ADVERTISEMENT

What's up with the Smith Brothers?

No chance unless Harbaugh starts NFL interviews before Dec signing date IMO

Why are they back in KY?
I remember reading they left to get more recruiting exposure and focus on football.

As far as why they are back, I’m guessing since they are committed to Michigan and got offers from everyone they got what they wanted out of the prep school and just want to have a normal high school experience for a year.

Idk if they wanted to come here they could’ve. And the 2nd just committed to Michigan pretty recently. They prolly just wanted to move back

Smith-Bros.jpg

Oh well so they fell for the speech from the Devil himself. lol

No issue with Michigan. I see the draw. Just could not do it. I almost went to LSU so i get it.

I do find it odd. You commit to Michigan in the summer and then return to Kentucky for your last season? Wouldn’t it make much more sense to have committed to UK before returning to KY to be showered with love/support/fandom every Friday night?

I don’t think a bunch of Michigan fans are going to be at their games on Friday nights. No, I think there’s definitely some strategy here. Maybe it’s to play in front of the home fans to garner more attention and possibly bump up a UK nil offer. We will see but I have a feeling UK is NOT out of this.
Most kids don't decide where they live and go to school. If there parents live in that area and they didn't want to stay in Prep school where else they going to go. Damien played in front of them every Friday night and UK was nothing but a hat on the table.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Your scenario is nonsensical. Both committing separately to Michigan was not to increase NIL potential offers elsewhere.

Reactions: ABlueWildcat
I do find it odd. You commit to Michigan in the summer and then return to Kentucky for your last season? Wouldn’t it make much more sense to have committed to UK before returning to KY to be showered with love/support/fandom every Friday night?

I don’t think a bunch of Michigan fans are going to be at their games on Friday nights. No, I think there’s definitely some strategy here. Maybe it’s to play in front of the home fans to garner more attention and possibly bump up a UK nil offer. We will see but I have a feeling UK is NOT out of this.
Unless they were getting full financial aid at that school it may just be a decision not to pay anything for it anymore.

Reactions: UKfirst
These kids have zero intention of going to UK. Neither wants to put on the weight they feel necessary to play in a 3-4 SEC D-Line. Great kids though. They don’t live with their parents, haven’t in years. They are no doubt living with another Somerset - Corbin transfer Guy Bailey.

Anyway, I wouldn’t put too much into their move, it means nothing in terms of their recruitment.

Last edited:
These kids have zero intention of going to UK. Neither wants to put on the weight they feel necessary to play in a 3-4 SEC D-Line. Great kids though. They don’t live with their parents, haven’t in years. They are no doubt living with another Somerset - Corbin transfer Guy Bailey.

Anyway, I wouldn’t put too much into their move, it means nothing in terms of their recruitment.
Maybe, maybe not. I thought UK had zero chance. Marrow made a play and whatever it was they must have liked. They will be visiting UK tomorrow. Was supposed to be hush hush, but Nick Roush reported it. Lol

Maybe, maybe not. I thought UK had zero chance. Marrow made a play and whatever it was they must have liked. They will be visiting UK tomorrow. Was supposed to be hush hush, but Nick Roush reported it. Lol
I would go to a visit to a division 1 school and get wined and dined as well if I were 18. They are unpredictable if nothing else but I don’t think they’ll end up at UK, and IF they do they’ve already hit the high school portal 4 times so…

I would go to a visit to a division 1 school and get wined and dined as well if I were 18. They are unpredictable if nothing else but I don’t think they’ll end up at UK, and IF they do they’ve already hit the high school portal 4 times so…
Lol

Disagree. It means better access if nothing else. Doesn’t mean they’ll flip, I do concede that…but both Matt Jones & Ryan Lemond on the air today said a good chance UK flips them. They aren’t always 100%, but they’re close with Ryan’s godson being a star WR on the team & Jones having a close connection with Marrow.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Disagree. It means better access if nothing else. Doesn’t mean they’ll flip, I do concede that…but both Matt Jones & Ryan Lemond on the air today said a good chance UK flips them. They aren’t always 100%, but they’re close with Ryan’s godson being a star WR on the team & Jones having a close connection with Marrow.
There is a lot of smoke there. UK atleast has a shot now

Would like to see them flip to UK. Hearing from guys here in Corbin that have seen them practice and weight room and they both full grown men. Corbin got some great athletes but none of them can handle these 2 in practice

Reactions: childe
If Harbaugh hears this he might show his true self and turn these guys off. I have heard Saban sometimes tells his guys you go on a visit we will pull our offer!

Would like to see them flip to UK. Hearing from guys here in Corbin that have seen them practice and weight room and they both full grown men. Corbin got some great athletes but none of them can handle these 2 in practice
I would LOVE to see to see them in BLUE for a very sentimental reason that l'll share if it happens!

The report is correct

Reactions: childe
One is projected on the weak side and the other on the strong side. Both already at a good size to develop rather quickly. One is the 14th best and the other is the 24th best at his position.

Last edited:

Still standing by this KCF? I’ve seen pics in Kentucky gear. Looks like Wiltfong has picked them to flip. Any update, or still at zero intention?

Still standing by this KCF? I’ve seen pics in Kentucky gear. Looks like Wiltfong has picked them to flip. Any update, or still at zero intention?
To be honest no I’m not standing by it - I will
However say it’s on par and on brand for them to flip and in this case I couldn’t be happier if it’s true.

Listen these guys are great kids, they have a ton of talent they just (like many many kids before them and many to follow) come with a periphery that isn’t always looking out for the kids and has selfish intention. Regardless of how it happens I will be thrilled if they’re cats!

However say it’s on par and on brand for them to flip and in this case I couldn’t be happier if it’s true.

Listen these guys are great kids, they have a ton of talent they just (like many many kids before them and many to follow) come with a periphery that isn’t always looking out for the kids and has selfish intention. Regardless of how it happens I will be thrilled if they’re cats!
Me too. I just didn’t know if it was legit or not. Sure seems like Kentucky has the upper hand now. I’m not being negative toward the kids no matter what they decide. It’s a big decision & they’re young & like you say I’m sure they have people pulling them in different directions.

Corbin plays its first game this Friday night in the local Pigskin Classic. It being held at University off the Cumberland field since Corbin's field renovation project not be finished until Sept.15th. Looking forward to see them play in person

Last edited:
Looks like I not going to see them play live Friday night. KHSAA still not ruled them eligible as of today. The word I heard this morning is not likely to play tomorrow and eligibility is "iffy" at the moment

Looks like I not going to see them play live Friday night. KHSAA still not ruled them eligible as of today. The word I heard this morning is not likely to play tomorrow and eligibility is "iffy" at the moment
Fire Julian Tackett IMMEDIATELY if these kids aren’t ruled eligible by game time tomorrow!!!

This is ridiculous!!!! Most of these high profile KY high school football programs outright recruit kids from surrounding counties and beyond to play. Who cares if they didn’t submit a paper in time that is approved all the time!!

Come on KHSAA!!!

Fire Julian Tackett IMMEDIATELY if these kids aren’t ruled eligible by game time tomorrow!!!

This is ridiculous!!!! Most of these high profile KY high school football programs outright recruit kids from surrounding counties and beyond to play. Who cares if they didn’t submit a paper in time that is approved all the time!!

Come on KHSAA!!!
Fire him for what? Because he isn't perceived as part of UK's recruiting apparatus? Maybe you are jumping the gun a little bit?

Reactions: Bird--man

Let's be honest. None of us have any earthly idea what the Smith twins will do. If one is a UK fan, the relocation to Corbin combined with the UVs to Lexington create a friendly narrative that may or may not actually be valid. Jacob no-showed for a scheduled OV in June, so maybe the UVs are just a make-up. I have posted that their recruitment might stretch well into the fall. That is just my gut feeling. Actually, if they are still getting along with Harbaugh and if they decide to stick with MI, they don't have to comment further or do anything between now and December. The twins are good prospects, but not unique. I am not a proponent of the "must-sign" narrative. There are always alternatives. My suggestion is that we remain cognizant of the fact that our coaches are still recruiting a lot of good prospects.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT