ADVERTISEMENT

“KY Basketball is Fun Again Thanks To Sheppard”

87kxrt.jpg

I think this is a too easy media take. Each of these guys have been instrumental in this revival of a legacy program. I was oohing and ahhing throughout the game as every player was assisted by his teammates on nearly every score. I was whooping and hollering on multiple defensive stops by each of our players. This is team effort for the fun we are having.

Reed is just part of the equation. This team is fun because they look like they are enjoying playing. Offense is a thing again at UK

Reactions: WildMoon
I’ve been a fan since Rupp and UK never stopped being fun.

I’ve been to every FF UK has played in since 1978.

Even the Tubby years didn’t take the fun away.

This is going to be a special team

I’m a Kentuckian by birth and a UK fan by the grace of God!!

Reactions: Rockfly78
Silly ass statement . And makes UK fans look bad honestly. DJ and Dilly and Mitchell and the SEC's 2nd or 3rd leading scorer Threeves deserves just as much credit. Shep is our best overall player and I love he is the 6th man as having that kid as bench assassin is the perfect weapon . But make no mistake DJ and Dilly have been flat out stars too and Threeves most likely SEC POY and Mitchell a 1st teamer. And dude how about Thiero ? Kid is becoming a sure fire NBA bench player with one more season after this . Love this squad but lets not act like Sheppard and guys Its the best bunch of freshman OVERALL cal has ever had and 2 elite upper classmen AND we haven't even seen 2 first round bigs and a 2nd rounder in UGO yet . Just nasty ...

Read that when Shep is in the game we are at +-17 with the stats he produces and that is in the company of Anthony Davis and Zion Williamson. He makes that much difference in the team and why he needs to be the one guy on the floor most of the time for sure. Messing with this guys minutes can literally cost us some games when the conference games hits.

I agree Reed is our best overall player, but it's a TEAM sport.

This UK team has gotten us back to that idea as oppossed to 1 or 2 athletes trying to dominate the ball as in years past.

Hope articles like this don't cause a riff, but this team feels together too much for that.

Reactions: Docpath1972
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT