ADVERTISEMENT

2021 UK Football Depth Chart

TuckyFB

All-SEC
Jun 21, 2016
E-DNZ1mXoAYvKN6.jpeg

E-DNZ1mXoAYvKN6-2.jpeg

UK says the offensive depth chart needs to be corrected. DeMarcus Harris should be listed as Z-WR2, in place of Chauncey Magwood, behind Isaiah Epps.

It's encouraging to see that he's even listed but I doubt he will see any action.

It's encouraging to see that he's even listed but I doubt he will see any action.
Weaver listed as an "or" so that leaves the coaches with an out. I just don't see him playing until the last half of the year, if then.

Weaver listed as an "or" so that leaves the coaches with an out. I just don't see him playing until the last half of the year, if then.
They will be cautious, for sure. He is taking live snaps without the red jersey in practice. So, it appears his progression will be made during the week.

A minor thing…but why doesn’t UK use a backup QB as a holder on kicks? If something breaks down or they try to run a trick play, wouldn’t it be better to have a QB than a backup kicker?

I am just guessing that Poore would have more experience than a backup QB at catching that long snap. Essentially, you can have your special teams p/k and long snapper(s) practice on the sideline the entire practice and can go through a ton of reps while you work on other things with the offense and defense. So, Poore and/or another kicker/punter might see say 50 snaps from the long snapper (just making a number up) while your backup QB would have to take time away from other things to get anywhere near that many.

Reactions: thornie1
Surprising one to me is back up left tackle Buford at only 6' 3". Must have Anthony Davis arms. I suppose that's why we're going after Goodwin.
That's because Naasir Watkins is serving a 4 game suspension. My hunch is that Flax would be the 3rd DT regardless if it's left or right.

Reactions: zcats

The dude was running pretty great months ago. I know I saw him in clips of the scrimmages. He's gonna play.

There are several players that aren't listed that will get minutes, especially on offense. A couple more running backs, offensive linemen and wide receivers will see action.

The spot that surprises me is...

Where is Isaiah Gibson at either DE or DT? I thought the coaches spoke well of his play at times last, so I thought he'd surely be ahead of tr-FR Saunders.

Is he just playing DE?

Reactions: matt_man and K_TIME
Kentucky has 10 out of 11 seniors starting on defense. Defense will be good as per usual under Stoops.
And only one Fr-HS on the offensive 2-deep. I love seeing how Stoops has built up our depth.

A minor thing…but why doesn’t UK use a backup QB as a holder on kicks? If something breaks down or they try to run a trick play, wouldn’t it be better to have a QB than a backup kicker?
Len Dawson held on extra points for the Kansas City Chiefs. I believe it was Len, who when asked by a reporter why a pro Qb would hold on extra pointes, replied, "If I did not hold it, it would fall over."

Where is Anale and Gibson? Behind Saunders? Kind of surprised with Horsey over Dotson and Burton over Adams and thought Young would play some.

Where is Anale and Gibson? Behind Saunders? Kind of surprised with Horsey over Dotson and Burton over Adams and thought Young would play some.

It may be wrong, but in answering my own question about Gibson, he may be dinged up. Anaele plays DE, so he wouldn’t be behind Saunders. It does appear he is behind Rybka, though.

My guess is Rybka can probably play either DE or DT, so he could slide over and give snaps there if needed while Anaele could give more snaps at DE.

Question. Our long snappers are just over 209lbs and 187 lbs. respectively, what keeps them from being leveled by an athletic Nose tackle on their way to block a kick?

Question. Our long snappers are just over 209lbs and 187 lbs. respectively, what keeps them from being leveled by an athletic Nose tackle on their way to block a kick?

I may be wrong (As a father and husband, this happens often 😂), but I think it may be a penalty

Saw the clips you're referring to and he looked great but running a sprint and going against 300 lb SEC OL are much different things.

Very true. Stoops said they’ll bring him along slowly, but he’s ready and able to play week 1 which is pretty awesome.

Horsey started over Dotson last year
Was going to comment this. Cox over Dotson may be a bit of a surprise, but Dotson will get a lot of PT. Especially when we’re running it down the defense’s throat to ice games, as he’s an excellent run-blocker. I expect to see him mauling some ULM defenders early & often come Saturday.

Was going to comment this. Cox over Dotson may be a bit of a surprise, but Dotson will get a lot of PT. Especially when we’re running it down the defense’s throat to ice games, as he’s an excellent run-blocker. I expect to see him mauling some ULM defenders early & often come Saturday.
I think Dotson has lost to Cox with the move to OS zone running and higher premium on pass blocking ability. This is the only thing I come up with... plow horse loses to coach horse.

Reactions: The-Hack and Mozzie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT