ADVERTISEMENT

đź‘Ť ,đź‘Ž

wildcatglenn

All-SEC
Mar 8, 2005
USA
đź‘Ž
1. The secondary. I think this has more to do with philosophy. White/ Stoops loves to sit back in that soft zone.
2. Non use of the TE. We've been told again how talented and deep the TE room is, but the position only had 1 catch with a fee targets.
3. Lack of intensity and preparedness. This seams to be a problem yr after yr. The 1st game is sloppy with very little killer instinct.
đź‘Ť
1. Ray Davis. He's gonna be a stud for us
2. The Dline. After a sloppy start, they got after it. One of the best in the SEC.
3. We have a kicker!!!!!

Reactions: K86
đź‘Ž
1. The secondary. I think this has more to do with philosophy. White/ Stoops loves to sit back in that soft zone.
While it can be frustrating at times, we’ve played this way for 10 years and the defense has been historically good by UK standards. It may not be to your personal taste but it would be hard to argue that it’s not working.

đź‘Ž
2. Non use of the TE. We've been told again how talented and deep the TE room is, but the position only had 1 catch with a fee targets.
3. Lack of intensity and preparedness. This seams to be a problem yr after yr. The 1st game is sloppy with very little killer instinct.
đź‘Ť
1. Ray Davis. He's gonna be a stud for us
2. The Dline. After a sloppy start, they got after it. One of the best in the SEC.
3. We have a kicker!!!!!
TE had 4 targets, one catch. Would think 4 targets for the TE will be the norm. If you're throwing to the TE you're not throwing to T Robinson, Key and Brown.

I was frustrated as hell by the defense yesterday, but part of me feels like Brad White was experimenting with personnel in an "easy" game setting. Players also seemed to want to go for the big hit instead of the sure tackle and some took poor angles. I'll chalk it up to first game whatevers.

We'll see a marked improvement come the SEC gauntlet.

Reactions: gojvc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT