ADVERTISEMENT

🥶 Physical Mentality 🥶

1_Cool_CAT

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2008
London, KY
I must apologize for some of my posts last night. I though I was handling the loss better than I thought I would, but DAMN, after a few drinks throughout the day & thinking of how we just kept throwing it away all game long, it finally hit me I guess 😆. Truly sorry HOB.

My biggest concern for the offense is particularly in one area. One thing just sticks out, something is Missing in that area that we had.

Under Mark Stoops at UK, late game situation, 1st & goal with a minute left on the clock, it has been ball game over, seal it up, done deal.

Snell & CRod behind the Big Blue Wall needing just 10 yards in a power situation on the field, we seen it over & over.. Hell, it’s not even a issue or problem. We will pound you.. It’s been one of the main reasons in building our success.

I get it, Offense is different with the scheme, but in THAT situation & 3rd & short situations, we have to still have an element of power & physicality to be successful in those situations. It’s the difference of the SEC to the other major conferences. They can out scheme you with elite playmakers & still be physical in those situations. It’s why the SEC separates itself above the rest.

Some will say that’s just old school mentality & get with the times. But you still have got to have the ability to be physical in those situations. Bama has lost that edge in those situations, it has hurt them in situations already this year..

In those situations, we can’t get too cute, when all we need is a little more brute.

I’ll end here, if you were told going into the Ole Miss game that it would be 1st & goal with one-minute left on the clock, with CRod back in his first game & behind the Big Blue Wall to win the game?

Most UK fans would have said, hell yeah, ballgame over. We will pound the ball down your throat, no problem, no issue, because we have seen it over & over & over.. I still thought we were going to do that & win the damn ballgame…

Is it scheme & play calling? is it no trust in the young Big Blue Wall to get the job done? Or a little of both at this point?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News