ADVERTISEMENT

You predict MLB division winners

JonathanW

All-American
Jan 3, 2003
Also feel free to order each division (1st to last).

Here are my picks.

NL Central (top 4 could go in any order w/ a StL injury):
1- StL (just too much talent and depth)
2- Mil (ok, maybe it's a homer pick, but they have improved the rotation, and scoring runs hasn't been a problem, but I do realize everything has to go just right for them to make the playoffs)
3- Cin (got worse this offseason, basically exchanging Choo for Hamilton, but their rotation should keep them in contention and have a good pen too, but will they score enough)
4- Pit (it's not that they have gotten worse, I just don't think they were as good as their 94 wins last year, and I think their SP was a bit of a mirage)
5- Chi (only sure thing is Cubs in last)

NL West:
1- LA (just too many studs, if they can stay healthy, they should not only win the West but win the NL)
2- SF (maybe best coach in baseball, Hudson is a nice upgrade, and I think Morse will find his swing again)
3- Ari (solid team in all aspects, but only 1 elite player)
4- Col (pitching is looking better especially if Anderson can stay healthy)
5- SD (not sure how they finished strong, there just isn't that much talent there)

NL East:
1- Wash (should have learned from last year that it's not handed to you, but by far best team in worst NL division)
2- Atl (BJ-Up and Uggla can't be as bad as last year, but Johnson can't be as good, and Medlin's elbow is already acting up)
3- NY (losing Harvey hurts, but have Wheeler all year and chance Harvey pitches in Aug/Sept)
4- Phi (they are just old, so what do they do bring back Bobby Abreu and pring in Byrd, that is not getting younger)
5- Mia (not as bad as last year, but still not a good team)

AL East:
1- NY (hate to say it, but they have improved greatly, and clearly have the $ to fill in holes in July if they are close)
2- Bos (dispite the WS, my Sox aren't an impressive group, and will rely even more this year on youth with Middlebrooks, Bogarts & Bradley Jr)
3- Bal (SP is still a bunch of 3's, and they sent away their closer)
4- TB (mid-season they will trade Price for a king's ransom, and become a mediocre team)
5- Tor (not a bad team, but someone has to finish last)

AL Central:
1- KC (along w/ Mil in 2nd this is my biggest leap, but I think they take that next step this year in the weakest division in baseball)
2- Det (Kinsler for Fielder is a bad trade for them for the next 2-4 years, and then good for them after that, Verlander improves but Scherzer gets worse, Cabrera continues to rake, but the rest of the offense is mediocre)
3- Cle (not a bad team, just not a good one either)
4- Min (in a youth movement, could be good in 5 years, just not now)
5- Chi (rebuilding, and it may take awhile)

AL West:
1- Tex (thank you DET will be what they say all summer in Arlington)
2- Oak (good rotation, decent hitting)
3- Cal/Ana/LA (whatever the hell they call themselves now, Orange Co, Pujols & Hamilton do ok, but the pitching will not be enough)
4- Sea (could jump into 2nd or 3rd, they keep getting better and if they get Price, then they become a contender)
5- Hou (worst team in baseball, and that won't change anytime soon)

NL east: Atlanta
central: St. Louis
west: L.A.

AL east: Boston
central: Detroit
west: Oakland

NL Central St Louis
NL West Las Angeles
NL East Atlanta

AL East Tampa Bay, even with the midseason trade of Price
AL Central Detroit
AL West Texas