ADVERTISEMENT

2023 In-State Dandy Dozen Prospects Update

Rock_Cat78

All-American
Dec 30, 2002
Right before the high school season started, I posted my list/ranking of the top 12 2023 prospects in the state. With two weeks left in the regular season, I've decided to update the list and will probably do so again in December after the state championship games are played. There is some movement on the list and some new names. Onto the rankings:

1) Saadiq Clements - Easily the biggest riser as his film is markedly improved this season. Being tucked away at Henderson County, some people are still just now learning about him. If he chooses to hit the camp scene next spring & summer, I could see that exposure leading to a big bump in the rankings. I think he has Rivals 100 potential.

2) William Woo Spencer - Dropped from #1 to #2 due to Clements rise and the fact that he has been injured and has no Junior film. Big potential is still there as his Junior film shows.

3) Micah Carter - Once again, he has been injured all season and has no Junior film, but his size and length makes him an intriguing prospect.

4) Christian Conyer - The do it all player from South Warren is being recruited by Kentucky as a DB and looks like a player who may also be able to contribute in the return game. He has also been dealing with an injury of late. Conyer is just an all around good football player.

5) Kaden Moorman - The recent UK commit has had a very productive season, when he actually gets the ball. He only gets around 10-12 carries per game on average, but again, the production has been there and he has also returned two kickoffs for TD's.

6) Tommy Zeismer - The DE/OLB/Jack from Boyle County has exciting potential. His TFL numbers were surprisingly non existent the first few games of the season, but the last three games, the production has gotten better. Boyle will make a deep playoff run, so I'm looking forward to how the rest of his season goes.

7) Malachi Wood - An unbelievably large frame (6'9, 290) on the OT from Madison Central. He is still a hidden gem for the most part, but I love his potential. Hoping to see him play Friday night vs Bryan Station.

8) Oryend Fisher - The DE from Great Crossing HS in Georgetown is having a monster Junior season with 19.5 TFL and 12.5 Sacks. He needs to add weight to his slight frame, but has a 6'6 frame to do so. He has outperformed his teammate Kalib Perry who is headed to UT.

9) Ty Bryant - Bryant, the UK commit is a prospect that grows on me more and more as time goes by. He is just a versatile, fundamentally sound player who has more raw athletic ability than I think he is given credit for. Sadly, Douglass' schedule has been mostly terrible and they've had two games canceled due to other school's Covid issues. Him being #9 shows how good the 2023 in-state class is.

10) Jeremiah Collins - Long and lanky DB from Louisville Male with a lot of potential. Has two INT on the year.

11) Kenyon Goodin - QB/WR from Collins high school is putting up huge news this year both throwing and running the ball. Last year, he was one of the leading receivers in the state and this year, he has become a do it all QB. I'm really interested to see what direction his recruitment takes and can't believe he has no offers yet.

12) Dakota Patterson - The WR from Corbin has been a known prospect probably longer than anyone on this list. At the 247 site, they rank him as a four star prospect and #2 in the state. Personally, I just don't see that, but UK has always been high on him. From my eyes, it doesn't help that Corbin just doesn't use him or Treyveon Longmire like they could/should. Can he compete athletically in the SEC? That's my current question/concern.

So that wraps up the list. Below is the initial rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News