ADVERTISEMENT

28 point favorite over Missouri

Feb 17, 2007
So what does everyone think about the line for the game tomorrow night? Before this last week I would think nothing about it but with the way the cats have played I am not sure. Goodness knows I would love a game like this as the last 2 have shaved years off my life. lol

I would love to see it happen. I hope the 2nd overtime performance of Lyles and Dakari helps get the bigs back on track. We really need to stop Karl Towns from getting bear-hug fouls. That would help out a lot.

after the last 2 games I would like to see win that is no in overtime. But what I did like about the last 2 games is it really showed this teams heart and willingness to win. The close games are great for us.

If we win by more than 15 I'd be shocked. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but they need to SHOW ME something.

Noticed from the latest box scores that Gil-Caesar hasn't played any and it looks like there have been some other big changes in who gets minutes,anyone got info?

Definitely way to high. I think a double digit win is coming but not by that many.

Originally posted by docholiday51:

Noticed from the latest box scores that Gil-Caesar hasn't played any and it looks like there have been some other big changes in who gets minutes,anyone got info?
Gill-Caesar has struggled with back spasms.

I've only watched Missouri once, and that was against Arizona early. (A game where they played decent.) In that game Gill-Caesar was one of the only guys they had who could get his own shot.

As it stands their best player is probably a guy with the inexplicable name of Keith Shamburger. Sounds like a Pynchon character.

Riding a three game winner in Vegas with that line. They are just giving free money away. Bama will beat us out right next Saturday.

Originally posted by Joneslab:

Originally posted by docholiday51:

Gill-Caesar has struggled with back spasms.

I've only watched Missouri once, and that was against Arizona early. (A game where they played decent.) In that game Gill-Caesar was one of the only guys they had who could get his own shot.

As it stands their best player is probably a guy with the inexplicable name of Keith Shamburger. Sounds like a Pynchon character.
I saw some of the LSU game,still don't see how Mizzou won.The appear to be playing small ball right now,they shot 22 and 27 3's in the last two games.We look like a terrible match-up for them but TAM looked that way too.

they won b/c LSU had their head up thier asses. Mizzou is not a good team and i mean not even a top 100 team . If we don't beat them by a minimum of 18-20 pts i will start to worry . Not worried at all right now but will then. They are bad . I have seen them play 4 times including when they beat LSU and only Miss St in the conference is less impressive.

Originally posted by caneintally:
they won b/c LSU had their head up thier asses. Mizzou is not a good team and i mean not even a top 100 team . If we don't beat them by a minimum of 18-20 pts i will start to worry . Not worried at all right now but will then. They are bad . I have seen them play 4 times including when they beat LSU and only Miss St in the conference is less impressive.
That is what I came away with as well,Mizzou didn't win it as much as LSU lost it.They do a bunch of dumb stuff but they have enough talent to pull some of it off.You can write it down they(LSU) will be all-world when we see them.

Originally posted by caneintally:
So if we were to win 77-60, but are efficient on the offensive end, you would be worried?

It'll be close to that. At least 20. I think I had 23 (79-56) in Ole Red's thread.

Some of you seem to think the season has only consisted of the last 2 games......

Perfect spot for the Cats. Coming off 2 ot games where they seemed to be in a major funk, back at Rupp playing against and not so good Missouri team and they'll get back to dominating form..28 is a pretty big number but I think they win by 24. I look for Willie to have a big game.

I know our confidence is shot in seeing a blow-out win against ANYONE right now, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a 20pt win or more. I honestly thought the Cats would win by 20 over A&M but I think the combination of the first league road game and the early start time led to that flat start and we found ourselves in a hole on an opponent's floor. I should have known better.

I wouldn't bet on UK covering 28, no, but I think the guys will be focused for this game, and I wouldn't be shocked to see a very comfortable win. And by the way, that will be quite a relief to me. Stressful games like the one from Saturday aren't much fun.

Originally posted by fballcats76:

Riding a three game winner in Vegas with that line. They are just giving free money away. Bama will beat us out right next Saturday.
False.

Missouri gave up 85 to Auburn, who ranks 230rd in adjusted offense. And that was AFTER Auburn scored 85! Gave up 73 to Elon who ranks 283rd in adjusted offense.

Missouri does have a pretty good win over Xavier though. Cats will need to come out ready to play. You know they'll come in to Rupp with confidence after a win and ready to knock off the #1 team.

I wouldn't touch a spread like that against anyone. You can be up 35 with 4 minutes to go and if Cal puts in the walk ons, you lose your money. Just dumb to bet lines that high.

Originally posted by GonzoCat90:

I wouldn't touch a spread like that against anyone. You can be up 35 with 4 minutes to go and if Cal puts in the walk ons, you lose your money. Just dumb to bet lines that high.
Yep,after the UL game it got to the point that you just can't take the Cats and give the points.It will be like that most of the SEC season and probably the SECT as well.

Originally posted by GonzoCat90:

I only bet the Cats in our first 6 early non-conference games this year, Kansas game excluded. They were 23-30 point favorites in our first 6 games, again skipping Kansas game. I was 5-1 with only loss being Buff. That is the ONLY time I would touch spreads that big and that was only because I got a peak at our team in the Bahamas and in exhibition games. As you said, you can be up 30 and lose your bet during last few minutes of scrub time. I certainly wouldn't bet these spreads in SEC play, even though we may win a few by 25+ points.

Last year Cats were 3-3 ATS in those early games.

Originally posted by KWilt43atbuzz:

Originally posted by fballcats76:

False.
Yeah, that guy obviously does not watch much basketball, hence his user name. Alabama has no offense.

I think the Cats will be fine there. We are not UT and A&M. If we had played A&M at home like Bama did and did not wear UK across our chest I'm sure we would have won with ease as well.

There are so many Chicken Littles in this fanbase it's not even funny.

OMG, the Cayuts didn't win by 40 for two games in a row. The wheels are falling off.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

I don't know if we'll cover the spread tomorrow night or not, but I expect a 10-20 point win IF Missouri doesn't have so no name guy go off for 25.

Originally posted by MegaBlue05:
There are so many Chicken Littles in this fanbase it's not even funny.

OMG, the Cayuts didn't win by 40 for two games in a row. The wheels are falling off.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

I don't know if we'll cover the spread tomorrow night or not, but I expect a 10-20 point win IF Missouri doesn't have so no name guy go off for 25.
Then who is the chicken little? We are favored by 28, but you think we win by 10-20 IF Mizz doesn't have someone go off?? Stepping out with a bold pic here man.

Not saying we will, but I can see this being a blowout. Missouri doesn't match up with us as well as Ole Miss or A&M. On offense, their weakness is turnovers, which is one of our strengths. They're also a very poor offensive rebounding team, so I don't see them being able to exploit our defense rebounding weakness.

On defense, they don't force turnovers, they don't defensive rebound well, and they send opponents to the line a lot. They're ranked 316th in the country at sending opponents to the line. That's a dangerous mix against us.

We'll see what happens. If it is a blowout, it will be interesting to see what effect that has on the guys. It could restore confidence and send them on a string of good games. Or, it could be an easy win and delay correction of some bad habits. Can't wait to find out though.

If Mizzou runs the shot clock down every possession then we likely won't cover but otherwise I think we will.

I'd love a solid 35+ point victory. It would almost make me forget about the two duds last week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT