ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Guard Trent Noah Drops 66 on Cordia

UPSCat4080

All-SEC
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
This kid doesn’t get the name push that a couple others do in the 13th Region, but he has been on an absolute tear! A 6’7 guard with handles, range and elite level skill that can drop any pass on a dime. Great kid and an even better teammate!

Harlan County defeated Cordia 128-105 Saturday.

https://www.wymt.com/2022/01/23/trent-noah-hangs-66-harlan-countys-marathon-win-over-cordia/

Good gene pool good as well. Mom and dad both good athletes, father with size and his mom could absolutely fly down the track back in the day. Plus his grandfather on Mom's side played football at U.K. and great uncle on dads side played at U.K. as well. Great player for his grade and Great kid from really good family.

1. Xavier/Tennessee/Vanderbilt/etc. will get him

2. Then transfer to Eastern or Morehead because he isn’t getting the minutes he wants

3. Then score about 18 points, going 4/9 from 3 against UK in November

4. There will be a 35 page thread about how Cal refused to recruit him because he is an in-state kid.

Hopefully, I'm wrong.

2. Then transfer to Eastern or Morehead because he isn’t getting the minutes he wants

4. There will be a 35 page thread about how Cal refused to recruit him because he is an in-state kid.

Hopefully, I'm wrong.
haha

Hopefully, I'm wrong.
Very detailed

This kid doesn’t get the name push that a couple others do in the 13th Region, but he has been on an absolute tear! A 6’7 guard with handles, range and elite level skill that can drop any pass on a dime. Great kid and an even better teammate!

Harlan County defeated Cordia 128-105 Saturday.

https://www.wymt.com/2022/01/23/trent-noah-hangs-66-harlan-countys-marathon-win-over-cordia/
Cordia was the absolute worst team in the region back in the day. I assume they haven’t changed. Kind of like Lee’s Junior College playing UK. One of my friends in HS scored 64 points against Riverside Academy in 1974. Guy never got 1 scholarship offer. Riverside and Cordia were both pretty bad teams. Not saying this kid isn’t good, just saying come back when he does it against a halfway descent team.

Cordia was the absolute worst team in the region back in the day. I assume they haven’t changed. Kind of like Lee’s Junior College playing UK. One of my friends in HS scored 64 points against Riverside Academy in 1974. Guy never got 1 scholarship offer. Riverside and Cordia were both pretty bad teams. Not saying this kid isn’t good, just saying come back when he does it against a halfway descent team.
Most guys on this board couldn’t put up 66 in an empty gym in 4 quarters lol. You must not know much about the kid though because he’s averaging 28+ on the year playing a competitive schedule. Was on his way to being MVP of the 13th region tournament as an 8th grader before a great comeback by Knox Central. The passing ability is the thing that sets him apart and his scoring consistency. Look at most players in the state averaging 25+ and how many shots they take to obtain that. Noah went 25/33 and 13/16 at the line Saturday. That’s an amazing feat regardless who you are playing.

Reactions: jauk11 and Cawood86
Actually Cordia has turned into some kind of boarding school ever since Rodrick Rhodes was the coach. I'm not saying they IMG academy but their pretty good.

Cordia is actually one of the more athletic teams in the state. I don't know about them being a great basketball team, but they would win a track meet or a dunk contest. They still are bringing in inner city kids like Rod Rhodes started doing...

I think I saw where Coastal Carolina offered Noah. He is not the most explosive player I've seen, but he plays smart and is very strong with the ball. I watched him as an 8th grader in a regional game and he was one of the best players on the floor.

Hopefully, I'm wrong.
You need to add his lack of competition

Good gene pool good as well. Mom and dad both good athletes, father with size and his mom could absolutely fly down the track back in the day. Plus his grandfather on Mom's side played football at U.K. and great uncle on dads side played at U.K. as well. Great player for his grade and Great kid from really good family.
Yep. I know his family very well. All true.

Reactions: Calsmyguy
Cordia is actually one of the more athletic teams in the state. I don't know about them being a great basketball team, but they would win a track meet or a dunk contest. They still are bringing in inner city kids like Rod Rhodes started doing...

I think I saw where Coastal Carolina offered Noah. He is not the most explosive player I've seen, but he plays smart and is very strong with the ball. I watched him as an 8th grader in a regional game and he was one of the best players on the floor.
Hope the kid does well.

Random fact: Coastal Carolina, the school that has offered Noah has a Cordia connection. 2002 Cordia grad Matt Hurt is the Director of Basketball Operations there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT