ADVERTISEMENT

Word is Bradshaw playing Nov 24

That's an easy one. Grady wasn't a draft candidate so Cal didn't care. Some people joke about it, but Cal legit cares about draft day and only draft day. The only benefit winning has in his eyes is it's harder to get a player drafted from a losing team. BJ Boston and Terrence Clarke were both preseason lottery picks and that team was horrible. It was reflected in the draft.

It seems Cal's new approach to avoid people seeing guys like Boston underwhelm, is to not have them play at all and sell them to NBA GM's on a "what if". They might be good is better than they're definitely bad.
We've lost our coach and gained a housemother...

Why should we be considered lucky if a player receiving a lot of free stuff from the state university to play basketball actually plays basketball here?

Because he had a serious injury and is 7'2" and a projected 1st round draft pick. Some would say, no thanks and go train for the draft and get right. AB wants to be here. We are fortunate he has that mentality.

Reactions: gharding07
Eh, these takes are so frustrating. What 5 stars have sat out injured? Please don't tell me Vanderbilt, the guy is chronically injured. No one knows the extent of Bradshaw's injury. All signs are pointing to him playing soon and meanwhile members of this board continue to act like he and Cal are trying to screw over the University.
Wonder why folks think that?

Reactions: KFuqua
Ok, I'll take this bet. How much you want to put on it? Venmo works wonders for things like this.
So are we doing flip of the coin odds- if so you’re telling me the chances are as good he doesn’t play?

Is he playing tonight? Is he practicing yet? Why didn’t Edwards comment on him practicing but went into further detail with Big Z

— it’ll continue to be later and later until something else comes up-

Reactions: NociHTTP
Eh, these takes are so frustrating. What 5 stars have sat out injured? Please don't tell me Vanderbilt, the guy is chronically injured. No one knows the extent of Bradshaw's injury. All signs are pointing to him playing soon and meanwhile members of this board continue to act like he and Cal are trying to screw over the University.
Yeah, Silly fans, wHy would Anyone React to CaliPari's bEhavior in such a way?

So are we doing flip of the coin odds- if so you’re telling me the chances are as good he doesn’t play?

Is he playing tonight? Is he practicing yet? Why didn’t Edwards comment on him practicing but went into further detail with Big Z

— it’ll continue to be later and later until something else comes up-

So then take the bet.

I'll put money on it as well, I think he definitely plays. His social media posts alone this week tells me he was just as excited about returning to the fold with all the reports going around.

So if your money is on him never playing, and you are so confident, let's put some money on it. Even odds.

Because he had a serious injury and is 7'2" and a projected 1st round draft pick. Some would say, no thanks and go train for the draft and get right. AB wants to be here. We are fortunate he has that mentality.
If he plays then we know he wants to be here. Training for the NBA at UK's expense is not the same thing. Right now all he's doing is training.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
Guys, I think Bradshaw might be playing tonight.

I got 1,000% confirmation that he participated in the full shootaround today, running all the reps with the 2nd team alongside Sheppard, Dillingham, Burkes, and Hart.

Big Z and Ugo did not participate as usual, they lift during the shootaround so are not even in the gym. If guys aren't playing, Cal always has them lift and/or get treatment during shootaround.

Bradshaw has lifted during every shootaround this season, but today was a full participant with the 2nd group, worked on the coverages, etc..

My only pause is to say I also heard he did a full workout with Antigua afterwards for an additional 20-30 minutes, which went great, but maybe they only did that because they don't anticipate him actually getting on the floor.

I want to be clear, I am not saying he is definitely playing tonight.

But this is all 1,000% confirmed as far as his participation goes.

I got 1,000% confirmation that he participated in the full shootaround today, running all the reps with the 2nd team alongside Sheppard, Dillingham, Burkes, and Hart.

Big Z and Ugo did not participate as usual, they lift during the shootaround so are not even in the gym. If guys aren't playing, Cal always has them lift and/or get treatment during shootaround.

Bradshaw has lifted during every shootaround this season, but today was a full participant with the 2nd group, worked on the coverages, etc..

My only pause is to say I also heard he did a full workout with Antigua afterwards for an additional 20-30 minutes, which went great, but maybe they only did that because they don't anticipate him actually getting on the floor.

Yeah the players are trying to convince Cal to let him have a couple of minutes tonight

The cynic in me would point out that there's not much NIL monies available to a player who's "training to get right" for the draft

Reactions: UKortho
It's not that Cal is too cautious with the players. It's that Cal allows organizations like Klutch to dictate whether players actually play for UK, even after they are on campus. Cal has been held hostage in the past, and continues to walk into the same situation again and again. Worse yet, he lies to the fans, REPEATEDLY, about it. I'm sick of it.
That can certainly be your opinion but there is absolutely no truth to it.
Ok, I'll take this bet. How much you want to put on it? Venmo works wonders for things like this.
Don't take all his money. I want some of that action too.

• Haha
Reactions: Cal-4-Three

Certainly hope he suits up, is made available and sees some court time, even if just a few minutes scattered throughout the game.

But more importantly, I hope he continues to see the floor, not some teaser from Cal and then we don't see him again until never. I doubt he (Cal) or even Klutch would do something like this (flash him for a few minutes and then never play him again), but man that Sharpe fiasco really has me (and a hoard of other fans) skeptical.

Cal ain’t gonna let him play tonight

Cal ain’t gonna let him play tonight

We will see.

But to my knowledge, Cal has never let a kid go through shootaround and actually participate in coverages, etc., for them to not play or at least be made available that night.

And if Cal wants him for Miami, he better toss him in tonight for a few possessions each half, minimum.

We'll see!

Ugo did an individual workout with John Welch right after shootaround as well. Trainer and strength coach were there to evaluate, just like they did with Bradshaw 2 weeks ago. Was told he looked good, shot it well, but they didn't push him too hard just yet.

That's what he says. Sharpe talked big stuff too. Let's wait and see if he backs up his words with actions.

Actually Sharpe never said anything, at least not publicly, after he enrolled other than saying what had been said in the months leading up to him enrolling. It was first reported in late August/early September that he was considering not playing HS and graduating at the semester break so he could enroll early.

Most fans, ones who weren't on UK message boards, weren't even aware of this happening. So no Sharpe never talked big stuff. Several people repeated things that others said that were never true in the first place. Granted, Calipari didn't do any good with the remarks he made but the kid himself remained pretty quiet.

The cynic in me would point out that there's not much NIL monies available to a player who's "training to get right" for the draft
Theoretically, I’d agree & that’s how it should be, IMO. But, Sharpe did pretty well. He got a Porsche & made over $500K, minimum. Not too bad for a cpl months on campus & never playing one second at UK. It’s pretty sickening actually & it’s a shame that we even have to speculate & worry about it.

But, the precedent has been set, so, we know it CAN happen & there will likely be questions & debates every time this type of situation presents itself, while Calipari is here. Especially, if the player is a Klutch client. But, personally, I have a better feeling about AB than I did Sharpe, although, I’m still gonna wait to believe it until I see it. I had a gut feeling, VERY early on, that Sharpe wasn’t playing. At least with AB, there’s some hope.

But, Calipari brought all the mistrust on himself, whether he knew, in advance, that Sharpe wasn’t playing, or, not. So, I don’t see how he & his fans can blame ppl for having doubts. Plus, the Terrence Clarke ordeal was also sketchy & Hami Diallo was planning on doing the same thing as Sharpe if the NBA would’ve had similar interest in him. So, it’s not like it’s a clear cut, isolated incident with no merit for not trusting Calipari & the process. I know you didn’t say otherwise, I’m just rambling.

Reactions: KFuqua
Everyone can say they had a good idea that something was going to happen in hindsight. The same as there being 50,000 say they were there when something happened when the attendance of the event says there was 20,000 in actual attendance.

Even if you did have a "gut feeling" that something might happen doesn't automatically make you right or all knowing, it means the outcome of a yes/no scenario played out the way you guessed. Another thing, what did or didn't happen with one player has zero bearing on what another will do. If you hadn't noticed people are different and have different ideas on different subjects.

We will see.

But to my knowledge, Cal has never let a kid go through shootaround and actually participate in coverages, etc., for them to not play or at least be made available that night.

And if Cal wants him for Miami, he better toss him in tonight for a few possessions each half, minimum.

We'll see!
I agree and I hope your right, but that practice rule cal has where they have to practice for multiple days seems like it will come into play. But to me he should certainly be able to give you 5-10 mins tonight

Reactions: WildcatNC
I agree and I hope your right, but that practice rule cal has where they have to practice for multiple days seems like it will come into play. But to me he should certainly be able to give you 5-10 mins tonight

I was told he practiced 5 on 5 on Wednesday and Thursday (they had Tuesday off), and he has participated in large segments of practice the 2 weeks prior also (Jack Pilgrim also confirmed this on his show), it just wasn't 5 on 5 full court stuff until this week.

10 minutes from him tonight would be awesome! Let's see. Wouldn't be surprised either way, but I went into this AM thinking he won't play, but then when confirmed that he was a full-participant in shootaorund, I changed my mind.

Theoretically, I’d agree & that’s how it should be, IMO. But, Sharpe did pretty well. He got a Porsche & made over $500K, minimum. Not too bad for a cpl months on campus & never playing one second at UK. It’s pretty sickening actually & it’s a shame that we even have to speculate & worry about it.

But, the precedent has been set, so, we know it CAN happen & there will likely be questions & debates every time this type of situation presents itself, while Calipari is here. Especially, if the player is a Klutch client. But, personally, I have a better feeling about AB than I did Sharpe, although, I’m still gonna wait to believe it until I see it. I had a gut feeling, VERY early on, that Sharpe wasn’t playing. At least with AB, there’s some hope.

But, Calipari brought all the mistrust on himself, whether he knew, in advance, that Sharpe wasn’t playing, or, not. So, I don’t see how he & his fans can blame ppl for having doubts. Plus, the Terrence Clarke ordeal was also sketchy & Hami Diallo was planning on doing the same thing as Sharpe if the NBA would’ve had similar interest in him. So, it’s not like it’s a clear cut, isolated incident with no merit for not trusting Calipari & the process. I know you didn’t say otherwise, I’m just rambling.

There is no precedent set. Sharpe was not injured. And Cal did exactly what he's always said in regard to Sharpe. He's going to be player first. And Sharpe was a mid season addition that was doubtful he would ever play that season. He did intend to play the next season until the situation changed.

Things change. Just like JQ saying now he's going to play 2 years here. I highly doubt that. But that's what's on his mind right now.

Cal has never done anything or said anything to any fan, recruit or administrator to cause anyone to doubt him.

Forget everyone else, when has Cal ever lied to you? The Kluth conspiracy stories are a made up story primarily from this one board.

Every great player from the times I've been old enough to know what a great player is has had different factions in their ear. From their family, to their coaches to their hanger ons. I played high school basketball with a Ky Mr Basketball finalist. He hated dealing with all the outside and inside distractions and that was well before the internet.

We have a great team! We have a great coach! We should be celebrating our position. I mean the royal we. I certainly am celebrating it. We really enjoyed Chicago and Toronto and would love to be able to get to Lexington more. My business has always given to UK as well as personally. We are involved with NIL this year for the first time and we are very satisfied with how it's going.

Only when I get on this forum do I learn the sky is falling. It's funny though because there's a super minority that actually believe they speak for the masses.

You hear stuff like "Cal is being held hostage by Klutch again". Like he has been before? If not Klutch it's whomever or whatever the flavor of the month is. Nothing could be further from the truth.

And I really love hearing about 'modern basketball". Especially when the team they are talking about is running stuff we ran 50 years ago. I guess Joe B was ahead of his time? The '78 team averaged about 90 points per game without a 3 point line or shot clock.

Personally, if I were as miserable about life as the CHC I sure as hell wouldn't be watching basketball. But this is their safe place. They gotta have somewhere to meet.

I was told he practiced 5 on 5 on Wednesday and Thursday (they had Tuesday off), and he has participated in large segments of practice the 2 weeks prior also (Jack Pilgrim also confirmed this on his show), it just wasn't 5 on 5 full court stuff until this week.

10 minutes from him tonight would be awesome! Let's see. Wouldn't be surprised either way, but I went into this AM thinking he won't play, but then when confirmed that he was a full-participant in shootaorund, I changed my mind.
I wish we could finally get something concrete on bigz

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
And thats fine we wont need him tonight we will v a top 10 Miami team on Tuesday. I think thats when we see him; maybe 10-15 minutes.

There is no precedent set. Sharpe was not injured. And Cal did exactly what he's always said in regard to Sharpe. He's going to be player first. And Sharpe was a mid season addition that was doubtful he would ever play that season. He did intend to play the next season until the situation changed.

Things change. Just like JQ saying now he's going to play 2 years here. I highly doubt that. But that's what's on his mind right now.

Cal has never done anything or said anything to any fan, recruit or administrator to cause anyone to doubt him.

Forget everyone else, when has Cal ever lied to you? The Kluth conspiracy stories are a made up story primarily from this one board.

Every great player from the times I've been old enough to know what a great player is has had different factions in their ear. From their family, to their coaches to their hanger ons. I played high school basketball with a Ky Mr Basketball finalist. He hated dealing with all the outside and inside distractions and that was well before the internet.

We have a great team! We have a great coach! We should be celebrating our position. I mean the royal we. I certainly am celebrating it. We really enjoyed Chicago and Toronto and would love to be able to get to Lexington more. My business has always given to UK as well as personally. We are involved with NIL this year for the first time and we are very satisfied with how it's going.

Only when I get on this forum do I learn the sky is falling. It's funny though because there's a super minority that actually believe they speak for the masses.

You hear stuff like "Cal is being held hostage by Klutch again". Like he has been before? If not Klutch it's whomever or whatever the flavor of the month is. Nothing could be further from the truth.

And I really love hearing about 'modern basketball". Especially when the team they are talking about is running stuff we ran 50 years ago. I guess Joe B was ahead of his time? The '78 team averaged about 90 points per game without a 3 point line or shot clock.

Personally, if I were as miserable about life as the CHC I sure as hell wouldn't be watching basketball. But this is their safe place. They gotta have somewhere to meet.
Cal admitted he lied about Sharpe playing to get everyone into a "panic."

Everyone can say they had a good idea that something was going to happen in hindsight. The same as there being 50,000 say they were there when something happened when the attendance of the event says there was 20,000 in actual attendance.

Even if you did have a "gut feeling" that something might happen doesn't automatically make you right or all knowing, it means the outcome of a yes/no scenario played out the way you guessed. Another thing, what did or didn't happen with one player has zero bearing on what another will do. If you hadn't noticed people are different and have different ideas on different subjects.
I never said I was all-knowing, but, I WAS right & the posts from early in the process are still there to prove it. And, I was far from the only one who thought so. It was pretty obvious unless you just didn’t want to believe it. Yeah, it was a hunch. But, it was an educated hunch based on what everyone involved was saying & previous, similar situations like I mentioned with Clarke & Diallo. And, Calipari is definitely not above such tactics. It wasn’t just a blind shot in the dark, out of nowhere, with no prior evidence to lean on. But, I do wish I had been wrong & that we had a coach who wouldn’t have allowed that bs to happen.

Like it or not, Diallo was planning to leave without ever playing here & Calipari supported it. And, yes, every one is different. But, it’s still the same coach who allowed those scenarios to play out how they did & as long as he is here there are valid reasons not to trust him & to believe it’ll always be a possibility. Just bc you, apparently, hang on every word Calipari says, doesn’t mean that ppl who saw thru the bs weren’t justified.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT