8. Alabama (11-2)
9. Penn State (11-2)
10. Minnesota (11-2)
11. Wisconsin (10-4)
12. Notre Dame (11-2)
13. Baylor (11-3)
14. Auburn (9-4)
15. Iowa (10-3)

So about a 2/3 of the top 15 will turn out right and about 1/3 will not be as good....We'll see if UK's schedule plays out to be as tough as it looks today when all is said and done.

Here is how 2019 preseason polls were:
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. LSU
7. Michigan
8. Florida
9. Notre Dame
10. Texas
11. Oregon
12. Texas A&M
13. Washington
14. Utah
15. Penn State

Here is the final poll for that season
1. LSU (15-0)
2. Clemson (14-1)
3. Ohio State (13-1)
4. Georgia (12-2)
5. Oregon (12-2)
6. Florida (11-2)
7. Oklahoma (12-2)
8. Alabama (11-2)
9. Penn State (11-2)
10. Minnesota (11-2)
11. Wisconsin (10-4)
12. Notre Dame (11-2)
13. Baylor (11-3)
14. Auburn (9-4)
15. Iowa (10-3)

So about a 2/3 of the top 15 will turn out right and about 1/3 will not be as good....We'll see if UK's schedule plays out to be as tough as it looks today when all is said and done.
Yeah but we don't play Western and Northern schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: CB3UK and EliteBlue

Including 4 of the top 11!

Toughest schedule nationally?

A tough one.for sure, but Arkansaa got it put to them, 6 top 25 teams, 5 of the top 10 and then A&M. Add that to no SEC wins the last 2 years I believe, going to be a tough year to be a razorback fan.

A tough one.for sure, but Arkansaa got it put to them, 6 top 25 teams, 5 of the top 10 and then A&M. Add that to no SEC wins the last 2 years I believe, going to be a tough year to be a razorback fan.

I agree UK's schedule is a tough one- I said that a few weeks back and thought UK should have gotten Alabama at home - just to kind of balance the schedule - but the real point is this - every SEC team will play a tough schedule - because the SEC is loaded.

I believe the SEC will have two surprise teams! Especially after this week - one is going to be LSU - I think they will have a down year. They are losing too much to talk of repeating in this conference - I expect them to finish 4th in their division - which is why Florida got such an easy draw in the East. The second surprise team of the SEC is going to be UK. Most everyone is downplaying UK because they think our QB situation is not that strong - I for one think we will have one of the best QB situations in the league, I'm banking on Joey Gatewood getting eligible here as well. Terry Wilson WAS doing a great job when he got hurt last year. From all reports he has fully recovered and the late season start actually helps UK with him and the experience we have overall. Auburn will find out how strong out offensive line is and how good Coach White's defensive team is in week one.
After that game - UK will no longer surprise people and will be the talk of the league after that game. Of course knowing the SEC the talk will be how over rated Auburn was - lols!

The second reason is that I believe no one thinks UK will be good is they don't think UK has anyone who can catch the football at UK. Coach Gran has had some pretty good passing attacks when he has had the tools - I think the tools may be Young - but they are in the tool bag this year! The one position you can have less experience at and win with is the receiving corp - it's basically speed, cutting and hands - I think we have enough of it to be really dangerous. It's too bad UK didn't catch Florida early - because I am/was convinced UK would beat Florida in the Swamp - but we will also be improving our offense and that game will be huge. That game may decide the division champion - and I'm not saying that if UK wins that game - we will definitely win the division. But I think it will put the winner of Georgia/Kentucky game in the driver's seat.

Finally, the SEC East will be the tougher division this year - not the West! The East lineup of Florida, Georgia, Kentucky and Tennessee will be stronger the west lineup of Alabama, Texas A&M, Auburn and LSU. Alabama may be the best team - but a really good chance 4 of the next 5 will be SEC east teams this year!

Go Big Blue!

I agree UK's schedule is a tough one- I said that a few weeks back and thought UK should have gotten Alabama at home - just to kind of balance the schedule - but the real point is this - every SEC team will play a tough schedule - because the SEC is loaded.

I believe the SEC will have two surprise teams! Especially after this week - one is going to be LSU - I think they will have a down year. They are losing too much to talk of repeating in this conference - I expect them to finish 4th in their division - which is why Florida got such an easy draw in the East. The second surprise team of the SEC is going to be UK. Most everyone is downplaying UK because they think our QB situation is not that strong - I for one think we will have one of the best QB situations in the league, I'm banking on Joey Gatewood getting eligible here as well. Terry Wilson WAS doing a great job when he got hurt last year. From all reports he has fully recovered and the late season start actually helps UK with him and the experience we have overall. Auburn will find out how strong out offensive line is and how good Coach White's defensive team is in week one.
After that game - UK will no longer surprise people and will be the talk of the league after that game. Of course knowing the SEC the talk will be how over rated Auburn was - lols!

The second reason is that I believe no one thinks UK will be good is they don't think UK has anyone who can catch the football at UK. Coach Gran has had some pretty good passing attacks when he has had the tools - I think the tools may be Young - but they are in the tool bag this year! The one position you can have less experience at and win with is the receiving corp - it's basically speed, cutting and hands - I think we have enough of it to be really dangerous. It's too bad UK didn't catch Florida early - because I am/was convinced UK would beat Florida in the Swamp - but we will also be improving our offense and that game will be huge. That game may decide the division champion - and I'm not saying that if UK wins that game - we will definitely win the division. But I think it will put the winner of Georgia/Kentucky game in the driver's seat.

Finally, the SEC East will be the tougher division this year - not the West! The East lineup of Florida, Georgia, Kentucky and Tennessee will be stronger the west lineup of Alabama, Texas A&M, Auburn and LSU. Alabama may be the best team - but a really good chance 4 of the next 5 will be SEC east teams this year!

Go Big Blue!
Not to mention our secret weapon Duffy!!

You win the interweb for the day!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT