ADVERTISEMENT

4 CATS expected to go in first 17 picks of 2018 draft

I'm sorry to say this but Diallo only goes in the selective service draft if they reinstitute it. He has been a big disappointment for me because I had believed all the hype. He didnt play last season because he wasnt good enough to crack the lineup. JMHO. I hope that he does so well the rest of the way to actually deserve getting drafted..but currently I do not see it.

If that happens and no ZW it's a roster with Green, Baker, Quickley, Herro, Johnson, Gabriel, SKJ, and Richards. Thats assuming no one else leaves.

Well shit. Can't afford all of those guys with just a 3 man class coming in.
One of the reasons I can't believe that Cal hasn't offered Moses Brown, that 7'2 five star center. We need more than 3 guards next year, although some consider Keldon J a SF.

Reactions: TheWyldKat
If that happens and no ZW it's a roster with Green, Baker, Quickley, Herro, Johnson, Gabriel, SKJ, and Richards. Thats assuming no one else leaves.
Now you know why in my post yesterday I am puzzled Cal doesn't offer 7"2 5 star Moses Brown. We need some more bigs next year.

Reactions: TheWyldKat
As of right now only Knox is a first rounder. If JV plays well for the rest of the season he could easily move into the first round. SGA has been our best player so far but I'm not sure he's a first rounder just yet. Possibly a late first rounder. Diallo to me is a late 2nd rounder at best right now. Too many things he needs to work on.

Reactions: qwesley
But always remember the draft is very heavily weighted on potential as well. With Diallo's freakish athleticism, I won't be surprised a bit if he stays in top 17, but either way, I think he is a first round pick regardless. The concern is what if Nick Richards decides to go as well. We will be pretty thin in the front court next year. I sure hope we get Zion today, and I personally hope Coach Cal decides to offer Moses Brown. Of course if Wiseman decides to reclassify, even though he is now saying, "no way", that would be great for us.

Reactions: G-PIP
Now you know why in my post yesterday I am puzzled Cal doesn't offer 7"2 5 star Moses Brown. We need some more bigs next year.
Don't be surprised if next year some stink arises around Moses Brown.

Not saying I know anything or he has that around him, but in almost every case where Cal has oddly distanced himself from top players, they've turned out to have a lot of funky stuff going on around their recruitment.

Don't be surprised if next year some stink arises around Moses Brown.

Not saying I know anything or he has that around him, but in almost every case where Cal has oddly distanced himself from top players, they've turned out to have a lot of funky stuff going on around their recruitment.
He hasn't distanced himself though. He is still going to games and calling him, he just hasn't offered. I don't think this is a Ayton situation, I think it's Cal being sure he's good enough, but being a 5 star player at 7'2, I would think he's worth the risk that he takes a couple years to become really good.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
He hasn't distanced himself though. He is still going to games and calling him, he just hasn't offered. I don't think this is a Ayton situation, I think it's Cal being sure he's good enough, but being a 5 star player at 7'2, I would think he's worth the risk that he takes a couple years to become really good.
Maybe he knows something about Zion tonight that we don't. After the announcement, if it's not UK, perhaps an offer will fly to the 7'2" guy. If it's UK, maybe one never comes. Who knows, but we might find out later tonight.

These four will go, and I wouldn’t count on Gabriel, Richards or Green, either. Any of those guys can make a decision to go play for even low pay in the developmental league or Europe

I’ve said all year to prepare to lose the starting lineup sans Green. With Shai playing so well, I expect to lose him too. Love or hate Cal, but if that happens and he whiffs on Zion, Cal’s going to take a lot of heat and probably will deserve some of it

This is all some of us have been saying for a while, and boy, you'd have thought we killed brad.

If that happens, and we lose Zion, Cal will have no choice but an overhaul in some form with the way he recruits. The definition of insanity would doom him at UK.

Now that's worst case scenario, and I don't hold much stock into .Net, but it does look like Diallo will leave regardless, as will a few others. This team isn't that good as individual players as it is, some of them returning to go along with nothing else wouldn't matter.

We will see.

Last edited:

You forgot the best piece of the puzzle: PJ Washington. Plus Wynyard is valuable even if Richards stays, and crucial if he happens to leave.

Wouldn't you be pretty happy with the roster you set forth (including Washington, of course)? Add either Vanderbilt or Williamson and I'm really stoked (pretty stoked even without one of those though).

Last edited:
I get your name is "Goku" but be prepared for your username to be read " Go KU" as in Kansas.

If any of UK’s players go that high it is purely on potential because none of them have shown consistent performance worthy of being drafted that high except for SGA, and 6’6” guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA and most of them are decent 3 point shooters

Reactions: westerncat
Why anyone looks at that awful site baffles me. They are literally the worst mock draft available.

All four of these guys are probably gone, along with maybe one or two more. Hell, possibly three or four more. IMO, we keep Green, Baker, Wynyard, SKJ and probably Gabriel. Would also love to have Washington back. Vando, Knox, Diallo and SGA are all gone most likely. We need one more inside player. Hopefully Zion does that tonight. I have my doubts, though.

What is GOKU?

I was reading that as GO KU the whole time.
GOKU is the main character of one of the most popular adult/teenage cartoons of all time, called DragonballZ. D Fox for example is a huge DragonballZ and GOKU fan. Some of his pics have him as GOKU.

How much would 5 Star Bolden helped? We do not need warm bodies. The stars are not always a good indicator especially for big men because they usually tower above the high school competition.
Right now it looks like Nick, Tai, and SKJ will all be back with another year of experience.

Reactions: G-PIP
Knox and JV maybe, the other two, no. Love SGA but he is not NBA ready. Diallo, no way.

GOKU is the main character of one of the most popular adult/teenage cartoons of all time, called DragonballZ. D Fox for example is a huge DragonballZ and GOKU fan. Some of his pics have him as GOKU.

I'm a 90's kid but wasn't really into DagonballZ. Not much into anime back then.

I think I know which one you're talking about though. Fox always reminded me of Sonic

Reactions: GOKU9876
Don't kill me because he (Diallo) hasn't lived up to the hype...but he is one player that after a stint in d-league might make it he is built for the open court NBA style.

I really don't give a rats ass about where these guys are projected to get drafted. If they want to go, then go. I haven't watched an NBA game since I was in high school and I don't plan on watching another one any time soon. I love the guys while they're here and don't fault the ones for leaving who are truly ready for the pros, but this constant talk of draft status in the middle of the season got old 4 years ago.

What’s to say Wynyard doesn’t leave, too? He could play for pay in his home country if NBA isn’t his future

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT