ADVERTISEMENT

2025 5-Star Darryn Peterson (#3 Overall Recruit) Down to 4 Schools- RECLASS CANDIDATE

Count KU out if he’s a reclass. They have like 5 veteran guards. Then you only go out West Coast if you want to hoop in peace and not win anything of significance. Ohio State is the only real threat here.

Count KU out if he’s a reclass. They have like 5 veteran guards. Then you only go out West Coast if you want to hoop in peace and not win anything of significance. Ohio State is the only real threat here.

Rumors that USC is going to land DJ Wagner.

Have to think that would rule them out in the event of a reclass.

Rumors that USC is going to land DJ Wagner.

Have to think that would rule them out in the event of a reclass.
I wouldn’t think so if DJ is going to be running point for them. I wouldn’t really want to run SG next to DJ if I had other options. But his other option is Meechie Johnson who is a chucker too. Would be crazy to see Pope land an elite prospect in Peterson, when we pretty much know that Cal had blown that one for UK.

Reactions: lazycat75
That sounds like a title contender to me. I know some fans don't think the cast (or cats) we've gotten so far/who we're in on can get to a FF, but I'm not one of them.

This is a team that can throw down.
Osobor is apparently out, but add Peterson and Brea and we'll be sitting pretty.

Osobor is apparently out, but add Peterson and Brea and we'll be sitting pretty.
Seems a lot of people on Twitter think Goodman is talking out his ass about Osobor. I won't believe we're out until there's a clear consensus.

Even then, a la Brea, I won't believe it until Osobor signs elsewhere.

But yes, add those shooters and we're a top 10 team.

Don't all recruits claim they're staying in the previous class until after the Peach Jam (else they're not eligible to play)?

Yes indeed they do, I don't put much stock in what parents say tbh.

Hell, Jayden Quaintence's dad said they were rocking with Cal until the wheels fell off, and then cut Cal from the list. And then said NIL had nothing to do with his son's decision, and yet he goes to the highest bidder at Arizona State without even visiting.

Parents just say stuff to say stuff.

Yes indeed they do, I don't put much stock in what parents say tbh.

Hell, Jayden Quaintence's dad said they were rocking with Cal until the wheels fell off, and then cut Cal from the list. And then said NIL had nothing to do with his son's decision, and yet he goes to the highest bidder at Arizona State without even visiting.

Parents just say stuff to say stuff.
Guess Cal is driving a Hoopty.

This is where the rest of our NIL should go and we should lead the push in “NIL contracts”

He would have 2 years of college the same as JQ if he reclassifies. Offer him a guaranteed 3 million for 2 years. 1m in year one and 2 in year 2. On top of any commercials etc deals that he gets. He has an agent, we have lawyers. Sign a legal document. If you break the 2nd year option to transfer then year 2 is void et

We don’t need a roster of these guys but with what we have, getting 1 of these high 5 stars is splashy and could pay dividends in year 2, jump starting and anchoring a solid roster next season

This is where the rest of our NIL should go and we should lead the push in “NIL contracts”

He would have 2 years of college the same as JQ if he reclassifies. Offer him a guaranteed 3 million for 2 years. 1m in year one and 2 in year 2. On top of any commercials etc deals that he gets. He has an agent, we have lawyers. Sign a legal document. If you break the 2nd year option to transfer then year 2 is void et

We don’t need a roster of these guys but with what we have, getting 1 of these high 5 stars is splashy and could pay dividends in year 2, jump starting and anchoring a solid roster next season
He's not coming here this year at least. If he reclasses UK is off the table. Maybe a small chance if he stays in 25.

• Sad
Reactions: RunninRichie
He's not coming here this year at least. If he reclasses UK is off the table. Maybe a small chance if he stays in 25.
I always appreciate info from informed sources, and I'm particularly interested in whether Darryn Peterson will re-class to '24 ... so I'll ask - what are your sources that are the basis for your statement that "if he reclasses UK is off the table" ... ???

I always appreciate info from informed sources, and I'm particularly interested in whether Darryn Peterson will re-class to '24 ... so I'll ask - what are your sources that are the basis for your statement that "if he reclasses UK is off the table" ... ???
i can tell you the answer (you already know)
the dude has absolutely zero sources on this

Reactions: Mossip
He was considering UK in his final 4 but has decided to completely reopen his recruitment citing coaching changes at many of the schools. It’s more an educated opinion but if he was already planning to reclassify and join UK there wouldn’t be a need to be recruited by other schools. If he stays in 25 I think we’ll have a chance as Pope can get to know him and he was already being recruited by Baylor (Brooks).

• Sad
He was considering UK in his final 4 but has decided to completely reopen his recruitment citing coaching changes at many of the schools. It’s more an educated opinion but if he was already planning to reclassify and join UK there wouldn’t be a need to be recruited by other schools. If he stays in 25 I think we’ll have a chance as Pope can get to know him and he was already being recruited by Baylor (Brooks).
His dad said they're plannng to decide in July. I like UK's chances.

His dad said they're plannng to decide in July. I like UK's chances.
I hope so. It just has the feeling of a camp looking for the highest bid by getting a ton of schools involved, think JQ. Schools also are willing to break the bank on some of these guys this time of the year as they are seen as the “last” big time option. I don’t think anything is really wrong with that approach just don’t think we’ll win it.

I hope so. It just has the feeling of a camp looking for the highest bid by getting a ton of schools involved, think JQ. Schools also are willing to break the bank on some of these guys this time of the year as they are seen as the “last” big time option. I don’t think anything is really wrong with that approach just don’t think we’ll win it.
His dad also said they want to go to a place where he can compete against older players. Again, UK looks like a solid choice for that. Reclass and play against Pope's portal team. Plus he already has a relationship with Alvin Brooks. I hope to god the backup option for Robinson is a reclass Peterson.

When you state things as fact, you should have a reliable basis for that knowledge, i.e. a source. If not, that’s called being full of shit.

• Haha
Reactions: NothinButNylon
Btw for anyone wanting to see where his dad make the comments

"At this point with colleges in the transfer portal so heavy we just want to put him in the best environment possible to prepare him and start going against older guys now."

"Just reaching out to let you know our recruitment has totally opened back. It's no longer eight schools," the elder Peterson told 247Sports.

There was some speculation that Peterson could reclass to 2024. His father has confirmed that Peterson is planning to stay in the class of 2025. "After talking to Darryn earlier (the) final answer is that we are no longer considering a reclass. We will stay in 2025," he added.

He said he's not reclassing, but we all know how that goes.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT