ADVERTISEMENT

“N.Fla coach thinks he knows the key to the Cats’ future success”

Thing is, we say these things every year, then, sometime around January-ish, our teams usually click defensively. All the sudden, our guys know how to defend the dribble drive. Well, why didn't they know how to do that in November after 4 months of practice?

Problem is, this just shouldn't be the case, especially when we have those summer games. There is no reason to be so far behind at the beginning of every season.

It’s almost like Cal uses actual games as practice to find out what he has. But that's so screwed up. He should know his team enough by November 15th to know what he has.

The lineups he played in the Michigan State game made me think he had mental issues. Very few lineups made sense and he left Collins in way too long. The guy is scared of his own shadow. Livingston made 1 mistake and was out. It simply makes no sense.

Livingston is tougher, he’s a better rebounder, better defender, a better shooter and a better scorer, but Cal sacrificed a win to make a really dumb point. Livingston is only one example of his hard headedness in that game.

Don't even get me started on the Gonzaga game.
I agree 100%. I felt the exact same way. Collins played entirely too much. His rotations were mind boggling. It’s probably the biggest reason we took that L. I kept asking my wife, “what in the fvck is Cal doing?!” Almost like he’s trying to throw games.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
That’s hilarious. All summer long all everyone said was that CJ was an elite defender, now he sucks.

So, because he’s not as good defensively, Cal pulls him and puts a guy in that can’t shoot and again, we labor to score.

Teach your shooters how to play defense, or freaking design a defense that they can be successful in. It’s that simple.

You have to score in todays game.
One of the many frustrating things about Calipari
Will not adapt to what he has..we have the makings of a damn good team, if only the Coach would play to their strengths

Will not adapt to what he has..we have the makings of a damn good team, if only the Coach would play to their strengths
Cal's two greatest weaknesses are his arrogance and his stubbornness. That is a bad combination for anyone in a position of power to possess.

Cal's two greatest weaknesses are his arrogance and his stubbornness. That is a bad combination for anyone in a position of power to possess.
And that is true since time began
But over and over the lesson does not get learned

I guess we should be glad Calipari is just a basketball coach

They'll put it together, come in 2nd or third in the SEC, lose before the SECT game, then be gone before the elite 8. Cal fans already have their excuses ready I'm sure.

The talent is there, I see so many posters already saying we only have 2 good players, but that's not true at all. We have as much, or more talent than anyone, it's just not being coached. They are so far behind that we look like crap.

But you watch, we'll get to the tournament and we'll play so tight that shots won't fall, good free throw shooters will miss and we'll struggle to do anything offensively.

Look at our NCAAT losses. We usually play okay when we're supposed to lose, but when we're expected to win, we play tight and not to lose.

2010 vs Wva, I didn't even recognize that team.

2011 vs UConn, couldn’t hit anything, but alao, Higgins was doing the game.

2014 again vs UConn, we were underdogs in every game up until that point, but against UConn, we looked scared and extremely tight.

2015, we, again, played not to lose and made really dumb mistakes at the end. Wisconsin wanted it more.

2016, Murray and Ulis were nothing like the guys we watched all season.

2017, Higgins'd again, we had the dogs and they played well.

2018, seriously, Bruce Weber and K-state? They didn't even have to play their best player, we just stunk, because we played tight and again, couldn't shoot or score. Missed a ton of free throws.

2019, had the lead, then played not to lose, couldn’t make shots and again, choked at the ft line. Should have won the game in regulation. Then, we turned the ball over a million times.

Then there was last year. It’s a common theme with Cal's teams and it's getting worse, because now, even mid-major teams feel like they can step on the court and beat us. All of our past failures are right there on film and Cal isn't changing anything. You have to score the ball in todays game, but Cal puts non scorers on the court, because they defend better.

Our only hope is that Oscar can AD us to a title and maybe get somebody that steps up, like Lamb did.

Lamb and Booker seemed to shoot just fine under Cal lol
False. Booker and herro, probably the most talented shooters Cal has had, both sucked while playing at Kentucky. Now they’re two of the best shooters in the world. Cal also didn’t know how to utilize wiltjer, mulder, juzang, baker, just to name a few.

Reactions: cathouse
False. Booker and herro, probably the most talented shooters Cal has had, both sucked while playing at Kentucky. Now they’re two of the best shooters in the world. Cal also didn’t know how to utilize wiltjer, mulder, juzang, baker, just to name a few.

lol sure. Lamb shot 48% from 3 in his 2 years at UK.
Booker shot 41% from 3.

Now we are just making shit up

They'll put it together, come in 2nd or third in the SEC, lose before the SECT game, then be gone before the elite 8. Cal fans already have their excuses ready I'm sure.

The talent is there, I see so many posters already saying we only have 2 good players, but that's not true at all. We have as much, or more talent than anyone, it's just not being coached. They are so far behind that we look like crap.

But you watch, we'll get to the tournament and we'll play so tight that shots won't fall, good free throw shooters will miss and we'll struggle to do anything offensively.

Look at our NCAAT losses. We usually play okay when we're supposed to lose, but when we're expected to win, we play tight and not to lose.

2010 vs Wva, I didn't even recognize that team.

2011 vs UConn, couldn’t hit anything, but alao, Higgins was doing the game.

2014 again vs UConn, we were underdogs in every game up until that point, but against UConn, we looked scared and extremely tight.

2015, we, again, played not to lose and made really dumb mistakes at the end. Wisconsin wanted it more.

2016, Murray and Ulis were nothing like the guys we watched all season.

2017, Higgins'd again, we had the dogs and they played well.

2018, seriously, Bruce Weber and K-state? They didn't even have to play their best player, we just stunk, because we played tight and again, couldn't shoot or score. Missed a ton of free throws.

2019, had the lead, then played not to lose, couldn’t make shots and again, choked at the ft line. Should have won the game in regulation. Then, we turned the ball over a million times.

Then there was last year. It’s a common theme with Cal's teams and it's getting worse, because now, even mid-major teams feel like they can step on the court and beat us. All of our past failures are right there on film and Cal isn't changing anything. You have to score the ball in todays game, but Cal puts non scorers on the court, because they defend better.

Our only hope is that Oscar can AD us to a title and maybe get somebody that steps up, like Lamb did.
Excellent post and spot on

lol sure. Lamb shot 48% from 3 in his 2 years at UK.
Booker shot 41% from 3.

Now we are just making shit up
Lamb and Monk are the only ones that hit when all the marbles were on the table.

Monk did it for 1 game.

Knight and Aaron did it, but only in games where UK was the underdog. They played loose eith nothing to lose.

It’s funny how you bring up Booker though, he was great in November and December, but faded hard after that. He was a nothing burger in the NCAAT.

I'm not shitting on Booker, to me, the problem is the coaching staff putting so much negative pressure on our players. It seems to really affect our shooters in big games.

I'm sure you'll disagree with me, even though the proof is right there in front of you.

Lamb and Monk are the only ones that hit when all the marbles were on the table.

Monk did it for 1 game.

Knight and Aaron did it, but only in games where UK was the underdog. They played loose eith nothing to lose.

It’s funny how you bring up Booker though, he was great in November and December, but faded hard after that. He was a nothing burger in the NCAAT.

I'm not shitting on Booker, to me, the problem is the coaching staff putting so much negative pressure on our players. It seems to really affect our shooters in big games.

I'm sure you'll disagree with me, even though the proof is right there in front of you.

The problem is it's really picking and choosing. Harrison didn't seem to have a problem knocking down clutch shot after clutch shot in 14. Brandon Knight did the same in 2011. It's not as if we haven't had a fair share of buzzer beaters ourselves here.

Yeah to me it's basically just some players make shots when they have to and others do not. Some players do well under pressure and others do not. I think it's hard to say well they didn't make the shot because the coaching staff put too much pressure on them to make the shot. Cause it's like I said we have HAD moments where we did indeed knock down the big shot.

Plus dude literally said Booker and Lamb sucked. Sure Booker had a bad stretch but to say he sucked and Lamb sucked......I mean you don't honestly believe that.

The problem is it's really picking and choosing. Harrison didn't seem to have a problem knocking down clutch shot after clutch shot in 14. Brandon Knight did the same in 2011. It's not as if we haven't had a fair share of buzzer beaters ourselves here.

Yeah to me it's basically just some players make shots when they have to and others do not. Some players do well under pressure and others do not. I think it's hard to say well they didn't make the shot because the coaching staff put too much pressure on them to make the shot. Cause it's like I said we have HAD moments where we did indeed knock down the big shot.

Plus dude literally said Booker and Lamb sucked. Sure Booker had a bad stretch but to say he sucked and Lamb sucked......I mean you don't honestly believe that.
You have to read the details of what I said.

Aaron Harrison and Knight hit shots when UK was expected to lose, but the second UK was the favorite, they did little to nothing.

When you're an 8 seed playing the overall 1 seed, you're playing with a different mindset than you would if you're the one that's expected to win.

Look how poorly UK shoots the ball, under Cal, in the NCAAT, when UK is expected to win. It's night and day.

Cal has these guys breathing out of the wrong eyelid or something, our guys play extremely tight in big games way too often under Cal. They are tight from the outside, tight from 10' and extremely tight at the free throw line during NCAAT games, it's a thing and if I see it, surely Cal sees it.

I'll say this, I see good coaches manage their teams during games differently. Cal is up yelling the entire game, do you see Jay Wright, Scott Drew, Roy Williams and Mark Few doing that? Their teams play relaxed, ours don't. Why?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT