ADVERTISEMENT

With Murray is UK preseason #1?

UK will be top five for sure. Number one if they beat Duke in my opinion, and even then UNC, Kansas, and Maryland make really good cases for number one. Finishing number one matters the most and this team is a contender.
Other ranked SEC teams are LSU, Vandy, and A&M making for a loaded SEC with four ranked teams. So we have a loaded non conference schedule and SEC schedule.

All I know is that other than Ben Simmons and Skal, I'm as excited about having Murray and Briscoe as any other recruits available in 2015. Can't wait to see all of our guys on the floor next year.

Think Matthews and Mulder are going to be major contributors as well.

And yet... UK is the only program to be ranked pre-season #1 2 years in a row, and fail to win a title in at least one of those years. That sort of takes the bloom off the rose of being ranked pre-season #1 to me. I'd much rather be ranked pre-season #3, and post-season #1. I would imagine that little piece of trivia doesn't get lost on rival recruiters.
You imagine wrong. That kind of thing is brought up in fanland and nowhere else.

No one on any staff on the country has the balls to sit there and say "oh sure, they have a great track record of getting lottery picks, and they go to the final four every year, but what does it matter when they're the first team in history to be preseason #1 back to back without winning a championship?"

Get out of here. That sounds like a sad UL fan or something.

When rival recruiters talk bad about Kentucky, it's "why would you go there and get under 30 mpg as a 5 star recruit?" Not a single one of them is talking down Cal's post season results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT