ADVERTISEMENT

When should we be nervous?

I'm the odd fan that some were mad at for saying I wasn't going to lower any standards for Pope but am also willing to give him some time with the actual roster building--he just needs to start getting elite visitors to Campus and that's beginning. He took the time to staff build and love that result to this point. Still has a spot open too.

Portal closing will give us the pool they have to recruit from--after May 1st-that's it. You won't see any other movement unless a player is released by a school for an individual reason but as far as just testing the Portal/being in it--that's it. May 1st--so then you know who you want to go after and don't rush to get someone and then miss on better options because they entered April 30th or May 1st.
I honestly hope there are some guys they are talking too that aren’t in the portal yet.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
I honestly hope there are some guys they are talking too that aren’t in the portal yet.
I'm sure that is going on too. It's '24 recruiting--there are probably guys talking about where they are going to transfer after NEXT season too. LOL

I'm just going to enjoy the ride now that they have the staff lined up and watch with everyone else.

Reactions: Fox2monk
So, last week, several people on here and the KSR crew were saying no one should panic unless we get to the end of this week without much movement. Well...we getting close to the end of the week.

While we have gotten coaches in place for the most part, we have only added 1 transfer player, 1 recruit we flipped from BYU and we got Perry to essentially recommit. While none of those are negatives, we are still a long way off from even having a team that can play 5 guys.

The 2 freshman probably shouldn't be expected to play major minutes this year if we hope to be very successful, and we have no idea of how impactful Williams will be at the P5 level.

So, when is it reasonable to start expressing concerns?

It seems every major portal player we are after is spurning us, and there aren't many HS guys we can still get even if we wanted them. The BYU guy that visited seems torn on transfering, and Robinson seems like he would like to go pro of possible.

It seems like we are struggling to get players.
The troll is strong in this one

I'm sure that is going on too. It's '24 recruiting--there are probably guys talking about where they are going to transfer after NEXT season too. LOL

I'm just going to enjoy the ride now that they have the staff lined up and watch with everyone else.
That lawsuit vs. Pop Isaac’s got dismissed today btw if you hadn’t seen. I know you weren’t considering that in your evaluation but thought it was interesting news.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
So, last week, several people on here and the KSR crew were saying no one should panic unless we get to the end of this week without much movement. Well...we getting close to the end of the week.

While we have gotten coaches in place for the most part, we have only added 1 transfer player, 1 recruit we flipped from BYU and we got Perry to essentially recommit. While none of those are negatives, we are still a long way off from even having a team that can play 5 guys.

The 2 freshman probably shouldn't be expected to play major minutes this year if we hope to be very successful, and we have no idea of how impactful Williams will be at the P5 level.

So, when is it reasonable to start expressing concerns?

It seems every major portal player we are after is spurning us, and there aren't many HS guys we can still get even if we wanted them. The BYU guy that visited seems torn on transfering, and Robinson seems like he would like to go pro of possible.

It seems like we are struggling to get players.
Not worried at all. I am confident he will have a really good roster for next year. Plus worrying doesn’t help, isn’t productive and is a waste of time. Worrying about it changes nothing.

Reactions: KentuckyMildCats

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”​

― Frank Herbert, Dune

And we just had a coaching change
And that same Coach said his phone was blowing up with guys calling him wanting to come to Kentucky. Yet he can’t find 3 guys that would be worthy of a roster spot? We know it’s not likely he gets 7-8 elite players from the portal so why not add a player or two just to show progress?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT