ADVERTISEMENT

40,000+ Americans died.....

This is what makes this virus TOTALLY different than people dying in "car wrecks". My Dad is in a similar position, but just has lung deficiency and is able to get out and do things, but has to stay away from the general public now. He knows he has to isolate himself now and I also appreciate all of the measures taken for people like him and your daughter. The rest of our family will have to stay away from him for a period of time that this thing gets better, also.

Bless you and your family.
My mom is 60+ with diabetes she has a hard time controlling unless she follows an extremely strict diet and exercise regiment and that's with her taking medicine for it as well. She insisted on making a grocery run on Wednesday but I told her after that she isn't allowed to leave her house anymore until this thing dies down unless it's an emergency. Said if she needs anything that she can call me and ask me to go get it and bring it to her house and use a delivery service or something. She probably won't listen to me but at least she is finally starting to come with the grasps of it being a serious situation for her instead of just listening to my father and brother (especially my brother who is basically a poor man's Alex Jones) who keep insisting this is nothing more than the common cold!

This is what makes this virus TOTALLY different than people dying in "car wrecks". My Dad is in a similar position, but just has lung deficiency and is able to get out and do things, but has to stay away from the general public now. He knows he has to isolate himself now and I also appreciate all of the measures taken for people like him and your daughter. The rest of our family will have to stay away from him for a period of time that this thing gets better, also.

Bless you and your family.
Thank you kindly for your remarks. We are a happy family, and while we have challenges, there are families that face much bigger challenges. What our situation does allow is a different perspective than many would have in a situation like this. We are really appreciative of all the sacrifices being made. All the best to you and your family.

Reactions: catben
No one is saying there’s not a virus. What we are saying is it’s way overblown. We had viruses like this many times. We have other things that kill many times more than this. Tuberculosis is the leading infectious disease that kills 3 to 4 thousand a day around the world. Where’s the panic? Flu is extremely dangerous to many. Where’s the panic? The swine flu was bad but no panic like this.

The difference is panic wasn’t pushed on those. The democrats have been looking for a way to push the economy into a down fall and blame Trump. That’s where the panic is coming from. Believe what you want. Hoard toilet and hide in the closet. I don’t care.

Trump just declared Corona Virus a National Emergency. Is he in panic mode too??

Trump just declared Corona Virus a National Emergency. Is he in panic mode too??
He’s responding to public fears. Trying to calm the markets. If he does nothing he gets roasted. The swine flu was worse and we had no panic. They are playing on fears. They have you under their total control. Now go hide.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
He’s responding to public fears. Trying to calm the markets. If he does nothing he gets roasted. The swine flu was worse and we had no panic. They are playing on fears. They have you under their total control. Now go hide.
There is truth to this

We have no clue if the swine flu was worse....

Would you rather find out by doing nothing to prevent further spread? I guess so.

I voted DJT, this isn't all politics. Educate yourself.

Last edited:

We had no panic with swine flu because swine flu was less fatal than normal seasonal flu.

A top US health official says Americans should prepare for nearly two months or more of shutdowns and working from home as the deadly coronavirus spreads throughout the country.

“It’s certainly going to get worse before it gets better,” Dr Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases with the the National Institutes of Health, said during an interview on Good Morning America.

He continued to say Americans could see “eight weeks or more” of shutdowns and working from home as the virus surges in communities across the country.

Reactions: sambowieshin

Just as a follow up, here’s how your swine flu stacks up against seasonal flu and COVID-19.
  • Swine flu: 1 out of 4,900 patients died
  • This year’s seasonal flu: 1 out of 1,600 patients died
  • COVID-19 in South Korea: 1 out of 112 patients died
Swine flu is not even in the same ballpark. You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.

A top US health official says Americans should prepare for nearly two months or more of shutdowns and working from home as the deadly coronavirus spreads throughout the country.

“It’s certainly going to get worse before it gets better,” Dr Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases with the the National Institutes of Health, said during an interview on Good Morning America.

He continued to say Americans could see “eight weeks or more” of shutdowns and working from home as the virus surges in communities across the country.

Two months would make sense based on the news from the Pentagon tonight.

Department of Defense just banned all domestic travel for all service members and their families until May 11th.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...-employees-in-response-to-coronavirus-threat/

Last edited:
Reactions: chroix
whether there's people at march madness or not isn't gonna affect the spread of this one bit. Let's say they had the tournament as usual with people in the building? How many people are gonna contract the virus as a result of being at the game. I would be surprised if there was one incident for the entire thing. It's nothing but a pathetic panic that frankly makes us look weak as a society

it's a half measure that makes absolutely zero difference in the grand scheme of things
you are a clown.

Just as a follow up, here’s how your swine flu stacks up against seasonal flu and COVID-19.
  • Swine flu: 1 out of 4,900 patients died
  • This year’s seasonal flu: 1 out of 1,600 patients died
  • COVID-19 in South Korea: 1 out of 112 patients died
Swine flu is not even in the same ballpark. You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.
Wow you actually went by South Koreas numbers? Why not America?
Also corona is so mild in many cases that there are probably double or triple maybe more, case that go unreported. Some people say they don't feel like they are hardly sick. How many do you think just ride it out at home? Some places also have socialized medicine, like Italy, that don't have enough beds, healthcare personnel, or allow the free market to help. They don't treat the elderly like we do here and provide top care due to their age.

Swine flu had over half a million deaths...Corona around 4100 so far.
We know that corona is very mild and not harmful to most people that are heathy. Normal flu can kill 40 to 80 thousand in America each year. Many of you are part of the problem in propagating misinformation and fear.

We had no panic with swine flu because swine flu was less fatal than normal seasonal flu.
Over half a million die from swine flu and no panic...
Seasonal flu up to 40,000 - 80,000 thousand a year in America and up to 650,000 world wide no panic...
Corona 5000 deaths world wide and total panic and a run on toilet paper...

Also corona is so mild in many cases that there are probably double or triple maybe more, case that go unreported. Some people say they don't feel like they are hardly sick. How many do you think just ride it out at home? Some places also have socialized medicine, like Italy, that don't have enough beds, healthcare personnel, or allow the free market to help. They don't treat the elderly like we do here and provide top care due to their age.

We know that corona is very mild and not harmful to most people that are heathy. Normal flu can kill 40 to 80 thousand in America each year. Many of you are part of the problem in propagating misinformation and fear.

Coronavirus is 5.5k death so far with extreme majors taken place across the globe.

Not sure where your 4.1k comes from...

The number of death is also growing, obviously with more cases.

It's not if you have no vaccine, droplet contagion, and a fatality rate of 4%.

Notice that nobody trained in medicine is describing those things as overreactions.

The armchair quarterbacks are all alone on this one.

As a master's degreed registered nurse, I fully approve this message. Standard precautions are great, but so few use them. Furthermore, for every individual who tests positive and is quarantined, you have several to possibly dozens of others walking around carrying the incubating virus and acting as an unsuspecting host.

Coronavirus is 5.5k death so far with extreme majors taken place across the globe.

OK a thousand off give or take...The numbers are changing but the fact is we have a lot of people die every year around the world and it doesn't get a speck of the press this is and its not even in the ball park as far as death totals. Its already locked down our country with fear. We get a new virus name plastered on tv and social media and this one is being treated like its ending mankind. The point I make is we have many people die every year from something and people take it as a part of life...Yeah 60,000 died of flu...no big deal because its common. 5000 die around the world from corona and its total panic. The panic is worse than the disease itself.

Why don't we just stop living and maybe we can stop the spread of the common flu as well.

It's not hard to see which posters couldn't care less about fellow Americans dying. They would rather you agree with their politics than concern yourself with a pandemic and how it has been feebly addressed by this ignorant President who claims he is a "natural expert on the matter. I say screw the politics, deal with reality and listen to the actual experts who are ringing the alarm bells. Some people here are ignoring the warnings like its 7:00 AM in Hawaii, Dec. 7th, 1941. I hope that conceited and arrogant insolence is not rewarded in like manner, but as we've been warned that potential exists.

OK a thousand off give or take...The numbers are changing but the fact is we have a lot of people die every year around the world and it doesn't get a speck of the press this is and its not even in the ball park as far as death totals. Its already locked down our country with fear. We get a new virus name plastered on tv and social media and this one is being treated like its ending mankind. The point I make is we have many people die every year from something and people take it as a part of life...Yeah 60,000 died of flu...no big deal because its common. 5000 die around the world from corona and its total panic. The panic is worse than the disease itself.

Why don't we just stop living and maybe we can stop the spread of the common flu as well.

I think you have few mistakes.

5.5k with extreme measure taken. The number would be exponentially higher if not.

Also common flu has vaccination and also media puts a lot of attention to season flu. I always know when flu season is about to start because flu shots get commonly mentioned. If people choose not to get vaccination, what can we do?

Finally we really don't know enough still about Coronavirus and it's growing even with extreme measures.

I don't think you understand this at all. Even with extreme measures we still have 5.5k death with exponential growth.

As a master's degreed registered nurse, I fully approve this message. Standard precautions are great, but so few use them. Furthermore, for every individual who tests positive and is quarantined, you have several to possibly dozens of others walking around carrying the incubating virus and acting as an unsuspecting host.
And by your numbers that means we probably have a much higher rate of survival as well. Making this not as deadly as reported. Many cases are so mind most will never see a doctor and they go about living life as normal.

The incidences of this virus didn’t just grow in places that have been hit the hardest. It grew exponentially, meaning, for example, it can increase by 10 one day, 100 the next, and 1000 the next. That’s the basis for the containment strategy.

I think you have few mistakes.

5.5k with extreme measure taken. The number would be exponentially higher if not.

Also common flu has vaccination and also media puts a lot of attention to season flu. I always know when flu season is about to start because flu shots get commonly mentioned. If people choose not to get vaccination, what can we do?

Finally we really don't know enough still about Coronavirus and it's growing even with extreme measures.

I don't think you understand this at all. Even with extreme measures we still have 5.5k death with exponential growth.
I think its you that doesn't understand. We are shutting down things but people are still in contact everywhere else. Yes, we have a vaccine for flu yet over half a million die world wide because the vaccine is only a guess to the most common that year.

I agree we don't know everything about corona. We do know most everyone that die are old or already sick from something else. Just like the flu does. Its very mild in most cases. Some say they don't even feel very bad. Tom Hanks son just put out a video saying his parents aren't even very sick yet they are both older and I believe he has diabetes.

We see a new virus about every few years. Why is this one treated with so much more caution ? We didn't know the effects of all the others ones either. We went about our daily lives and the panic wasn't anything like this. People died then too. Are we going to do this every time now and shut down the country on a hunch or maybe just until we get Trump out of office?

I think its you that doesn't understand. We are shutting down things but people are still in contact everywhere else. Yes, we have a vaccine for flu yet over half a million die world wide because the vaccine is only a guess to the most common that year.

I agree we don't know everything about corona. We do know most everyone that die are old or already sick from something else. Just like the flu does. Its very mild in most cases. Some say they don't even feel very bad. Tom Hanks son just put out a video saying his parents aren't even very sick yet they are both older and I believe he has diabetes.

We see a new virus about every few years. Why is this one treated with so much more caution ? We didn't know the effects of all the others ones either. We went about our daily lives and the panic wasn't anything like this. People died then too. Are we going to do this every time now and shut down the country on a hunch or maybe just until we get Trump out of office?

you are driven by the idea that its political, and that's first problem.

Second problem is, if like you said we don't do anything... We would already have eclipsed 1,000 death per day rate. Since China basically shut down the country to slow down their death (which was at 150+, and they shut down probably early-mid feb.). This number would be exponentially higher....

Yesterday we increased to 443, from previous day of 353 death. Again with multiple country taking multiple extreme measure to slow down the spread.

500,000 million as you say is roughly 1,370 death per day. So if we didn't do anything, we would be on pace to LONG pass the rate of 500,000 death in the world.

Also people need to stop with this "we are shutting down everything but people are still in contact" argument. I live in NYC...trust me its completely different.

Over reaction and politicized. The Democrats and media are using this to try and get Trump. They are willing to destroy the economy to bring down a President when they should be working with him to help contain this and calm people’s fears.

Only when a Republican is president.

Over reaction and politicized. The Democrats and media are using this to try and get Trump. They are willing to destroy the economy to bring down a President when they should be working with him to help contain this and calm people’s fears.
For your sake, I hope sticking your head in the sand is an effective deterrent to catching the virus.

Cancelling Civi events and closing schools is a panic type reaction.

Not really. In fact, it's basically the only sensible reaction.

The No. 1 way a contagion of this nature can spread out of control is through gatherings of thousands of people close together. And the best way to prevent a horrible spread is just not to have such events.

Like it or not, if we want to get this problem under control we're gonna have to shut things down for awhile. The further apart we are from each other right now the better. It sucks, but it's the right way to handle it.

Last edited:
And by your numbers that means we probably have a much higher rate of survival as well. Making this not as deadly as reported. Many cases are so mind most will never see a doctor and they go about living life as normal.
Yes that is the best case scenario. Unfortunately prudence demands that is not what you should prepare for.

This is not about a sickness that is known and has practiced and prescribe treatment. This is an unknown contagion with no known effective treatment which is highly contagious. If you cannot grasp what that means---think of it growing on a curve similar to compound interest, ---only faster.

This is not about a sickness that is known and has practiced and prescribe treatment. This is an unknown contagion with no known effective treatment which is highly contagious. If you cannot grasp what that means---think of it growing on a curve similar to compound interest, ---only faster.
Every one of the many we have is unknown. A new virus pops up every year or two. We can live in constant fear but this “what if” mentally does nothing good. If so we better go back to living like cavemen and stop all interactions.

Not really. In fact, it's basically the only sensible reaction.

The No. 1 way a contagion of this nature can spread out of control is through gatherings of thousands of people close together. And the best way to prevent a horrible spread is just not to have such events.

Like it or not, if we want to get this problem under control we're gonna have to shut things down for awhile. The further apart we are from each other right now the better. It sucks, but it's the right way to handle it.
So we need to disband all cities were people interact. Good strategy. Stop going to work....In a large crowd an infected person only comes in contact with the people around him. Not all of them will get touched or breathed on. It’s no different than that person touching door handles at restaurants or work or Walmart. The germs will be passed and no matter how good you think it is to hide in a cave, it’s will not work. Not unless everyone is isolated. You have bought into the frenzy of panic.

you are driven by the idea that its political, and that's first problem.

Second problem is, if like you said we don't do anything... We would already have eclipsed 1,000 death per day rate. Since China basically shut down the country to slow down their death (which was at 150+, and they shut down probably early-mid feb.). This number would be exponentially higher....

Yesterday we increased to 443, from previous day of 353 death. Again with multiple country taking multiple extreme measure to slow down the spread.

500,000 million as you say is roughly 1,370 death per day. So if we didn't do anything, we would be on pace to LONG pass the rate of 500,000 death in the world.

Also people need to stop with this "we are shutting down everything but people are still in contact" argument. I live in NYC...trust me its completely different.
It is 100% political. We never do this on other virile outbreaks. Never.

Second. You’re pulling numbers out of your ass. A thousand deaths a day is a total jack leg response. You’re assuming this is deadlier than it is. In fact, it looks to be more harmless than we are told. Unless you are already very old or ill you are not going to die and many hardly feel made. But keep up the mass hysteria. It’s doing wonders for everyone.

The conspiracy theorists in this thread need to do more research.

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...rus-compared-to-past-outbreaks#20142016-Ebola
https://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/estimates_2009_h1n1.htm

H1N1 infected 60.8 million Americans and killed 12,469. That is a .02 percent death rate.
SARS infected 8 Americans, with zero deaths. Globally 8,098 with 774 deaths - 15% death rate.
Ebola, 11 cases in US, 2 deaths. Globally 28,652 with 11,325 deaths.
Seasonal flu, CDC estimate for US in 2018-2019 , 35million infections 34,157 deaths .01 percent death rate

I have seen one poster on here say we all have already been exposed... and it's so mild only 5000 people have died. If that was true, how in the hell did 696 people catch it on a cruise? 7 dead with 32 in critical condition.

That's why the government is over-reacting. The rate of spread on this is much higher than the above flus. READ THIS NEXT PART: That's because the other flus make you feel horrible and you self quarantine. This virus has a long incubation period and you can spread the virus for up to 2 weeks with ZERO symptoms.

Rate of Spread on seasonal flu - every person infected spreads it to 1.3 people.

COVID-19 - Rate of spread is estimated between 2x and 5x. This is why it's dangerous. The fatality rate is going to probably end up much higher as well. Estimates show it could kill 200,000 to 1.7 million Americans. Let's hope those computer models are as inaccurate as the NET rankings :)

** other note; the conspiracy theorists are correct that the numbers above are not 100% accurate. There is no way to know how many unreported mild cases there are. However, the cruise ship does a good job of showing the danger of this virus since it was contained on a floating city and a large percentage of those passengers got infected. Yes, I understand the demographics on a cruise lean to more old people... but almost 700 cases on 1 cruise ship is scary.

The other scary part of this.. is that this virus could come back every year like the standard flu. It has the potential of infecting millions annually with a much higher death rate.

It is 100% political. We never do this on other virile outbreaks. Never.

Second. You’re pulling numbers out of your ass. A thousand deaths a day is a total jack leg response. You’re assuming this is deadlier than it is. In fact, it looks to be more harmless than we are told. Unless you are already very old or ill you are not going to die and many hardly feel made. But keep up the mass hysteria. It’s doing wonders for everyone.

I haven't pulled number out of my ass since very beginning. I am literally copying and pasting that updated numbers.

You have yet to provide any evidence to support your argument.

Feb. 10th we passed 1,000 death mark
Feb. 18th we passed 2,000 death mark (BTW this is all china)
Mar. 1st we passed 3,000 death mark
Mar. 9th we passed 4,000 death mark
Mar. 13th we passed 5,000 death mark
Mar. 15th we are likely to pass 6,000 death mark (if we see unforeseen spike in Italy and France today it might actually pass it today...)

(if we had contained in China, it would have gone away like it is nothing but no action was taken...)

So if CHINA didn't lock down the country (which is what you are arguing is all political and overreaction), we would EASILY be passed 1,000 death per day mark.

I see you’re not too bright. I used South Korea because they’ve been doing the best job addressing this and have the lowest mortality rate.

But if you insist, then here’s the numbers for the US.
  • Swine flu: 1 out of every 4,900 patients died
  • COVID-19: 1 out of every 44 patients died
Swine flu is nothing compared to this thing.

I see you’re not too bright. I used South Korea because they’ve been doing the best job addressing this and have the lowest mortality rate.

But if you insist, then here’s the numbers for the US.
  • Swine flu: 1 out of every 4,900 patients died
  • COVID-19: 1 out of every 44 patients died
Swine flu is nothing compared to this thing.
Are you really that stupid? Do you think every case has been counted that has been sick? The infected and recovered may very well be 10 to 20 times higher. Several of the deaths all took place in one nursing home. They were old and sick. This is such a mild illness than most will never go to the doctor. I swear, some of you are so easily panicked that its unbelievable. You feed at the trough of the gullible.

Reactions: kl40504
This is just getting silly.

The stock market dropped almost 20% in the first year after HIV hit the scene.

And you can bet your buttons that if there were 1000 cases of Ebola on US shores (as there are with corona), they would've shut down a hell of a lot more than the NBA.

And they'd have been right - because it's just as contagious as cute little diseases like the flu, except it has a 50% mortality rate, and it causes you to die by having a violent seizure while bleeding painfully out of your ass and everywhere else.

All of your examples just don't work because you're relating apples and oranges and you're making claims that simply aren't true.
It has nowhere close to a 50 percent mortality rate in the US. Spreading false information like that is what Stokes the fear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT