ADVERTISEMENT

"#10" FSU loses to GT

Preseason rankings are nothing but popularity contests.

I thought this was a real possibility. Brent Key is a good coach, he mending fences in the state of Georgia with the HS coaches and recruiting really well. FSU got away with depending on the portal in 23, but looks like it may have bit them this year. Looks like Tech could be a threat for the ACC title. I really like their QB.

I’m not sure too many people had them as a serious championship threat anyway, but FSU didn’t look good today and deserved to lose. Tech completely bullied them in the running game, and Uiagalelei still isn’t an elite QB despite the recruiting hype he once had.

I thought this was a real possibility. Brent Key is a good coach, he mending fences in the state of Georgia with the HS coaches and recruiting really well. FSU got away with depending on the portal in 23, but looks like it may have bit them this year. Looks like Tech could be a threat for the ACC title. I really like their QB.
Really could see this coming, I picked Tech. Norland's must hate playing GA teams, UGA slaughtered him last year, Tech got him today. Too bad.

Reactions: TM2013
I thought both teams executed pretty well for the first game of the season. FSU's D
definitely isn't top 10. I thought if they had won they should probably drop to the 12-15
range in the polls but since they lost they should drop to about 20 range. ESPN talking
heads pimping them to still make the playoff. They've got what looks like a pretty
easy schedule so they've got that going for them.

If you look at his stats, they're not horrible. Good completion %, almost 200 yards, no ints. But, he's just 'meh'. And, other than a few shining moments here and there throughout his career, he's pretty much always been 'meh, and, at times, plain dreadful. Another one of the 'can't miss', 5*, all-world guys that just didn't cut it at the next level. He's got all the measurables, doesn't seem like he's a brickhead but just can't seem to put it all together for a complete game/season.

Really could see this coming, I picked Tech. Norland's must hate playing GA teams, UGA slaughtered him last year, Tech got him today. Too bad.

That QB is the real deal, he gave us fits with his running, Key is getting to play with confidence. They already hurt some feelings this season and will likely hurt some more before the end.

This is a prime example of why I want our biggest baddest opponents early, and one of them the first game. Especially now in the era of transfer.

The best shot you got to beat a big dog is early. They all always at least struggle, so you get a moral victory good showing, and sometimes you might just get a dub.

UGA, Bama, among others had close calls last year against way inferior opponents. FSU comes out and poops this year.

Now you throw in the fact that the big dogs are most likely to have the most turnover and at key positions...early season they're still working things out. Whereas a Gtech probably has a little bit more continuity and familiarity amongst players.

Also, this opens the door for UL and NC ST...AHC Joker could be battling the Cards for a conference title and play off birth.

Wild shit.

Preseason rankings are nothing but popularity contests.
Yes, that's true. No way is Florida State a top ten team and their coach knew it. Going for two on the first score o the game shows he knew he was not going to score many points, or that his defense was weak. Turns out both were true. But they will still be ranked high. There should be no rankings the first two or three games of the season, but it will never happen.

That QB is the real deal, he gave us fits with his running, Key is getting to play with confidence. They already hurt some feelings this season and will likely hurt some more before the end.
We had discussed this earlier on a recruiting thread, I noticed more and more GA Tech mention with guys UK was after. You mentioned how Key had reestablished communication with GA HS coaches, I think it's starting to show. Let's see where they go from here. I like Key, QB's a dandy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT