ADVERTISEMENT

2024 SEC Schedules Rankes

Cat_Man_Blue

Sophomore
Jan 5, 2003
SIAP
This is interesting to me. Missouri, Ole Miss and UT are setup to have really good years schedule wise, if this pans out. On the other hand this may be Billy Napier's last year. The UF schedule is brutal. UK comes in as the number 7 schedule, meaning there 9 teams that have tougher schedule than UK. What are your thoughts?

SEC schedule rankings

Last edited:
Can't wait to make that Saturday afternoon S Carolina game which is a must win for us with the type of year we want and schedule after that week. I'm thinking at best 8 wins 9 if we over achieve.

Reactions: backinky2018
It will be interesting to see how scheduling shakes out over the first few years of the new Super SEC. If/which teams get brutally hard schedules over consecutive seasons and how much getting a less challenging schedule will affect playoff considerations.

I wonder if a performance based schedule like the NFL might be in order?

All the SEC schedules look pretty damn tough.

Mizzou likely has the least competition, but you don’t know until the games are played.

The Super-SEC is kind of like when the conference hosted the first Championship game, risking an unnecessary defeat for an undefeated regular season champion.

Hopefully, with a 12 team playoff, we will see ALL SEC teams at 10-2 (or better) in the Top 12, and some 9-3 teams, also.

Can't wait to make that Saturday afternoon S Carolina game which is a must win for us with the type of year we want and schedule after that week. I'm thinking at best 8 wins 9 if we over achieve.
I’m looking forward to it as well. Love the 3:30 pm start time . Should set the tone for the season.
Noon games are too early and 7:30 pm games too late so this may be the only Game I attend although I usually have made four each year since my group broke up after thirty five years of season tickets . Wish all start times were between one and six but I realize the TV gods rule.

It will be interesting to see how scheduling shakes out over the first few years of the new Super SEC. If/which teams get brutally hard schedules over consecutive seasons and how much getting a less challenging schedule will affect playoff considerations.

I wonder if a performance based schedule like the NFL might be in order?
Yeah that is going to be a big issue, probably starting this year. By comparison of (projected) top half teams, Mizzou and strangely Texas have lighter schedules. Georgia has Texas, Bama, Ole Miss all on the road.

Reactions: travisbickle
How many other SEC teams play both Texas & Georgia, consensus top 4 preseason teams? Plus Ole Miss who I think is considered by most the 3rd best team in the conference.
Alabama, Ole Miss, Texas and UGA are probably going to by top 6 or 7 in the pre season. 5 teams play 3 of those teams:

Kentucky plays Texas, UGA and Ole Miss
Mississippi State plays Texas, UGA and Ole Miss
Florida plays Texas, UGA and Ole Miss
Georgia plays Texas, Alabama and Ole Miss
Oklahoma plays Texas, Ole Miss and Alabama

On the flip side, 4 teams play only 1 of those 4:

Missouri plays Alabama
Ole Miss plays UGA
Texas plays UGA
TAMU plays Texas

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
Alabama, Ole Miss, Texas and UGA are probably going to by top 6 or 7 in the pre season. 5 teams play 3 of those teams:

Kentucky plays Texas, UGA and Ole Miss
Mississippi State plays Texas, UGA and Ole Miss
Florida plays Texas, UGA and Ole Miss
Georgia plays Texas, Alabama and Ole Miss
Oklahoma plays Texas, Ole Miss and Alabama

On the flip side, 4 teams play only 1 of those 4:

Missouri plays Alabama
Ole Miss plays UGA
Texas plays UGA
TAMU plays Texas
Great observation on your part. Every game in the SEC is tough, but when 3 of them are against top 10 teams it seems unfair. I think UK could field one of its best teams this year, but the schedule could dimenish that, record wise.

Great observation on your part. Every game in the SEC is tough, but when 3 of them are against top 10 teams it seems unfair. I think UK could field one of its best teams this year, but the schedule could dimenish that, record wise.
Last year, we played the teams that finished 4th, 5th and 8th at the end of the season. This year is looking to be similar with UGA, Ole Miss and Texas.

If we can go 7-1 at home (loss being to UGA) and win at UF, that gets us to 8. Going to be tough to win one of @Ole Miss, @Texas and @UT though.

Almost feel as if 8 is our ceiling going into the season. Hope some things shift and we can get to 9.

Reactions: The-Hack
Hope some things shift and we can get to 9.

I have no idea why, but I just have a good feeling visiting Texas.

With prior expansions, bringing in teams like Mizzou, Arky, A & M, etc., teams against which we did not have 60 year streaks of futility, we seem to have faired better, and played very competitively. Like the overtime game at aTm in 2018.

Clearly Ole Miss & Texas should be playing this yr.

The favorable scheduling given to Texas is annoying. Is the Birmingham office going to be differential to Austin as the Big 12 famously were?

I have no idea why, but I just have a good feeling visiting Texas.

With prior expansions, bringing in teams like Mizzou, Arky, A & M, etc., teams against which we did not have 60 year streaks of futility, we seem to have faired better, and played very competitively. Like the overtime game at aTm in 2018.
I agree. Also, our game against Texas in Austin is sandwiched between their rivalry games with Arkansas and A&M. Perfect spot for UK.

It's hard to tell going into the season, but I don't think UK's schedule is horrible by SEC standards. Clearly, Mizzou and Texas have the most favorable schedules, but UK does have some advantages:

-We get South Carolina, Vandy, and Auburn all at home. UK needs to go 3-0 in these games.
-Florida is a winnable game, let's keep this streak going.
-Win those four and we only need to go 2-2 to make the playoff. Yes, I typed that. Easier said than done, but not impossible. Even winning only 1 of those 4 games puts us at 9-3 and on the cusp of playoff.

Would be nice to have that year where we don't lay any eggs. Generally we lay at least one egg a year. Or, if we do, I hope it's against a Mac team where we pull out a last minute win anyway. Also, it would be Nice to have one gargantuan upset. Texas in Austin, UT in Knoxville, or UGA at home would fit the bill...

UK better needs to be no worse than 4-3 after 7 games. I see 7 wins as a challenge this year. I hope I’m wrong.

Reminder, the 2025 SEC schedule is just the 24 one with home/home flipped. UK will host Texas in their 2nd yr in the SEC. Texas a&m has been in for 13, no trip to The Krog in sight.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
It's hard to tell going into the season, but I don't think UK's schedule is horrible by SEC standards. Clearly, Mizzou and Texas have the most favorable schedules, but UK does have some advantages:

-We get South Carolina, Vandy, and Auburn all at home. UK needs to go 3-0 in these games.
-Florida is a winnable game, let's keep this streak going.
-Win those four and we only need to go 2-2 to make the playoff. Yes, I typed that. Easier said than done, but not impossible. Even winning only 1 of those 4 games puts us at 9-3 and on the cusp of playoff.

Would be nice to have that year where we don't lay any eggs. Generally we lay at least one egg a year. Or, if we do, I hope it's against a Mac team where we pull out a last minute win anyway. Also, it would be Nice to have one gargantuan upset. Texas in Austin, UT in Knoxville, or UGA at home would fit the bill...

I don't have any clue how the season will play out, but with the schedule Missouri drew, I expect them to be 11-1 in and unless they just get blown out in the championship game at 11-2. I don't think they are one of the top 2 teams, but they drew every team likely to be looking for a coach for 25. I think OM, Bama, Texas, UGA and likely UK are all better, but don't have Missouri's schedule and will all give each other a loss or 2. We have all 4 of those away, going 2-2 will be an acomplishment.

Reactions: The-Hack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT