ADVERTISEMENT

Why Is Mitch Still Here??

LmdCat

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Mitch is as much a part of the problem as COW. He allowed COW to get away with whatever crazy stunts he decided to do. The unnecessary shots COW took at Stoops and the football program were completely unnecessary and should never have occurred without serious pushback from Mitch. Mitch is the one who got hoodwinked into giving COW that ridiculous contract. Mitch allowed COW to redefine UK basketball into a player first, one-and-done, NBA farm system that produced players who only care about themselves and CCC. If the aforementioned isn't enough for his dismissal, I am not sure what it would take.

Last edited:
I am not a Mitch fan for several reasons. But if the stories about Cal using the Arkansas negotiation to try and oust Mitch are true, I salute Mitch for standing his ground.
I agree with him standing his ground and not being bullied by CCC; however, when all said and done they both should have been tossed out on their asses.

Mitch is well respected in the profession and wins all the awards they give for that kind of stuff . I think part of it is he was tasked by Lee Todd to improve the entire athletic department, which had basically ignored the lesser sports for years. Like any athletic Director, he has made good and bad hires, and certainly has given bad contracts. Some of his extensions have worked out like the baseball coach is right now, and he just made a splash hire in women’s basketball…. and I like Drew, so maybe he gets points for that one too.

I agree, I hope he gets him. He needs that redemption IMO. Him, Oats, Billy D that would be a W. Other coaches will be good but I wanna see a home run excitement hire.
Latest is they’ve offered Hurley, if he turns it down, drew will be the coach

Reactions: Fox2monk
Mitch is still here because the UK President and Board love him. He will retire from that job regardless of what the fans want

Reactions: NociHTTP
I agree, I hope he gets him. He needs that redemption IMO. Him, Oats, Billy D that would be a W. Other coaches will be good but I wanna see a home run excitement hire.
I would love to get Oats, but I am not so certain about Danny. Danny was a bit insufferable last night.

Mitch is still here because the UK President and Board love him. He will retire from that job regardless of what the fans want
Honestly, compare him to any other athletic Director. Just regionally, compare him to Louisville’s. Compare him to Cincinnati’s who hired the coach Louisville ran off in football. It’s so hit or miss in that profession. Plus you have the money stuff , etc .

Reactions: JFCats22
I am not a Mitch fan for several reasons. But if the stories about Cal using the Arkansas negotiation to try and oust Mitch are true, I salute Mitch for standing his ground.
What else was MB going to do in that situation? Curl up in a ball and suck his thumb? That was his only choice. MB has been a huge part of the problem here. He better get the NIL situation fixed or it won’t matter who takes the job if we want to compete for National Championships.

What else was MB going to do in that situation? Curl up in a ball and suck his thumb? That was his only choice. MB has been a huge part of the problem here. He better get the NIL situation fixed or it won’t matter who takes the job if we want to compete for National Championships.
As I said, I’m not a fan of us. But him telling cal no was the right move. Let’s be honest, Mitch hasn’t made a ton of right moves. Gotta give credit where credit is due if you want to criticize on his mistakes…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT