ADVERTISEMENT

Which current or retired NCAA coach would you most like to defeat?

I imagine it will always be coach K for me . I love it that his narcissistic “farewell tour” didn’t turn out like he expected.
Got bounced by an instate rival and then that rival doesn't even make the tourney next season. And basically got hot to get to the FF.

I can't stand UNC, but man, they get a thumbs up for that one.

You are the coach of the Kentucky Wildcats. You are granted a wish that allows you to put a 50 point beating on one current or retired NCAA coach. Who would the coach be?
I would choose Digger Phelps.
Na....we beat Digger enough.

K is the answer....unless it's Wooden in 75.

Neither K or Wooden or Williams ever publically trashed UK like Knight did on several occasions, nor did they try and publically humiliate our coach on the sidelines before a game like Knight did Joe B slapping him on the head. I HATE THAT BASTARD

Reactions: otis-gip
Neither K or Wooden or Williams ever publically trashed UK like Knight did on several occasions, nor did they try and publically humiliate our coach on the sidelines before a game like Knight did Joe B slapping him on the head. I HATE THAT BASTARD
Ol Daggum did run the score up on us when he was at KU though so, refusing to call of the dogs when it was obvious we couldn't keep up that season, yeah, he can bite me too.

Wasn't that because Pitino kept up the press?
Partially. But Ol' Daggum has never been a good sporstman either. I mean it was 80-61 at halftime. Game pretty much in the bag for KU. Kansas shot 36 FTs in that game to our like 18 (guess where the game was?!?!).

The score was 150-95 at the end. KU ran up that score to the tune of SEVENTY POINTS in the second half. It was obvious we couldn't keep up. Williams was, is, and always will be AN ASS.

There's a reason I hate KU more than any other team not named Duke. This is partially why. Their coach list as long as I've been alive goes as follows, Larry Brown (sanctioned, presumed cheater), Roy Williams (cheater), and Bill Self (cheater).

I have no respect for that place. None.

Partially. But Ol' Daggum has never been a good sporstman either. I mean it was 80-61 at halftime. Game pretty much in the bag for KU. Kansas shot 36 FTs in that game to our like 18 (guess where the game was?!?!).

The score was 150-95 at the end. KU ran up that score to the tune of SEVENTY POINTS in the second half. It was obvious we couldn't keep up. Williams was, is, and always will be AN ASS
There's a reason I hate KU more than any other team not named Duke. This is partially why. Their coach list as long as I've been alive goes as follows, Larry Brown (sanctioned, presumed cheater), Roy Williams (cheater), and Bill Self (cheater).

I have no respect for that place. None.
I thought he looked over at Pitino when it was 132-95 and mouthed "What do you want me to do?" and Pitino yelled "I want you to take (Mark) Randall out of the game!" So Huckleberry did, then thought "why am I letting this &$#@ yell at me in my own place?" and put Randall back in.

Dean Smith had us down 49-19 at Freedom Hall like a week later.

Na....we beat Digger enough.

K is the answer....unless it's Wooden in 75.
In my book, there is no such thing as beating Digger enough. I would like to beat the brakes off Digger. Then rip the carnation off his lapel and stomp on it. On the way out of the gym I would punch the damn leprechuan.

Looks like Bob Knight is the most popular choice. UK was 18-15 versus Knight. The biggest win was 99-65 on 12/7/1996 in Louisville. That was during Pitino's peak years. Derek Anderson had 30 and Ron Mercer had 26.

I thought he looked over at Pitino when it was 132-95 and mouthed "What do you want me to do?" and Pitino yelled "I want you to take (Mark) Randall out of the game!" So Huckleberry did, then thought "why am I letting this &$#@ yell at me in my own place?" and put Randall back in.

Dean Smith had us down 49-19 at Freedom Hall like a week later.
I was 6 at the time so I barely remember specifics, but still you are up 37 damn points. I know we give Cal grief about not crushing teams at times, but there is a limit. Anything over 30 is just disrespectful. Especially when you're already getting the Phog whistle.

I’ll throw an obscure one out there - Kevin O‘Neil. As Marquette coach, he parlayed an NCAA tournament win over Pitino’s transition team into a head coaching gig at Tennessee and 10 years of unsuccessful coaching, finally ending in a nice analyst gig at Fox. He was pretty unlikeable.

I’ll throw an obscure one out there - Kevin O‘Neil. As Marquette coach, he parlayed an NCAA tournament win over Pitino’s transition team into a head coaching gig at Tennessee and 10 years of unsuccessful coaching, finally ending in a nice analyst gig at Fox. He was pretty unlikeable.
I had forgotten about him. He also coached Northwestern, Arizona and Southern Cal after UT.

Duke Blue Devils Slap GIF by Duke Men's Basketball

The OG floorslapper himself.

• Love
A win over Self is a win over Kansas, and could help with seeding as they will likely be in our way, at some point, in the upcoming season (plus the wins total thing, I guess).

A win over Scheyer is a win over Duke. Same reasons as above. Plus I think it's imperative that we knock Scheyer down a peg, or else he could be the next "it" coach.

In no particular order, because I have equal portions of animosity for all:
Coach K
Dean Smith
Bobby Knight
Wooden ( ok…nice guy I suppose, but I’m still stinging from that ‘75 title game)

In no particular order, because I have equal portions of animosity for all:
Coach K
Dean Smith
Bobby Knight
Wooden ( ok…nice guy I suppose, but I’m still stinging from that ‘75 title game)
75 title game was one I will never forget. That loss still stings

I thought Robert popped Joe B with an open hand. Like a smack. Joe B said he wouldn't piss down his throat if his bowels was on fire 😂.
You are correct. Memory of an old man starting to fail. BK said something like, "Go coach your mother******* team."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT