ADVERTISEMENT

Which incoming Freshmen will Cal start no matter what?

After the roster mismanagement that happened this year who ****ing knows man. I just know it will happen, and it will continue to happen when everyone that watches basketball disagrees with him.

At this point it’s a train wreck and I cannot peel my eyes away.

What happens when they can’t get a portal player because we have to wait until the end of draft and nba workouts? What happens when players don’t trust UKs NIL due to the recent bad press? What happens when Cal starts 4 freshman all season or ever again?

The list goes on and no rails Mitch tries to put in place will really help. He doesn’t know how to fix any of the issues either or he wouldn’t have kicked the can down the road another year.

it doesn’t matter who you start. Yes, you fall behind 14-2 in the first couple minutes but if you yell GO loud enough that will inevitably lead the comeback.

Honestly, he’ll say we have to get older, and stronger and that jackass will still start 3 freshman

The center. Don't think we will have any returning so freshman by default.

Idc enough to even know who the center will be. Somto?

My very fleeting hope is that Fland and Perry play quite a bit but, behind DJ and Wagner. Quantaince will start unless we get 1 or 2 bigs back.

Whoever is the top ranked prospect. Oddly this year Cal has no top 10 HS players coming in - they're all a bit higher.

I think if he can figure out a way to convince DJ and Reed to come back, and change Thiero's portal transfer decision, they will be 100% starters. And hopefully we can get a big man with experience from the portal because it looks like we're definitely losing all three, and the freshmen coming in are both projects.

Whichever one shoots about 19% from 3, 60% from a free-throw line, bounces the ball off his leg every time he tries to drive to the lane, let’s straight line drives go past him over and over, doesn’t know how to rebound or block out. Oh, and misses every wide-open layup. That guy will start and get all the minutes he wants.

The center. Don't think we will have any returning so freshman by default.

Idc enough to even know who the center will be. Somto?
I think we need a versatile big who can play with his back the basket or step out and shoot a 3.
We games I saw in Pittsburg cemented that for me.
The teams that won like NC State and Creighton have those bigs. Both teams used the post well and it was what won them games plus they played good D.
If Z were to come back, I think he COULD fit that mold. But somebody has to teach him. He's got the skill set. Our big wouldn't have be the centerpiece of the offense, it could be a really good threat if used properly.
Like most everyone else, I'm so sick of the team being mismanaged while Bozo gets his big fat paycheck.
It's damn hard to understand.

Whoever is the top ranked prospect. Oddly this year Cal has no top 10 HS players coming in - they're all a bit higher.

I think if he can figure out a way to convince DJ and Reed to come back, and change Thiero's portal transfer decision, they will be 100% starters. And hopefully we can get a big man with experience from the portal because it looks like we're definitely losing all three, and the freshmen coming in are both projects.
Uh, Quaintance is #7.

Reactions: CincinnatiWildcat
I don't think there is any one freshman that has a starting job locked down. We have a lot of good freshmen but none of them have the hype that he will definitely start from day one and will still be starting at the end of the season.

Quaintance. Here’s why, besides being a top 20 recruit, he has to play a 2nd year in college, so he will play him all he wants so he won’t get poached away next spring.

Reactions: Cut-Nets-7
What happens when they can’t get a portal player because we have to wait until the end of draft and nba workouts?
The long term solution is you can’t keep bringing in five or six freshmen every year. That way you have some roster space AND you probably have fewer guy needing time to make draft decisions. I don’t know how he fixes that this year though without giving guys a time limit to make their decision, which isn’t going to happen.

DJ sucks. Did you not notice that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT