ADVERTISEMENT

13 penalties

10 on the field for that punt. $9m annually, plus staff. Lord knows what we pay to keep these guys fed all day at the office… marrow alone has to be eating 5000 calories a day.

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
Why are we surprised that it keeps happening? I mean just last week saw Jager Burton basically sabbotage the game with his stupid penalties, yet he ran off the field with a smile and went right back into the game. But I'm sure he learned his lesson. The team sees that crap and think they can get away with it because obviously the coaches don't have a problem with it.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Why are we surprised that it keeps happening? I mean just last week saw Jager Burton basically sabbotage the game with his stupid penalties, yet he ran off the field with a smile and went right back into the game. But I'm sure he learned his lesson. The team sees that crap and think they can get away with it because obviously the coaches don't have a problem with it.
Yeah it’s been a decade at this point. Even the team that won 10 games gave away wins with this stuff.

Uhhhhhh. I think it was 14 penalties.

Maybe there is a discrepancy because we actually managed to rough the quarterback twice on one play?!?!?!?!

I had never seen one player get two personal fouls on one snap!

That might be as rare as an unassisted triple play in baseball!!

Reactions: FltDoc
More penalty yards (122) than passing yards (120).
Wow you're right. That's pathetic ...won't beat anyone like that unless you have the running game going stupid (see UF). Today the running game was serviceable. But hard to beat anyone decent when you throw multiple picks and have that many yards lost to penalties, also giving them short fields to play with while we're horrible at moving the ball most of the time ..

We cannot play behind .....we can't grasp the concept that you shouldn't run clock when you're losing late in the game ..maybe stoops will figure that out one day he hasn't yet.

Wow you're right. That's pathetic ...won't beat anyone like that unless you have the running game going stupid (see UF). Today the running game was serviceable. But hard to beat anyone decent when you throw multiple picks and have that many yards lost to penalties, also giving them short fields to play with while we're horrible at moving the ball most of the time ..

We cannot play behind .....we can't grasp the concept that you shouldn't run clock when you're losing late in the game ..maybe stoops will figure that out one day he hasn't yet.
Stoops isn’t figuring anything out at this stage of his career. He is what he is. Did anyone watching tonight’s game think with 4 plus minutes to go in the first half not guess how the half would end. We have seen it game after game, year after year.

You just don't see that anywhere else. Players have to know there are no consequences for playing this bone headed. They have to know there is nobody to take their place. They either don't know or don't care how much they are hurting the team.

I've said it before (go back and check if you'd like)...

Stoops has given us what he has to offer as a coach -- nothing to be mad or ashamed of -- it's just what it is. After 11 years we know....so...

We can either decide to remain in place and hope for and enjoy the rare 10 win seasons (I don't think it'll happen again with SEC expansion).... or...

We can swing for the fences knowing that we could end up like every other SEC team and regress/struggle for years before hitting a home run.

As I sit here today, I'm not exactly sure what I think is best for UK and the fan base, but I tend to think "60 : 40" swing for the fences!

I've said it before (go back and check if you'd like)...

Stoops has given us what he has to offer as a coach -- nothing to be mad or ashamed of -- it's just what it is. After 11 years we know....so...

We can either decide to remain in place and hope for and enjoy the rare 10 win seasons (I don't think it'll happen again with SEC expansion).... or...

We can swing for the fences knowing that we could end up like every other SEC team and regress/struggle for years before hitting a home run.

As I sit here today, I'm not exactly sure what I think is best for UK and the fan base, but I tend to think "60 : 40" swing for the fences!
Remember who is AD

Reactions: FltDoc
Remember who is AD
Barnhart is a good, decent person in my opinion regardless of how you feel about the job he's doing. He has elevated ALL of UK Athletics and is an honorable man.

However, his acceptance of "mediocrity" for both basketball and football is baffling to me...as One is a step down, and one a step up for UK sports, but both are mediocre....

Is that what we really want?

Barnhart is a good, decent person in my opinion regardless of how you feel about the job he's doing. He has elevated ALL of UK Athletics and is an honorable man.

However, his acceptance of "mediocrity" for both basketball and football is baffling to me...as One is a step down, and one a step up for UK sports, but both are mediocre....

Is that what we really want?
Barnhart may or may not be a good,decent person, I have no idea but I think Stoops and Cals contracts are not good for the University. Before Stoops he hired Joker, before Cal he hired Billy Clyde, not a good track record.

Reactions: BigPeb and FltDoc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT