ADVERTISEMENT

1998 UK Wildcats

Mar 5, 2006
I was far, far away from Kentucky in 1998. I missed that entire season. My parents video taped the 1998 Championship game against Utah and I have seen the Duke game as well on YouTube.

I’ve been wanting to watch games from that season. The YouTube search has helped me find 3 or 4. Is there still a website or links to any games from that season? Thanks in advance!

I was far, far away from Kentucky in 1998. I missed that entire season. My parents video taped the 1998 Championship game against Utah and I have seen the Duke game as well on YouTube.

I’ve been wanting to watch games from that season. The YouTube search has helped me find 3 or 4. Is there still a website or links to any games from that season? Thanks in advance!
I’m sure YouTube has a couple, maybe do a google search. Ask BWO as well, he had a huge archive at one point.

Not the 1998 team, but nothing makes me angrier than when I try to show my son the 1996 game @ LSU (86 points in the 1st half) on YouTube and it looks like it was filmed on a toaster. Why is the quality so bad?!
Because there was no HDTV in 1996 and that combined with lowering the quality via YouTube compression makes it that much worse. You’re converting a VHS tape to digital to YouTube.

Because there was no HDTV in 1996 and that combined with lowering the quality via YouTube compression makes it that much worse. You’re converting a VHS tape to digital to YouTube.
I get it, but there’s actually a lot of footage from that era that doesn’t look nearly that bad. Specifically the Kentucky-LSU game that’s on YouTube is worse than any other video from that era I’ve seen.

Not the 1998 team, but nothing makes me angrier than when I try to show my son the 1996 game @ LSU (86 points in the 1st half) on YouTube and it looks like it was filmed on a toaster. Why is the quality so bad?!

Yeah but if you showed me game footage in 1996 from a game in 1968 I would have thought it was from the Stone Age. 1996 was a long time ago unfortunately.

I wish you luck. I consider it one of the tragedies of our time that UK and/or whatever networks own the rights to all the old games won't clean them up as best they can and sell them while we're all still willing to pay a premium for them. Some day someone will do that. Chances are it will be so far in the future that there won't be much interest left in that time period, if any. But who knows. If it starts with a few history buffs and they get into it, maybe they could pass it around and it would catch on. Maybe even start some kind of renaissance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT