ADVERTISEMENT

12 Man Roster

I’ll be looking forward to Big Blue Madness more than in previous years. In previous years we knew about recruiting targets for months before they signed. We had a year or more to memorize names, watch highlight tape, and watch them play in HS allstar events. I felt that I knew them well before BBM.

With so many transfers on this roster they seem like strangers. Can’t wait to watch how they play and see their skill level.

All 12 will play imo.

At least 10 deep and that would leave out Perry and Noah. Although I expect both to have year 2-4 impact
I have a feeling as well as they shoot the ball, if it translates than they may see more time than we think. All depends on how everyone else plays, definitely gonna be hard. I could see Noah maybe getting in earlier because of his size.

Reactions: EliteBlue
If he reclasses, I am pretty sure he will be eligible for the ‘25 draft.
If he is old for his class, almost sure he will be eligible. If I was Pope I would be looking at the big men 4 stars from next years class who may be eligible for reclass. They are not as likely to require gobs of playing time and are more than likely going to come back after next year. The problem with this years roster is that anyone who can make it substantially better is going to be looking at the roster and saying where is my 30 minutes of playing time coming from. If he is “The” guy and can show right off the bat, he is “The Dude” you can illustrate where that playing time might come. But many of these kids don’t want resistance along the way. They want that guarantee.

If he is old for his class, almost sure he will be eligible. If I was Pope I would be looking at the big men 4 stars from next years class who may be eligible for reclass. They are not as likely to require gobs of playing time and are more than likely going to come back after next year. The problem with this years roster is that anyone who can make it substantially better is going to be looking at the roster and saying where is my 30 minutes of playing time coming from. If he is “The” guy and can show right off the bat, he is “The Dude” you can illustrate where that playing time might come. But many of these kids don’t want resistance along the way. They want that guarantee.
Pope has mentioned that he could potentially bring in someone who is willing to redshirt, a project maybe.

Reactions: NerlensCat
Think it was Jack Pilgrim? that hung out with the team this weekend. Had high praise for Nick Robinson and also said from what he could tell Butler and Carr stood out as the potential leaders on the team with the way they carried themselves.

All 12 will play imo.

At least 10 deep and that would leave out Perry and Noah. Although I expect both to have year 2-4 impact

I think they’ll play as well. Now likely not as much for sure, but I think they’ll be given their chances. Can even see some games with either/or getting quality minutes depending the matchup.

Zero chance Pope doesn’t allow the two KY kids to see the court.

Let them make mistakes. No othet way to learn really. Pope said you make mistakes in practice a nd fix them in pra tice. What a concept.

Every preseason becomes abuzz with the possibility of having a 10+ deep team of potential starters.

What happens practically every season but 2015 is that we end up with a clear hierarchy of ability with some players being not nearly as good as optimistic prognostications.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT