ADVERTISEMENT

Why would Rivals suddenly drop Travis Perry from 82 to 92?

He didn't sign with Duke. Insta Mcdonald's All-American.

Just want to point out, before Duke posters come here to play contrarian:

I did prove this theory correct, that the MCDAA will favor adding lesser rated Duke players to play in this game, above several more deserving. To me, this should be seen as one of the many "benefits" Duke seems to get. "Come to us and we will get you in essentially a celebrity game, accommodations, spotlight, etc". I'll post it again if needed.

Just want to point out, before Duke posters come here to play contrarian:

I did prove this theory correct, that the MCDAA will favor adding lesser rated Duke players to play in this game, above several more deserving. To me, this should be seen as one of the many "benefits" Duke seems to get. "Come to us and we will get you in essentially a celebrity game, accommodations, spotlight, etc". I'll post it again if needed.
Dilligham commited to UK instant 4 star.

Truth is he is a little hard to evaluate. The games in Tampa were not close and perhaps they were a step up or possibly not. The competition was certainly not intense. Plus lots of guys can shoot undefended or when it's not a close game. I am more optimistic about how he and Reed did against each other last season.

I don't really look at recruiting rankings all that much but I assume it's similar to seeding or any other ranking that people do.

I'm sure the first 5 or 10 players in each class is obvious (much like 1 and 2 seeds in the tournament). When it comes to saying whether a kid is the 82nd or 92nd best player in the class, I figure you'd have just as much success throwing darts at a dart board and picking.

I don't really look at recruiting rankings all that much but I assume it's similar to seeding or any other ranking that people do.

I'm sure the first 5 or 10 players in each class is obvious (much like 1 and 2 seeds in the tournament). When it comes to saying whether a kid is the 82nd or 92nd best player in the class, I figure you'd have just as much success throwing darts at a dart board and picking.

Right at some point kids just get grouped together. No one can seriously evaluate 1 by 1 each kid in the world vs. their peers.

It was a million years ago when I first realized that media use "artificial controversy" to drive readership. I don't know if there's a more common name for it. SI had picked Iowa to win the football title, and there was no sense in the choice. Then, the light went on. SI was counting on irate fans to tell them how wrong they were.

Ignore the slight. Intentional or unintentional or merely stupid. Travis Perry's worth hasn't changed.

I mean is he no longer the all time leading scorer in Kentucky HS basketball history?

What am I missing here?

Bunch o damn haters.
Hero,
I lived in Augusta, Ga for 22 years and regularly attended the Peach Jam. I have lived in Ft Myers for 13. years and have tied to attend most of the City of Palms classics. Based on those experiences I have concluded that one of the most important factors in the"experts" rankings of high school players is the number of "razzel dazzel gee whiz" moves the player makes during the evaluation period. If the evaluator doesn't "swallow his blowgum" a half a dozen times during the game the player's ranking drops. The Kyle Macy's , Reed Sheppards and Travis Perry's of the world who are great basketball players tallying 30 points a game with 10 assists but don't display a back handed 360% windmill dunk have their rankings lowered.

I mean is he no longer the all time leading scorer in Kentucky HS basketball history?

What am I missing here?

Bunch o damn haters.
Committed to UK, happens to all of our players. Now I like it because he plays with a Chip. I want people to think he is just a slow white country boy who is a spot up shooter.

Reactions: CatFanInIlliniLand
To the NCAA, Duke, KU, and even UNC.
Someday you will be exposed and have to answer for your sin. If it’s in this world or not I wish no mercy.

• Haha
Reactions: KAB Cats
Committed to UK, happens to all of our players. Now I like it because he plays with a Chip. I want people to think he is just a slow white country boy who is a spot up shooter.

Half this board said similar things about Reed besides the country boy part. Before my last account got permanently banned, I argued for about 10 pages on one thread with a couple well liked posters here. 😂 I even had a poster flat out tell me Reed was slow simply because he was white. They seem to love him now and always knew he would be good. 😂 🤡

• Haha
Reactions: ACT ONE
45 guys ranked in the top 100 moved 10 or more spots in the most recent rankings. Only 5 players maintained the same ranking. Seems like this is probably one of the biggest shuffles of the year.

Rivals is owned by Yahoo, yahoo hires liberals, Kentucky is conservative, nah. Really its noticeable when Kentucky signs someone, they always seem to drop some regardless of how they play.
cri;nge post is cringe.

The real reason is because the analysts believe there are 91 better players. Why doesn’t this Kentucky hate manifest when Kentucky born players are ranked higher? Who is Jasper Johnson?

Chill out dude, just having a little fun with it.

Happy Home Alone GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Since we are talking about head shakers, go to 247sports and look at basketball recruiter rankings. Duke has 4 coaches ranked in the top 13.
UK , Bama and Missouri have 0 coaches ranked. All three have 2024 incoming teams that are ranked in the top ten.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
This idiocy seemingly happens every year. I don't put any stock in the rankings and don't let crap like this bother me as a fan.

Devin Askew was the top rated point guard in his class before he reclassified.
That has to be the worst overrated recruit ever.
Perry just doesnt play for a super-duper recruited high school. He plays in the 2nd region at Lyon County. No Exposer but he should move back up after his performance these last couple weeks. He is dead-dick and isnt afraid to let it fly and he's from Kentucky. You remember Chris Lofton (Tennessee) and Scott Draud, Phil Cox and Barry Goheen that played at Vandy but from Ky. He is a better shooter and scorer than all of them and he is going to be a CAT. He's special.

Go Cats!

Reactions: mailman85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT