ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Recruiting Back 7 on Defense

I’d call it a sold B+

Lovett snd childress at safety
Dre Phillips and ??? At CB

DJackson and Wallace at inside lb
Afari is somewhere in that rotation

If we had valentine back at Cb….I’d call it A-

Panic? Why? Several returnees with experience, a couple of transfer who should, on paper, contribute. Athletes at each level. Do we have LBs capable of putting pressure on the QB is really my only question. And we definitely have some candidates who can step up. Only time will tell if they do.

No panic, though. D will be stout this year.

Key will be some pressure from DL plus JJ will be key. Depth on line is solid but need consistent pressure. Ability to drop 7 back in coverage is vritical but team returns a core at back 7. Just need a few step ups. Stoops has hit on the transfers and this year just need a few on D. Its Offensive tackle where the hits are needed.

Sorry guys. I mean recruiting wise. My bad
Idk if you changed the title, but not sure how it went that way. Lol

I give them a B- so far. Still a long way till Dec. Nichols is a great get. Redd, Groves, and Smith could develop into some good, fast, long, rangey LBs. Need to add BRob though he may play DE. Need to hang on to Marshall. I only say that becasue he said his recruitment wasn't over that he wanted to commit to hold a spot. He will take his OV to UK this fall so hopefully they seal it then. He def will be looking at his options. They still need to add a safety, maybe a big Mike LB to finish it off

I did change the title to make sure everyone knew what I was talking about

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT