting players off of another programs roster until the player has entered the portal.

Reactions: jauk11 and JrandoUK
? I'm pretty sure you can't be recruiting players off of another programs roster until the player has entered the portal.
NCAA is so pitiful, with hardly any schools respecting their authority that they’re doing whatever they damn well please…

Reactions: THE_HOOK
NCAA is so pitiful, with hardly any schools respecting their authority that they’re doing whatever they damn well please…
All a team has to do is identify someone that’s in a player’s “posse” that they can carry on conversations with them. Then the NCAA looks the other way and says it’s not direct contact!

Wasn't Deone Walker telling people that Mich, Aub and OH st were calling him trying to get him to transfer?

He just chose the Seminoles this morning. Hate to see this because he was an ACTUAL top level OT.

Well, on to the next one and if it doesn't work out in Tallahassee, he can always come to UK later on!!

He just chose the Seminoles this morning. Hate to see this because he was an ACTUAL top level OT.

Well, on to the next one and if it doesn't work out in Tallahassee, he can always come to UK later on!!
This is an important point. In recruiting being the runner up is now a much bigger deal than it once was. Recruiting never stops.

Reactions: catben
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT