ADVERTISEMENT

“UK In Great Position To Land Top Guard”

Random UK Fan

Sophomore
Dec 10, 2018
Not able to get very excited about our recruiting anymore, but for those that are, here;

Just looking for a bright spot.

7Who.gif

With recruiting, we are now in a situation where genie is out of the bottle and there's no putting him back in. I do not get excited about recruiting anymore because I just expect to get highly rated recruits. It has become the norm. I wish they played better for sure.

But I can tell you this for a FACT. As long as Duke, Kansas and UNC keep pulling in 5 stars, our fanbase will not accept anything less than 5 stars for ourselves and it doesn't matter who the coach is.

You could give Cal his current 7 all stars, and he wouldn’t even know what to do with them now.
5 NBA picks and a 1st or 2nd Team AA and we are 8-5 in the SEC. He knows what to do with - let them live large in the Lodge, let them collect big NIL $$$, promise and play them minutes at the expense of the team, protect their egos and say I like my team and we are built for March. Then tell everyone that SEC Tournament doesn’t matter and lose first game and go to NCAA Tournament and lose first weekend. Go to NBA draft and prance around and talk about how many billions in player salaries he has achieved. Yup, I think he knows exactly what to do with them.

Apologies, Wewant9. I know the correct point you were making and I bastardize your point with my rant.

5 NBA picks and a 1st or 2nd Team AA and we are 8-5 in the SEC. He knows what to do with - let them live large in the Lodge, let them collect big NIL $$$, promise and play them minutes at the expense of the team, protect their egos and say I like my team and we are built for March. Then tell everyone that SEC Tournament doesn’t matter and lose first game and go to NCAA Tournament and lose first weekend. Go to NBA draft and prance around and talk about how many billions in player salaries he has achieved. Yup, I think he knows exactly what to do with them.

Apologies, Wewant9. I know the correct point you were making and I bastardize your point with my rant.
All good, we’re all pissed off about it.

With recruiting, we are now in a situation where genie is out of the bottle and there's no putting him back in. I do not get excited about recruiting anymore because I just expect to get highly rated recruits. It has become the norm. I wish they played better for sure.

But I can tell you this for a FACT. As long as Duke, Kansas and UNC keep pulling in 5 stars, our fanbase will not accept anything less than 5 stars for ourselves and it doesn't matter who the coach is.
Should we expect less than 5 stars? Not seeing the issue here…

He's my favorite player in the class and his Dad played football here. He is a STUD.

But with the way Cal has treated Kentucky kids, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to UNC as much as it PAINS ME to say that.

I just have NO faith in Cal anymore. SAD

It's hard to get excited about recruiting under Cal because it hasn't done us no good at all to the land the best of the best. Cal has underachieved with all the talent he has had!

Reactions: ukfan041

Maybe Cal needs those once in a lifetime 6 star recruit

Coaching matters more than recruits, but it seems like you keep trying to deflect from that.
Oh do I? Want to elaborate on that?

I wonder what everybody’s hero Ricky P thinks about your take? Sounds like he’d like to have some better players about right now.

Let me know when the headline reads, “UK in great position to land top Head Coach.”

There’s no 5* player I will ever get excited about again as long as Calipari is the HC. Dude is essentially robbing whoever (except for Vegas) is paying his absurd salary, and robbing BBN of real UK basketball!

Jasper Johnson to UK should be the minimum. Cal needs to land Peterson, Dybantsa, Thomas, Johnson, Wilson, Acuff, and get about half of them to reclass to '24 to even stand a chance of winning 25+ the next two seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT