ADVERTISEMENT

247 way too early rankings

I’m trying to stay level headed after last year but my goodness if our starting 5 is Quickley, Clarke, Boston, Brooks, and Montgomery with all the depth on the bench. Yikes. Let’s just get rid of this virus and get this team to campus!

Gonzaga. Lol. Well, I guess anything is possible. Hard to take them seriously. But on paper they always look plausible.
They had really good bigs which should return, plus a kid from Mali who sat out this year. Then they have a top-10 guard Jalen Suggs committed. There’s a decent chance Suggs goes pro, so who knows.

Plus there is their schedule. They play Arizona and Washington in December (both recent under-acheivers). Then they play a Thanksgiving tournament with Auburn and Mich State. If Suggs matriculates and no crazy losses early, then Gonzaga will be a top-5 team pretty much all year.

They had really good bigs which should return, plus a kid from Mali who sat out this year. Then they have a top-10 guard Jalen Suggs committed. There’s a decent chance Suggs goes pro, so who knows.

Plus there is their schedule. They play Arizona and Washington in December (both recent under-acheivers). Then they play a Thanksgiving tournament with Auburn and Mich State. If Suggs matriculates and no crazy losses early, then Gonzaga will be a top-5 team pretty much all year.
Suggs isn’t Going to Australia. Especially now with coronavirus. He sent out a tweet a few days ago saying that he can’t wait to get to Spokane and suit up for the zags.

Suggs isn’t Going to Australia. Especially now with coronavirus. He sent out a tweet a few days ago saying that he can’t wait to get to Spokane and suit up for the zags.
I don’t disagree. It’s difficult to say how this Coronavirus issue affects everything. But it probably makes more kids stay home. I just heard most top schools stayed away from Suggs in recruiting because everyone was hearing from his camp that he was going pro.

And tweets are non-binding last I checked. He could change his mind and go pro if everything clears up to his satisfaction.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
That projected line up with Quickly and Clarke in the backcourt is intriguing to say the least

I don’t disagree. It’s difficult to say how this Coronavirus issue affects everything. But it probably makes more kids stay home. I just heard most top schools stayed away from Suggs in recruiting because everyone was hearing from his camp that he was going pro.

And tweets are non-binding last I checked. He could change his mind and go pro if everything clears up to his satisfaction.
Most schools stayed away because they knew he was going to be a Zag. Just like his teammate Holmgren. And why would he send a specific tweet the other day saying that he can’t wait to get to Spokane and put on his Zags jersey?

jsuggs23's profile picture
jsuggs23
Verified
Wow, all I can say is wow. I have been extremely grateful to have played 5 amazing years of varsity basketball. Although this seems harsh now, the safety and health of people has to be top priority. On to the next chapter now, Zag nation I hope you’re ready, I got unfinished business to take care of. Stay safe, stay healthy. 1... signing out.☝

Most schools stayed away because they knew he was going to be a Zag. Just like his teammate Holmgren. And why would he send a specific tweet the other day saying that he can’t wait to get to Spokane and put on his Zags jersey?

jsuggs23's profile picture
jsuggs23
Verified
Wow, all I can say is wow. I have been extremely grateful to have played 5 amazing years of varsity basketball. Although this seems harsh now, the safety and health of people has to be top priority. On to the next chapter now, Zag nation I hope you’re ready, I got unfinished business to take care of. Stay safe, stay healthy. 1... signing out.☝
Look, chances are that you are correct and he ends up at Gonzaga. But I think it's cute that you think the tweet means anything. How many times have recent recruits swore that they were not reclassifying.... only to reclassify.

Kentucky Football had Wandale Robinson committed, and he was tweeting all of those same things. He even tweeted out he was firmly committed to Kentucky hours before announcing he was no longer committed and was flipping to Nebraska.

Look, chances are that you are correct and he ends up at Gonzaga. But I think it's cute that you think the tweet means anything. How many times have recent recruits swore that they were not reclassifying.... only to reclassify.

Kentucky Football had Wandale Robinson committed, and he was tweeting all of those same things. He even tweeted out he was firmly committed to Kentucky hours before announcing he was no longer committed and was flipping to Nebraska.
It wasn’t a tweet, it was actually an Instagram post and he sent it four days ago. Why are you so insecure? He’s not going to Australia.

It wasn’t a tweet, it was actually an Instagram post and he sent it four days ago. Why are you so insecure? He’s not going to Australia.

Calling anyone that disagrees with you insecure is an interesting debate tactic. How’s it working out for you?

Calling anyone that disagrees with you insecure is an interesting debate tactic. How’s it working out for you?
Seriously, that is bizarre. I am always on here defending Gonzaga for the most part. Curious message board strategy to call out one of your few "allies" as insecure.

I fail to see how an Instagram is any way more binding than a twitter post. I also ask myself how he failed to process that I have said he is probably right and Suggs ends up in Spokane

Reactions: Montana81
I’m trying to stay level headed after last year but my goodness if our starting 5 is Quickley, Clarke, Boston, Brooks, and Montgomery with all the depth on the bench. Yikes. Let’s just get rid of this virus and get this team to campus!
Would be incredible and imo, Brooks leap from year 1 to year 2 will be astonishing. Gonna temper expectations, but he was showing some serious signs towards the end of the year.

Would be incredible and imo, Brooks leap from year 1 to year 2 will be astonishing. Gonna temper expectations, but he was showing some serious signs towards the end of the year.
That team would be unreal! Cal needs to get veteran center and I think that team is unstoppable. Gonzaga and Virginia would be really solid teams, but we would have by far the most talented team!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT