ADVERTISEMENT

Word is Bradshaw playing Nov 24

There is no precedent set. Sharpe was not injured. And Cal did exactly what he's always said in regard to Sharpe. He's going to be player first. And Sharpe was a mid season addition that was doubtful he would ever play that season. He did intend to play the next season until the situation changed.

Things change. Just like JQ saying now he's going to play 2 years here. I highly doubt that. But that's what's on his mind right now.

Cal has never done anything or said anything to any fan, recruit or administrator to cause anyone to doubt him.

Forget everyone else, when has Cal ever lied to you? The Kluth conspiracy stories are a made up story primarily from this one board.

Every great player from the times I've been old enough to know what a great player is has had different factions in their ear. From their family, to their coaches to their hanger ons. I played high school basketball with a Ky Mr Basketball finalist. He hated dealing with all the outside and inside distractions and that was well before the internet.

We have a great team! We have a great coach! We should be celebrating our position. I mean the royal we. I certainly am celebrating it. We really enjoyed Chicago and Toronto and would love to be able to get to Lexington more. My business has always given to UK as well as personally. We are involved with NIL this year for the first time and we are very satisfied with how it's going.

Only when I get on this forum do I learn the sky is falling. It's funny though because there's a super minority that actually believe they speak for the masses.

You hear stuff like "Cal is being held hostage by Klutch again". Like he has been before? If not Klutch it's whomever or whatever the flavor of the month is. Nothing could be further from the truth.

And I really love hearing about 'modern basketball". Especially when the team they are talking about is running stuff we ran 50 years ago. I guess Joe B was ahead of his time? The '78 team averaged about 90 points per game without a 3 point line or shot clock.

Personally, if I were as miserable about life as the CHC I sure as hell wouldn't be watching basketball. But this is their safe place. They gotta have somewhere to meet.
I didn’t even read past the first sentence bc nothing you say has any credibility. Calipari does no wrong in your eyes & is the greatest coach to ever grace a sideline. Until you display a shred of objectivity, you aren’t worth responding to & I regret even taking the 2 min to type this reply.

I didn’t even read past the first sentence bc nothing you say has any credibility. Calipari does no wrong in your eyes & is the greatest coach to ever grace a sideline. Until you display a shred of objectivity, you aren’t worth responding to & I regret even taking the 2 min to type this reply.
@UKBB4Ever is a worse poster than @kybassfan , and that's saying something. His posts and general basketball-related thoughts are pure trash-heap level.

Theoretically, I’d agree & that’s how it should be, IMO. But, Sharpe did pretty well. He got a Porsche & made over $500K, minimum. Not too bad for a cpl months on campus & never playing one second at UK. It’s pretty sickening actually & it’s a shame that we even have to speculate & worry about it.

But, the precedent has been set, so, we know it CAN happen & there will likely be questions & debates every time this type of situation presents itself, while Calipari is here. Especially, if the player is a Klutch client. But, personally, I have a better feeling about AB than I did Sharpe, although, I’m still gonna wait to believe it until I see it. I had a gut feeling, VERY early on, that Sharpe wasn’t playing. At least with AB, there’s some hope.

But, Calipari brought all the mistrust on himself, whether he knew, in advance, that Sharpe wasn’t playing, or, not. So, I don’t see how he & his fans can blame ppl for having doubts. Plus, the Terrence Clarke ordeal was also sketchy & Hami Diallo was planning on doing the same thing as Sharpe if the NBA would’ve had similar interest in him. So, it’s not like it’s a clear cut, isolated incident with no merit for not trusting Calipari & the process. I know you didn’t say otherwise, I’m just rambling.
I mean if a player were to state: I'm in training for the draft type scenario, not I'm going to play the coach, university and state to let them finance my training while pretending I'm doing the training for future help to the team. /mini-rant

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
I was told he practiced 5 on 5 on Wednesday and Thursday (they had Tuesday off), and he has participated in large segments of practice the 2 weeks prior also (Jack Pilgrim also confirmed this on his show), it just wasn't 5 on 5 full court stuff until this week.

10 minutes from him tonight would be awesome! Let's see. Wouldn't be surprised either way, but I went into this AM thinking he won't play, but then when confirmed that he was a full-participant in shootaorund, I changed my mind.
I hope you're right, but it's going to take me a long, long time as a fan to believe that we ever got ourselves into a position where we had a coach who didn't care enough about the team's success to ask his guy to come into the game, and when they didn't to tell them to head to the lockerroom.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
That this seems to be a yearly conversation of "will he play or won't he", tells you about the horrible state of college basketball.

Same with college football, when the best players skip bowl games.
I don't check other team's boards, just can't make myself do it. They probably talk crap about UK. But do other programs have the same issue we're having where guys are basically telling their coach when they will and will not play?

I was told he practiced 5 on 5 on Wednesday and Thursday (they had Tuesday off), and he has participated in large segments of practice the 2 weeks prior also (Jack Pilgrim also confirmed this on his show), it just wasn't 5 on 5 full court stuff until this week.

10 minutes from him tonight would be awesome! Let's see. Wouldn't be surprised either way, but I went into this AM thinking he won't play, but then when confirmed that he was a full-participant in shootaorund, I changed my mind.

Pilgrim confirmed the news you shared of AB being full participant today.

He is saying he will not play tonight though.

Just posted it on another site.

I'm giving it until the Miami game. If I don't see Bradshaw on the court, even for 5 damn minutes, I'm calling for Cal's head. Fool us once, shame on us. Fool us twice, can't get fooled again.
You are the poster child for the battered fan. You continue to straddle the fence with Cal, one day you defend him, literally the same day, "one more time and that's it."

Reactions: UKortho
You are the poster child for the battered fan. You continue to straddle the fence with Cal, one day you defend him, literally the same day, "one more time and that's it."

And you are the poster child of a dude with a strict agenda. So, fire Cal tonight over Bradshaw (who may still play) and screw whatever chance we do have at a season. That's smart.

Reactions: bookerfan66
And you are the poster child of a dude with a strict agenda. So, fire Cal tonight over Bradshaw (who may still play) and screw whatever chance we do have at a season. That's smart.
Straw man. I never said that. So, not smart.

Straw man. I never said that. So, not smart.
Heavily implied. I know how to read between the lines. I've always said I defend Cal when he earns it and criticize him when he earns it. That's called being fair. Something a lot of people have forgotten how to be.

Heavily implied. I know how to read between the lines. I've always said I defend Cal when he earns it and criticize him when he earns it. That's called being fair. Something a lot of people have forgotten how to be.
Show me where I implied that Cal should be fired tonight. I'll wait.

That Jimmy guy is the worst one by far

GIF by Tokkingheads

Reactions: RunninRichie
Show me where I implied that Cal should be fired tonight. I'll wait.
I said I'm giving until Miami and then I'm calling for Cal's head (meaning I'm sick of the drag outs) and you came back with the "one more time and that's it". That implies you think I keep giving Cal second chances. Which would also seem to imply your done with said chances. So, out side of getting rid of Cal, what's the end game of not giving him another chance? A game of tiddlywinks?

I said I'm giving until Miami and then I'm calling for Cal's head (meaning I'm sick of the drag outs) and you came back with the "one more time and that's it". That implies you think I keep giving Cal second chances. Which would also seem to imply your done with said chances. So, out side of getting rid of Cal, what's the end game of not giving him another chance? A game of tiddlywinks?
You've been saying "one more time and that's it" for weeks now. That's YOUR problem, don't project your insecurities onto me.

That's an easy one. Grady wasn't a draft candidate so Cal didn't care. Some people joke about it, but Cal legit cares about draft day and only draft day. The only benefit winning has in his eyes is it's harder to get a player drafted from a losing team. BJ Boston and Terrence Clarke were both preseason lottery picks and that team was horrible. It was reflected in the draft.

It seems Cal's new approach to avoid people seeing guys like Boston underwhelm, is to not have them play at all and sell them to NBA GM's on a "what if". They might be good is better than they're definitely bad.
Doing a Shar pay may have been the player’s decision

Again, because I believe in being fair. You apparently don't. Bradshaw not playing would absolutely be the final nail in Cal's coffin.
You think wanting Cal held accountable for lying about Sharpe, failing to get a roster that fills out all scholarships for literally YEARS, lying to the fanbase, and continuing to dodge injury news, losing to dozens of ranked teams, and flaming out in or missing the tournament entirely is being unfair? Ok pal you do you. You let this ONE THING be your last straw. I'm sure you'll be back to give Cal yet ONE MORE CHANCE no matter what he does next.

You think wanting Cal held accountable for lying about Sharpe, failing to get a roster that fills out all scholarships for literally YEARS, lying to the fanbase, and continuing to dodge injury news, losing to dozens of ranked teams, and flaming out in or missing the tournament entirely is being unfair? Ok pal you do you. You let this ONE THING be your last straw. I'm sure you'll be back to give Cal yet ONE MORE CHANCE no matter what he does next.

Unless Cal pulls out a FF/Title, he should be done. Period. I would be fine if he left at the end of the year.
As for this convo, I'm done.

Unless Cal pulls out a FF/Title, he should be done. Period. I would be fine if he left at the end of the year.
I felt we should stick with Cal for longer than I’d like to admit, but this is where I’m at now. He got what was supposed to be the best of the best with this recruiting class, some very solid returning talent, and a great transfer to boot. If he can’t win this year, I don’t think he can win any more. I know the freshmen need time to develop and God willing, we’ll have 2 seven footer’s on the team soon so I’m still very cautiously optimistic.

Would think if AB doesn't play tonight earliest we see him is 12/2. Don't see his 1st game being vs The U.

Reactions: Aike
I felt we should stick with Cal for longer than I’d like to admit, but this is where I’m at now. He got what was supposed to be the best of the best with this recruiting class, some very solid returning talent, and a great transfer to boot. If he can’t win this year, I don’t think he can win any more. I know the freshmen need time to develop and God willing, we’ll have 2 seven footer’s on the team soon so I’m still very cautiously optimistic.

Same as I feel. However, I doubt I will be done with Cal unless we fall flat on our faces again. I will have no faith in us winning another title with him though if can't get it done this year.

That said, I still trust Cal more than Mitch. I don't want Mitch hiring our next MBB HC.

Cal doesn't even believe we'll have two 7 footers. He said "hopefully 2" which means he's doubtful.

A 19 year old shouldn’t need 2 weeks of practices to play 5-10 mins. Uk is probably being too cautious again and it might cost them in a game

Cal doesn't even believe we'll have two 7 footers. He said "hopefully 2" which means he's doubtful.

I do not believe that is how he meant it- I believe he was talking in the short-term.

From what I understand, Cal is confident we will have all 3 by SEC play, Ugo maybe a bit later but it's not a concern.

I do not believe that is how he meant it- I believe he was talking in the short-term.

From what I understand, Cal is confident we will have all 3 by SEC play, Ugo maybe a bit later but it's not a concern.
Buzz baker didn’t have a good update on ivisic on the pregame show

Buzz baker didn’t have a good update on ivisic on the pregame show

Not ideal- what did he say?

Edit: I am assuming he said that they don't expect to hear about Big Z before the 45 day window ends next week, right? Because that is what I heard/expected. Think it comes in the first couple weeks of December more likely.

"Ok cal, you get a pass for Sharpe but no more" Sahivr Wheeler bails on the team in january and gets to sit on the bench and collect NIL. ''Ok cal, you get a pass for Wheeler but no more'' Aaron Bradshaw still isn't back from a foot surgery he had in july and its almost december ''Ok cal, you get a pass''....

Reactions: KFuqua
"Ok cal, you get a pass for Sharpe but no more" Sahivr Wheeler bails on the team in january and gets to sit on the bench and collect NIL. ''Ok cal, you get a pass for Wheeler but no more'' Aaron Bradshaw still isn't back from a foot surgery he had in july and its almost december ''Ok cal, you get a pass''....

They said 4-6 months at time of surgery which was about 5 months ago.

He is right on schedule.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Not ideal- what did he say?

Edit: I am assuming he said that they don't expect to hear about Big Z before the 45 day window ends next week, right? Because that is what I heard/expected. Think it comes in the first couple weeks of December more likely.
He said that, and that don’t really know when they expect to hear something

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT