ADVERTISEMENT

2 Seniors 41 Points, 6 Freshmen 29 Points

With the tranfer portal and nil the way it is crazy to even sign a freshman we only keep players for one year so why not have all 5th year grad tranfers

“We had some guys that didn’t play the we they been playing all year”

Blames the players.

Specifically, blames Reed and Rob (his bench) wo saying it.

Cause Reeves showed up.

Rest of the guys looked exactly like they’ve looked all year for the most part so who’s he talking about?

Who else would he be throwing under the bus with a comment like this?

Reactions: blubo
“We had some guys that didn’t play the we they been playing all year”

Blames the players.

Specifically, blames Reed and Rob (his bench) wo saying it.

Cause Reeves showed up.

Rest of the guys looked exactly like they’ve looked all year for the most part so who’s he talking about?

Who else would he be throwing under the bus with a comment like this?
Players might not have played the way they played all year, but unfortunately our head coach coached the way he did all year long.

That's all.
Still think we advance with ease if Mitchell plays 10 minutes or less. His numbers don’t tell the whole story. 31 minutes of Tre broke our team offense, weakened our defense for 3/4 of the game, took away a driver/baseline cutter/offensive rebounder/put back dunker from the 4 spot, and some of his misses (close range jumpers, wide open threes) were killers.

I agree with @ralphdaltonfan - this team is still playing and has a higher seed if Tre Mitchell never shows up in Lexington. People claim we needed him until the bigs were ready. Did we though? We played scrubs and he didn’t help against KU.

Could’ve managed with Adou and Burks during that stretch.

Still think we advance with ease if Mitchell plays 10 minutes or less. His numbers don’t tell the whole story. 31 minutes of Tre broke our team offense, weakened our defense for 3/4 of the game, took away a driver/baseline cutter/offensive rebounder/put back dunker from the 4 spot, and some of his misses (close range jumpers, wide open threes) were killers.

I agree with @ralphdaltonfan - this team is still playing and has a higher seed if Tre Mitchell never shows up in Lexington. People claim we needed him until the bigs were ready. Did we though? We played scrubs and he didn’t help against KU.

Worst part of it all was starting Tre after he played so bad for so long. Had a chance to start the game off right and not give them any confidence and we go with a guy who hadn't played good in months. Pathetic.

With the tranfer portal and nil the way it is crazy to even sign a freshman we only keep players for one year so why not have all 5th year grad tranfers
Then you miss out on a Reed, on a Rob. I think it’s best to have a mix. Cal has always gone too much on the FR lean. FR naturally (in most cases) just aren’t as physically mature as 3rd-4th year players, add in Covid which made it 4th-5th year guys.
We do keep some for multiple years. Not as many as we would like, but some.

I think this year we saw the benefit of getting a portal guy for 2 years. Reeves was much better this year.

Worst part of it all was starting Tre after he played so bad for so long. Had a chance to start the game off right and not give them any confidence and we go with a guy who hadn't played good in months. Pathetic.
It’s mind boggling. It’s like he read this board and saw all of the threads about how Tre was hindering this team and he had to prove the Bennie’s wrong. And they were right, yet again.

Reactions: mcwildcats04

Totally wrong. Geez. You are out there.

Cal designed (if he even has a plan) the offense against Oakland’s zone to feed Mitchell and Wagner (of all people) in the open spot in the zone. Mitchell delivered with points and rebounds, a double-double. Cal’s running out multiple combinations of players and musical chairs 7- footers didn’t establish any semblance of defense or offense. I don’t blame any player for losing the last two games. I blame the inept lazy coach who doesn’t get his team strategically ready to play.

These were nice freshmen. But they were finesse players. Too soft to play defense and when the time came they pissed down their leg. I hope they all get a shitload if NIL and come back. Not happening tho

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT