ADVERTISEMENT

40,000+ Americans died.....

Going to a sporting event is no more dangerous than the drive to get there. Yes32 million died of AIDS worldwide over the past 40 years and sound education a precaution s were taken. What school was closed or event stopped to prevent it.

magic had hiv and the nba went on lmao and then they basically knew zero about hiv or aids

this ain't Italy and we sure as shit ain't China

Last edited:
They are in panic mode. Like you.

No the problem is people like you are idiots that panic. It’s really that simple. Do you ever look at facts? No I’d say not.

There are currently 1,274 infected case in America. 1,264 are mild cases and 10 are serious.

I’ve seen less panic in the movie World War Z.

Italy is LITERALLY rationing ventilators. Some older folks are being left to DIE because they can’t care for them all.

And if you think that can’t happen because “America **** Yeah”, think again. We are take precautions to make sure our health care system doesn’t get slammed. Is it probably a bit over the top. Probably. If we all come through this with flying colors then more power to it.

No the problem is people like you are idiots that panic. It’s really that simple. Do you ever look at facts? No I’d say not.

There are currently 1,274 infected case in America. 1,264 are mild cases and 10 are serious.

It's all a media hoax. Go take a trip to Italy right now. Airfare is cheap.

Reactions: catman111
Im taking this personal. Cause i have a sister who has stage 4 ovarian cancer. Her immune system is in the toilet from chemo. Anyone of you can get it and get better but if you pass my sister in hall while she is going for test, scans or your treatments and have. Can kill her in days. Same with anyone like this. So please quit thinking only about yourself

we are not Italy you dope ! Italy is like the size of Michigan...and hell if I did go there I'm sure I'd be fine I'm sure I'd enjoy the pasta

Edit: I stand corrected Italy is about the size of Arizona or New Mexico so bigger than I thought but still we are almost 40 times the size

Last edited:
we are not Italy you dope ! Italy is like the size of Michigan...and hell if I did go there I'm sure I'd be fine I'm sure I'd enjoy the pasta
Not unless you make it yourself. Only places open in Italy are pharmacies, groceries, and hospitals. Thinking about cracking open a can of Ravioli right now.

Graded this for ya. 40% correct.

Honestly it wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing if a couple billion people died. Seriously, I get humans are animals prone to emotional response and that separates us from the rest of the conscious world, but it also makes us less “earthly” in many ways. Fully unable to understand true correctness because of emotional liability.

Death is the soil upon which life is grown.

JKWO, what do you want on your tombstone?

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot

Edit: I stand corrected Italy is about the size of Arizona or New Mexico so bigger than I thought but still we are almost 40 times the size

Italian medical chief dies from coronavirus

From Helena de Moura

Italy’s medical community is mourning the death of the head of the medical association in the northern Italian region of Varese, Italy’s state-run ANSA reported Wednesday.

Roberto Stella, president of the Medical Guild of Varese, died Tuesday night in Como, where the 67-year-old was hospitalized for respiratory failure due to coronavirus, the agency reported.

The only example I've seen of panicking is the ding dongs who for some reason buy out the entire toilet paper aisle every time the news reports anything unfortunate.
Hey, better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Honestly it wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing if a couple billion people died. Seriously, I get humans are animals prone to emotional response and that separates us from the rest of the conscious world, but it also makes us less “earthly” in many ways. Fully unable to understand true correctness because of emotional liability.

Death is the soil upon which life is grown.

JKWO, what do you want on your tombstone?
Here lies HH, a good man he was,
He had me write this, just because....

You cannot spread automobile accidents. Is this an overreaction? Probably, but comparing a pandemic to car crashes is comparing apples to oranges.
texting_driving_z3yvui

Yes you can.....

Reactions: sambowieshin
I am also a health care professional and am having similar experiences with a couple of cases. I will respect your opinion, but with all due respect I disagree. We have to take as many precautions as possible to slow the spread of Covid-19. This buys us time to develop a vaccine and hopefully if it is heat sensitive we can minimize the spreading until we have warmer temperatures. Just my educated opinion.
That was a very thoughtful and well spoken response and I agree with much of it. But what is the stopping point for precautions. Do people stop going to the hospitals and MD offices for other potentially dangerous conditions because they are too afraid of catching the virus. Education promoting risks with sensible personal precautions will have the biggest bang for the buck. 10,000 cases resulting in 30 deaths primarily in one state a limited demographics is have a tremendous affect on hundreds of millions of lives who would never get close to the three percent mortality rate not to mention the overall operations of the country and the economy.

I will say the level of preparedness the health care system is cranking up is impressive and commendable. But I can’t help but wonder how this would have been handle in a non elelection year and less access to social media.

Is your point now "well driving is more dangerous so screw any LESS dangerous thing"? Yes driving is more dangerous/ kills more people than snake bites, would you leave your infant in a rattle snake pit tho?

Secondly, events would get shut down for AIDS/HIV fear if it was spread through air instead of (mostly) sexual transmission.
Nothing shut down for H1N1 and that was over 1,000 deaths.

Im taking this personal. Cause i have a sister who has stage 4 ovarian cancer. Her immune system is in the toilet from chemo. Anyone of you can get it and get better but if you pass my sister in hall while she is going for test, scans or your treatments and have. Can kill her in days. Same with anyone like this. So please quit thinking only about yourself
I am very sorry to hear about your sister. My wife died June 4th this year from breast Cancer and she literally almost died 4 months later from a sinus infection. We should always protect our immune suppressed loved ones from all of the different things that can attack them. What ever precautions you take now should be the same.

im praying that God gives you all a miracle. For me it was time for my baby go home to heaven.

best wishes and I apologize if my thread was insensitive and caused you pain. That was not what I intended.

Nothing shut down for H1N1 and that was over 1,000 deaths.
831 people have already died in Italy alone. The death % Jumped 30% yesterday alone. This is gonna be worse than H1N1, fella.

If you wanna risk your life and think this is just a hoax, fine that's your choice just don't be upset that others aren't willing to risk it all (death, lawsuits, etc) like you.

831 people have already died in Italy alone. The death % Jumped 30% yesterday alone. This is gonna be worse than H1N1, fella.

If you wanna risk your life and think this is just a hoax, fine that's your choice just don't be upset that others aren't willing to risk it all (death, lawsuits, etc) like you.
Ok I’ve been pretty civil but don’t put words in my mouth. I never said it was a hoax! Secondly Ebola wipe out whole communities in other countries but not here. And something will kill all of us and many things will kill many times more Americans than this will mainly because we are educating and take appropriate personal precautions. The death rate here is 3 percent.. period. You want as close to perfect safety then lock yourself in your house. This virus is real and deadly no doubt about that but it’s actual risk to our total population is being stated at a panic level that’s caused more harm than good. What happens when people avoid getting health care they need because they are terrified what they may get. I was just trying to put it in perspective but drama queens like your self is what fans the flame.

one last point... I never said I was upset at the precautions or worries others are having. People need to do what they feel they need to be safe but slot of their decision is based on what they hear from the news and social media.

Ok I’ve been pretty civil but don’t put words in my mouth. I never said it was a hoax! Secondly Ebola wipe out whole communities in other countries but not here. And something will kill all of us and many things will kill many times more Americans than this will mainly because we are educating and take appropriate personal precautions. The death rate here is 3 percent.. period. You want as close to perfect safety then lock yourself in your house. This virus is real and deadly no doubt about that but it’s actual risk to our total population is being stated at a panic level that’s caused more harm than good. What happens when people avoid getting health care they need because they are terrified what they may get. I was just trying to put it in perspective but drama queens like your self is what fans the flame.
The virus is real, and deadly, you should've led your OP with that. Not "well 40k people died of other stuff" to lessen the seriousness of COVID-19. Stop comparing this to other things.

Immanuel Quickly is thanking God on Twitter that the SEC tourney was canceled while others here are downplaying the pandemic. The people this immediately effects are taking it serious. This isn't panic. This is being mature about the situation.

That was a very thoughtful and well spoken response and I agree with much of it. But what is the stopping point for precautions. Do people stop going to the hospitals and MD offices for other potentially dangerous conditions because they are too afraid of catching the virus. Education promoting risks with sensible personal precautions will have the biggest bang for the buck. 10,000 cases resulting in 30 deaths primarily in one state a limited demographics is have a tremendous affect on hundreds of millions of lives who would never get close to the three percent mortality rate not to mention the overall operations of the country and the economy.

I will say the level of preparedness the health care system is cranking up is impressive and commendable. But I can’t help but wonder how this would have been handle in a non elelection year and less access to social media.

Teaching precautions is paramount, but is not the stopping point in my opinion. We have to make decisions that stop the spread as well far beyond that...such as canceling large gatherings. As you can see by reading a lot of the posts on just this board people either feel invincible or don’t understand or care to understand how a contagious virus can spread and kill. Education will not phase those people, because it’s all a political ploy in their opinion. This is very serious business. The NIH just recently released that Covid-19 can stay airborne for 3 hours and remain virulent on surfaces for up to 3 days.

As far as the whole election year issue I can only shake my head. That would suggest that a lot of other countries in the world are in on the ‘hoax’. It amazes me people can’t comprehend that fact.

Last edited:
one last point... I never said I was upset at the precautions or worries others are having. People need to do what they feel they need to be safe but slot of their decision is based on what they hear from the news and social media.
I mean, how else do people get info these days? You expect every person in the country to go have a 1 on 1 discussion with their doctor before acting? When experts (especially the WHO) go on tv/ social media and say this is bad, you listen.

Reactions: Midway Cat
I think the worst thing we can do, is act like business can go on without hiccups from this virus. Prevention is key to fight this virus. I think we are making decisions that must be made, otherwise the public could get upset and blame our leaders.

No one is saying there’s not a virus. What we are saying is it’s way overblown. We had viruses like this many times. We have other things that kill many times more than this. Tuberculosis is the leading infectious disease that kills 3 to 4 thousand a day around the world. Where’s the panic? Flu is extremely dangerous to many. Where’s the panic? The swine flu was bad but no panic like this.

The difference is panic wasn’t pushed on those. The democrats have been looking for a way to push the economy into a down fall and blame Trump. That’s where the panic is coming from. Believe what you want. Hoard toilet and hide in the closet. I don’t care.

They are in panic mode because they are weeks ahead in the virus... we'll see where the US is in two weeks.

No one is saying there’s not a virus. What we are saying is it’s way overblown. We had viruses like this many times. We have other things that kill many times more than this. Tuberculosis is the leading infectious disease that kills 3 to 4 thousand a day around the world. Where’s the panic? Flu is extremely dangerous to many. Where’s the panic? The swine flu was bad but no panic like this.

The difference is panic wasn’t pushed on those. The democrats have been looking for a way to push the economy into a down fall and blame Trump. That’s where the panic is coming from. Believe what you want. Hoard toilet and hide in the closet. I don’t care.

I think it's time to stop posting for a bit. It's better for everyone, including you.

Hope you and your family stay safe.

You cannot spread automobile accidents. Is this an overreaction? Probably, but comparing a pandemic to car crashes is comparing apples to oranges.

I understand GoBigBlue, but I think that I read that over 45,000 people died last year from the "common" flu...We, obviously, don't know where this strain is going to end up, It seems, to me anyway, that the reaction to this virus is much, much greater SARS or MEARS (sp?)

AlohaCat

I understand GoBigBlue, but I think that I read that over 45,000 people died last year from the "common" flu...We, obviously, don't know where this strain is going to end up, It seems, to me anyway, that the reaction to this virus is much, much greater SARS or MEARS (sp?)

AlohaCat

The reaction is greater, but that’s because neither SARS nor MERS risked completely overwhelming our healthcare system.

With COVID-19, on the other hand, that is a legitimate risk. China shut down major cities with a military enforced quarantine. South Korea is GPS tracking all patients and making their movements public so everyone can see where they are in real time. Italy has shut down the entire country. Norway just shut down their entire country.

Those actions can be devastating to an economy and are not things that governments would do unless there were legitimate concerns about the potential impact of this virus.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...irus-cases-result-in-too-few-beds/5002942002/

Last edited:
Reactions: HICATFAN
For many elderly people, they have a 1 in 7 chance of dying if they contract the coronavirus from someone else. For those that don’t die, many will still require a lengthy stay in the ICU.

If there were some type of short term phenomenon that suddenly caused a large group of other drivers to start crashing into others, and you were one of many who had a 1 in 7 chance of dying in these wrecks, would you think that some type of aggressive, short term intervention might be worth considering?
My daughter was inpatient for almost 5 months last year (she has a neuromuscular disease) and the amount of flexibility she lost was staggering. They said every day inpatient takes roughly a week to get back to normal, if at all. That's another thing people don't think about. If elderly patients are able to beat it, their recovery will be longer and may ultimately result in fibrosis to the point that they are far more susceptible to things later.

My daughter was inpatient for almost 5 months last year (she has a neuromuscular disease) and the amount of flexibility she lost was staggering. They said every day inpatient takes roughly a week to get back to normal, if at all. That's another thing people don't think about. If elderly patients are able to beat it, their recovery will be longer and may ultimately result in fibrosis to the point that they are far more susceptible to things later.

That’s a good point and I’m sorry you had to learn that through personal experience.

I hope everything has been going well with your daughter.

I thought they should have picked the top sixteen teams and had the tourney at one place over two weekends which would have been immaculately cleaned with tests given to all players, refs, coaches.
Fans admitted only who would agree to wear mask s. Maybe it’s more serious than even I thought .

That’s a good point and I’m sorry you had to learn that through personal experience.

I hope everything has been going well with your daughter.
I appreciate that. She's generally doing well. Basically her weakness makes it hard for her to cough strong enough to clear herself out. She had RSV and it really took her down. We were in for 25 days, then came home and she got another cold and had to go back in again. We ultimately decided she needed to have a tracheostomy to allow access to clear her airway. She never fully recovered her original strength so she is on a ventilator generally all day. She's generally happy and healthy otherwise, but something like this virus could be very dangerous for her. That's why I appreciate that preventative measures are being taken to help curb the spread of infection. We're the people that might have to quarantine ourselves just to avoid getting it.

Reactions: HICATFAN and catben
I appreciate that. She's generally doing well. Basically her weakness makes it hard for her to cough strong enough to clear herself out. She had RSV and it really took her down. We were in for 25 days, then came home and she got another cold and had to go back in again. We ultimately decided she needed to have a tracheostomy to allow access to clear her airway. She never fully recovered her original strength so she is on a ventilator generally all day. She's generally happy and healthy otherwise, but something like this virus could be very dangerous for her. That's why I appreciate that preventative measures are being taken to help curb the spread of infection. We're the people that might have to quarantine ourselves just to avoid getting it.

This is what makes this virus TOTALLY different than people dying in "car wrecks". My Dad is in a similar position, but just has lung deficiency and is able to get out and do things, but has to stay away from the general public now. He knows he has to isolate himself now and I also appreciate all of the measures taken for people like him and your daughter. The rest of our family will have to stay away from him for a period of time that this thing gets better, also.

Bless you and your family.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT