ADVERTISEMENT

4 years 240M for Dak !??

shoulda just but the bullet when the going rate was in the 40-50 million range. That’s what the chiefs did with Mahomes and it’s already paying off.

Like it or not, it’s just the market right now. Cowboys couldn’t start over after singing Lamb, so you just take your medicine and hope for the best.

Locked up the offense centerpieces but it's going to hamper keeping other things together like OLine and defense down the line.

As a Cowboy fan he had no real choice … Dak contract was up after this year and he had a No Franchise Tag
Cooper Rush was 4-1 two years ago for injured Dak. SO you had an option to invest in better Oline, better RB, better Lbers, better WR opposite of Lamb. Plus you can always make a play for Kirk Cousins, etc...

Now giving all that to Diggs, Lamb, Dak and Parsons upcoming....you pretty much guaranteed you'll be losing other pieces and no shot to upgrade LBer (which is sorely needed).

As a born into Cowboys fan I can't believe the way we've conducted business this off-season.

He just killed the Cowboys after 1-2 years for the next 5-10. They're not going to be able to pay anyone after waiting for the market to reset and then sign them.

Just insane IMO.

Dak just became the highest paid and most overpaid by about 200 million in one swoop. I didn't think anyone could choke come playoff time more than Romo but Dak has said Hold My Beer.

Reactions: secrules3
Not a Dallas fan but Jones has done a lot right in making the Cowboys the most valuable team in the NFL.

The worst team move to me was the Browns dumping Baker Mayfield and trading 3 first round picks plus 3 day two picks for Deshaun Watson and giving him a $230 million fully guaranteed contract. Watson is 8-5 in his three years in Cleveland. Mayfield is 10-8 in Tampa.

Last edited:
Dak was first in passing TDs and third in passing yards last year. Arguably should've been the MVP. He and Josh Allen were more deserving than Lamar.

With that said, look at the top paid QBs. Why wouldn't Dak go out and get paid considering what Trevor Lawrence and Jordan Love are being paid.

QBTeamAPYStartsRecordPlayoffsRatingTD:INTSuper Bowls
Dak PrescottCowboys$60M11473-412-599.0202-740
Trevor LawrenceJaguars$55M5020-301-185.058-390
Joe BurrowBengals$55M5229-22-15-298.697:370-1
Jordan LovePackers$55M189-91-19435-140
Tua TagovailoaDolphins$53.1M5132-190-197.181:370
Jared GoffLions$53M11766-50-14-493.6185:820-1
Justin HerbertChargers$52.5M6230-320-195.7114:420
Lamar JacksonRavens$52M7758-192-498.0125:450
Jalen HurtsEagles$51M5134-172-391.167:340-1
Kyler MurrayCardinals$46.1M6528-36-10-192.294:460

Jerry is a fantastic owner but he shouldn't be a GM which is the main problem.

Dak just became the highest paid and most overpaid by about 200 million in one swoop. I didn't think anyone could choke come playoff time more than Romo but Dak has said Hold My Beer.
Yeah but the Cowboys gave up 48 points last year. I'd hardly blame that one on him.

The 49ers and Packers have their number though. Those two teams have eliminated the Cowboys in five of their last six playoff appearances

49ers beat them in 21, 22
Packers beat them in 14 (pre Dak), 16, 23
Rams beat them in 18

Jerry is a fantastic owner but he shouldn't be a GM which is the main problem.
Preach Christina Aguilera GIF

The Cowboys and Jerry Jones are a big reason why I havent watched the nfl in three seasons now. I too, a born into Dallas fan, just couldnt stand it any more.

Dak is a tier 2 QB.

Jerry has ruined the Cowboys since his ego got in the way and let Jimmy Johnson walk out the door.
I'm convinced Belichick will be the Cowboys' or Giants' coach next season.
The first quote is the reason why I don’t think you will see Belichick be the coach of the Cowboys. Jerry Jones wants way too much control! I used to be a Cowboys fan when I was growing up back in the 90’s and 2000’s he destroyed them when Jimmy and him couldn’t get along and Jimmy walked!

These contracts are going to start crippling teams, regardless of how good the player is. For example, if the Browns keep Watson, his dead cap hit next season is 172 mil dollars...... yes, you read that right. You cant build a team like that and they have to pay it. The only relief they could get would be to cut post june and they can spread the 172 over two years. It would be even worse if they didnt have 50 mil they get to roll over. Not only did they give him that money, they moved a lot of draft capital. It honestly could be the worst deal ever, but the point is, market or no, it some point it has to stop if you want to pay everyone anything

I like the Brady method where you didn’t handcuff your team with insane demands for your salary so you can build and keep a contender. Simply make the extra money through endorsements.

These deals are insane. I get why teams like the Jags make these deals cause they have no chance at getting anyone in free agency to want to come there. But someone like Jordan Love asking me to break the bank? Get lost, man.

Dak has put up great stats but would I make him the highest paid ever? Probably not. But the QB spot has been such a huge part of the financial and team success of your franchise so you got teams throwing out these insane deals.

As a result, you and I can’t go to a game with the kids unless you’re going to shell out $400+.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT