ADVERTISEMENT

Who has more points in the UK-UT game Saturday? Knecht or Reeves?

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
For all the hoopla Knecht is getting, he's averaging less than 1 ppg more than Reeves.:rolleyes:

Image-2-2-24-at-10-11-AM.jpg

Now do their scoring in SEC games

Knecht gets 30+, Reeves will get his 18-20

Reactions: TM2013
My guess is knecht as I don’t see us holding him to under 30. Cal’s philosophy will be to let him get his and see who else can step up to help. Wouldn’t surprise me if knecht got 40+.
40+? Heck, he only had 32 against Vandy.

He will have 30+, the rest of their team will have 50+ and it will get ugly I think. Thiero is the only one who could slow him down and I really doubt he plays significant minutes. Sadly we are not the team we were before the bigs. We can't outscore teams and the defense is non existent. Look down the schedule, it won't get any better the rest of the season.

Reactions: westerncat
I love Reeves, he has been awesome. But Knecht blows him away, it's not even close. He's also a much better defender than Reeves.

In SEC games:

Reeves - 47% FG, 40% 3, 20.1 PPG, 125.1 ORtg, 109 DRtg

Knecht - 53% FG, 44% 3, 28.4 PPG, 123.1 ORtg, 98.3 DRtg

Last edited:
Reactions: Obadiah Plainman
Knecht -

Cal LOVES to give away career games to players/teams... see last game vs Florida and Clayton Jr... career 3's made in a game.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Knect will score more
they also have that guard seemingly always has a good game against UK

I love Reeves, he has been awesome. But Knecht blows him away, it's not even close. He's also a much better defender than Reeves.

In SEC games:

I agree on offense but from the games I have watched of theirs his defense sucks. Not that Reeves is great but Knecht is a terrible defender too.

I agree on offense but from the games I have watched of theirs his defense sucks. Not that Reeves is great but Knecht is a terrible defender too.
Well, the numbers say you are wrong. He's a slightly above average defender and Reeves is below average.

Not surprising because of how bad UK is but every player on UT (except Knecht) is rated higher than EVERY player on UK except for Ugo. Meaning UT's worst defender would be #2 on UK.

I hope you’re right, but the way we play D, I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets 35.

Personally, I don’t think he’s over rated. I think he’s legit. But I hope he scores 2 and cries after the game.
I loathe UT so much I cant comment in public . But its far beyond crying for anything orange related .

Still not convinced that Reeves will deal well with Tennessee's physicality and getting in his grill (although he is doing a lot better in that regard than last year). Canook 😁 likes to attack the rim and with our AAU matador defense that makes me think he will have a good day. Canook by a small margin over Reeves.

Knecht because he is their whole offense. If you watched the end of sc you see what I mean. He hit some garbage level luck shots to keep it close but still took the L.

He (Knecht) won't score more than 15 tomorrow night. Mark it. Adou is going to shut his ass down. Most of those will be free throws he gets trying to flail.
I wish this was true but Knecht will score 30 tomorrow, as long as Reeves get 24 we will win

Reactions: STL_Cat
Knecht -

Cal LOVES to give away career games to players/teams... see last game vs Florida and Clayton Jr... career 3's made in a game.
I dunno, we seem to fix guys who are shooting career lows heading into our game. They can't miss.

If the UT guards get in sync, we are in trouble no matter what we score.

Reactions: struggler
I dunno, we seem to fix guys who are shooting career lows heading into our game. They can't miss.

If the UT guards get in sync, we are in trouble no matter what we score.
Agree - and Cal - among many other defensive struggles - always struggles with small, fast guards - so look for Ziegler to have a good game too.

TBH the bit I have watched UT - Knecht and Ziegler are the bulk of their offense - but 8th year Vescovi can get hot from time to time

Agree - and Cal - among many other defensive struggles - always struggles with small, fast guards - so look for Ziegler to have a good game too.

TBH the bit I have watched UT - Knecht and Ziegler are the bulk of their offense - but 8th year Vescovi can get hot from time to time
Not true. Teams are shooting 42% from the field against us this season.

And 31% from three.

You can whine and whine but it doesn’t change the facts.

Knecht can score for sure but I’m thinking someone like Zigler or someone else lays a career night on us.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I could see us pulling off a win in this game (because UT does not have a good offense outside Knecht, and we might finally try on defense) but that won't mean much of anything in the long run. Just a bright spot in another disappointing season.

Knecht is, imo, the best player in the SEC. I believe the key to today’s game is stopping Zeigler. He makes the team go. Hopefully, Wagner will be ready to play as he is extremely important to the team functioning at a more productive level. Go Cats!

In SEC games:

Knecht is known as a horrible defender

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT