ADVERTISEMENT

11 Losses at the very least...

And smoked by the one NCAA tournament quality team we played who were playing their first game together, UNC gonna beat us down as well as Kansas.

Can’t wait to see the bull crap the sunshine pumpers will spew after those 2 teams drop us.
or is it, that you hope UK loses so you can go off on the spew the sunshine pumpers will bring?

I honestly don’t care how many losses this team has, or where it’s seeded. No world beaters this year in college basketball.

When you are a bad shooting team, you can lose to a 15 seed or beat a 1 seed if you make a few.

If this team makes shots in March, it will go a long way irregardless of what we get from Nick and EJ. I assume those two will be hit or miss all year. We have the guards to do it.

If Hagans, Maxey and Quickley go 2-17 from deep, they will be done.

There’s really no in between.

30-7 is very good , an Elite 8 can be GREAT or it can disappointing . All depends on the year and the type draw you get . But if getting to Elite 8's is the new benchmark for Kentucky basketball then times sure are a changing -- for the worse . And I'm pretty sure Tyler or PJ isnt walking thru that door .
What's funny about that remark is Tyler and PJ is who the OP was bitching about...lol

We dont look good right now, but neither does anyone else. Still a lot of ball left to be played. Win or lose, I dont want to see anymore halfassed effort like we saw v Utqh and GT.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
1944, 1946 and 1950 would all have been elite 8 years had UK gone to the NCAA. That puts the total to 41. I don't know if you realize but the NIT was the equivalent of the NCAA up until the early 50s.
I do realize but to compare apples to apples you can’t include years where you had to win 1 or no games to make it to final 8. The modern tournament came in 1985 and I even included the 32 team years earlier. But Elite 8s dont happens every year and never have. Roughly 50% not more often than not as you claimed when trying to discredit the accomplishment.

Not all elite 8 seasons are created equally. Anyone who can be objective and put their agendas and opinions aside can see that.

Note how the subject has changed from "we're going to lose 11 games" and "we look like a bad AAU team" to whether or not being ranked in the top 10, being a 2 seed and losing in OT in the EE game are bad or good. Moving goalposts half way down the field.

So you want to take in the entire history of the NCAA Tournament, including when it only had 8 teams in the field, to assess the value in making the EE? That seems reasonable.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say there but it seems sarcastic so I'll assume it you disagree. Either way, up until about a year or two ago we were making fun of Kansas for always being an elite eight team but we suddenly changed our tone for some reason.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say there but it seems sarcastic so I'll assume it you disagree. Either way, up until about a year or two ago we were making fun of Kansas for always being an elite eight team but we suddenly changed our tone for some reason.
What I remember us making fun of Kansas about had nothing to do with a particular point in the tournament, but rather all the times they were high seeded and yet fell to some team no one knew. As in: Bradley, Northern Iowa, Bucknell, etc. I know of at least 5 times Kansas/Self has lost to a team seeded at least 8 spots lower than the JayHawks. How many times has Cal lost to a team seeded 8 spots lower than UK since he's been here? Zero.

That's why we make fun of Kansas. I didn't make fun of Kansas for losing to Oregon in the EE a couple of years ago. Because it wasn't noteworthy, that's how a single elimination tournament works.

11 is certainly possible. Right now you have to expect us to lose to UNC, Louisville and Kansas. And it's easy to see 5 to 6 losses in the SEC right now.

Last edited:
that sounds about right. Loss to Louisville will put at as 4 and 7 sec losses could be 9. Until we get some valid bigs we are toast. Richards and Montgomery are dead weight. When they are on the floor we are really only playing with 3

I do realize but to compare apples to apples you can’t include years where you had to win 1 or no games to make it to final 8. The modern tournament came in 1985 and I even included the 32 team years earlier. But Elite 8s dont happens every year and never have. Roughly 50% not more often than not as you claimed when trying to discredit the accomplishment.

Not all elite 8 seasons are created equally. Anyone who can be objective and put their agendas and opinions aside can see that.

Agree.

UK got to the EE last year without facing a Power 5 team. As soon as they did, they lost. Good point.

Agree.

UK got to the EE last year without facing a Power 5 team. As soon as they did, they lost. Good point.
Why is a power 5 team meaningful to you. Would you not agree Houston would’ve beat all but a handful of power 5 teams last season. Why exactly is an 11 loss power 5 team held in higher esteem than a 3-6 loss non power 5? It’s not, except in your eyes apparently. Why are you using that as your gauge? Oh because it fits your agenda the past three seasons, got it. Would it be a better win to beat a 7 seed power 5 team or a 1-3 seed non power 5? That should show you the ignorance of using that as a metric.

Sad thing is you used to be a quality poster. Now you have such a distaste for Cal and the one and done, it’s sad. Clouds your judgement on reality.

Reactions: ConRay9
Why is a power 5 team meaningful to you. Would you not agree Houston would’ve beat all but a handful of power 5 teams last season. Why exactly is an 11 loss power 5 team held in higher esteem than a 3-6 loss non power 5? It’s not, except in your eyes apparently. Why are you using that as your gauge? Oh because it fits your agenda the past three seasons, got it. Would it be a better win to beat a 7 seed power 5 team or a 1-3 seed non power 5? That should show you the ignorance of using that as a metric.

Sad thing is you used to be a quality poster. Now you have such a distaste for Cal and the one and done, it’s sad. Clouds your judgement on reality.

The power 5 doesn’t really mean much in college basketball. I don’t know why this consistently gets brought up.

A team’s seed line is much more important than what conference they’re from. That should go without saying. I can’t believe I had to type that out.

Historically Cal performs extremely well in terms of the seed line of teams he faces. This is an objective fact. The power 5 thing is just an agenda—a poor one at that.

Reactions: $Z71$
I could see us losing 10 AT THIS POINT , I trust Cal to make them better , but this team just isnt that talented . Some guys need to do a 180 if they really want to earn an NBA shot . They look like its just going to be given to them . Its not.

The power 5 doesn’t really mean much in college basketball. I don’t know why this consistently gets brought up.

A team’s seed line is much more important than what conference they’re from. That should go without saying. I can’t believe I had to type that out.

Historically Cal performs extremely well in terms of the seed line of teams he faces. This is an objective fact. The power 5 thing is just an agenda—a poor one at that.

In basketball it is the power five plus the Big East. Name the last national champion to not be in the power five or the Big East? It is a fact that you're going to have to play the power five or the Big East deep in the tournament. 1990 was the last champion not from one of those two. 1977 before that. UCONN was in the American in 14 but had just left the Big East.

In basketball it is the power five plus the Big East. Name the last national champion to not be in the power five or the Big East? It is a fact that you're going to have to play the power five or the Big East deep in the tournament. 1990 was the last champion not from one of those two. 1977 before that.
Ya and that 1990 team team was lethal

In basketball it is the power five plus the Big East. Name the last national champion to not be in the power five or the Big East? It is a fact that you're going to have to play the power five or the Big East deep in the tournament. 1990 was the last champion not from one of those two. 1977 before that.

We’re not talking strictly national champions. Plenty of teams outside of the power 5 have made the final four in this decade alone. A 3 seed Houston team is no less impressive than a 3 seed Syracuse team. Why? Because they’re the SAME SEED.

Losses occur more frequently against power 5 teams as well because of basic percentages. There’s more of them past the first round than non power teams. It’s a lazy argument.

Wichita
Butler
Butler
Loyola
VA Commonwealth

The truth doesn't require hard work.
2-5 in final four.

UConn was in the American. 4-5. The truth just requires better work, I guess.

When you normally talk about college basketball, do you only strictly talk about teams that win the national championship? Or do you talk about the teams that are good?

The power 5 and the big east win the national championship over and and over again because it’s the same 10 teams that do it over and over again. Not because all 60+ of them are always better than all other teams. Not sure why that’s hard to understand.

We are 1 win away over lil bruda Saturday to be all fat and happy again. Step back from the ledge BBN brethren, this too shall pass.
Shot selection needs to improve -it beat us against tOSU down the stretch.
Nick and EJ need the ball more. Shots will start to fall eventually if good shots are taken.
This is a second weekend team when it's all said and done. Very down year for all CBB

UConn was in the American. 4-5. The truth just requires better work, I guess.

When you normally talk about college basketball, do you only strictly talk about teams that win the national championship? Or do you talk about the teams that are good?

The power 5 and the big east win the national championship over and and over again because it’s the same 10 teams that do it over and over again. Not because all 60+ of them are always better than all other teams. Not sure why that’s hard to understand.

.Since we are playing fact checker.

Virginia
Villanova
UNC
Duke
UCONN
Louisville
Kentucky
Kansas
Florida
Syracuse
Maryland
Michigan State
Arizona
UCLA
Arkansas

I guess that is the ten. That is since 1994.

UK is 1 and 4 against Power 5 since 2016. One of those teams won a title.

UCONN built their team in the Big East.

.Since we are playing fact checker.

Virginia
Villanova
UNC
Duke
UCONN
Louisville
Kentucky
Kansas
Florida
Syracuse
Maryland
Michigan State
Arizona
UCLA
Arkansas

I guess that is the ten. That is since 1994.

UK is 1 and 4 against Power 5 since 2016. One of those teams won a title.

UCONN built their team in the Big East.

If you don’t want to count UConn for whatever reason that’s on you. They weren’t in the power 5 or big East. When dealing with objective facts you don’t get to cherry pick the stats that make your argument look good, sorry.

10 of those programs you listed have won the championship more than once. In the last 40 years 12 teams have won their first championship ever. This indicates that the majority of the time it’s established programs that win it. Most of those 12 have become established programs as well.

Do you really think a team like Minnesota is more likely to win a championship than any other program outside of the power 5 and Big East? If Cal had gone 4-1 against P5 instead but the wins were against Oregon State, Iowa, Minnesota, and Rutgers would that ease your worries?

UNC and Indiana are part of those four losses, and both were the better team. The vast majority of the time Cal beats the teams he’s supposed to beat, and his record tapers off a bit against better teams. Is that supposed to be surprising statistic?

At the very least, data strongly suggests that Cal outperforms expectations in March.

http://barttorvik.com/cgi-bin/ncaat.cgi?type=coach&sort=1&yrlow=2000&yrhigh=2018

The argument you keep making is that Cal struggles against the power-5 and Big East, when in reality Cal lost to two teams that he probably should have beaten, and lost to two teams he probably shouldn’t have beaten. Doesn’t sound so dramatic saying it like that though, does it?

Sorry guys and girls. Didn’t know I was on the I hate UK thread. I’ll leave now, because I don’t want to spoil your fun. Just so you know I love Cal, our team and UK. Why don’t you consider moving along and pick another fan base and team to hate on. Most of the real BBNM’s stand by our kids and Cal. They post their observations and criticism but not in a hateful way. Most of you hate Cal and our team and you’ve made that very clear since Saturday’s loss. I feel sorry for your kids if you hold them to the same standards. You’ll need to start looking for a therapist, because they will need one dealing with your mental health issues.

I have serious mental health issues, but some of you really need to see a therapist. Your kids will love you for it, I promise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT