ADVERTISEMENT

What was the one thing about Calipari that peeved you the most?

At this point, the fact he won't get out of some of ya'lls heads.

The man did us A FAVOR leaving on his own. He has been classy about it, Ellen even more so.

Let's just move on and celebrate what Cal said which was 100% accurate. It was time for a new voice, we got one. Time to quit whining about the past.

Was it

1. - His inability to defend the other team's inbounds play under their basket, which resulted in the other team getting wide open dunks & layups. Sometimes 2 & 3 times a game.
2.- His refusal to play zone even when the other team was taking the ball to the basket time & time again for shots within 5 feet of the basket.
3. - Or was it that we would get a lead late in the game & he would start trying like he did against Wisconsin in the 2015 Final Four & he would try to run the shot clock down, which resulted in his team having to take a forced shot as the shot clock was about to run out
4. - Or was it him pushing players out of here to the NBA when they were not NBA ready.
5. - Or was it something else?
That he was our coach.

You mean besides his commie daughter's burner accounts? I kid...I kid...

The way he pulled the wool over most of us. We all knew he was a sleazy used car salesman when he was being considered for the job. But we overlooked it because we were desperate to win.

The fact that we let that huckster ruin our program for 15 years by making it all about himself while producing virtually no results for the last decade says more about us than him...and I hate that.

when he would force the players to wash kids nasty feet for photo ops so he could get praise from the media for being a great humanitarian

That we've been freed and he's been gone almost a month, yet some want to keep kicking the dead horse and discussing a past coach and negative stuff, instead of our new coach and bright future.

When you get a wonderful new girlfriend, do you keep talking about your old/past psycho Ex? No (at least I hope you don't).

Was it

1. - His inability to defend the other team's inbounds play under their basket, which resulted in the other team getting wide open dunks & layups. Sometimes 2 & 3 times a game.
2.- His refusal to play zone even when the other team was taking the ball to the basket time & time again for shots within 5 feet of the basket.
3. - Or was it that we would get a lead late in the game & he would start trying like he did against Wisconsin in the 2015 Final Four & he would try to run the shot clock down, which resulted in his team having to take a forced shot as the shot clock was about to run out
4. - Or was it him pushing players out of here to the NBA when they were not NBA ready.
seemed he always played not to lose instead of playing to win

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Was it

I never trusted him after he said draft day in 2010 was greatest day in history of UK basketball.

Reactions: crestcat
Was it

Without coming out and saying it ... Cal conducted himself at UK, in line with his confession to recruits he made a few days ago at Arkansas ... the University of Calipari. The actual institution didn't mean anything to him, and it never was "all about the kids". It was always about him. He is a Sick and Twisted man ... a damn liar.

Was it

All of the above and lots more!!

Was it

5. General attitude toward BBN. Constantly talking crap to us with his “basketball Bennie’s” and “y’all are are crazy.” He also refused to start/play players who were popular with BBN. I.E. the 3Rs and the Benny line-up.

Last edited:
Most of all, I was sick of his narcissism which includes condescension and his attitude toward everyone else. I said many times over the last few years, I wouldn’t want him back even if he won it all. We needed a culture change and finally got one.
Admitting you're wrong.... That is Cals biggest flaw. No matter what he did it was the best and greatest and we were supposed to just shut up and appreciate it. Even if we saw inferior ball out of superior talent... he knew more than we did so we needed to shut up and just enjoy the draft.

Was it

>Not having a system and recruiting to it. He even said, I`ll adjust my style according to the players on the roster.
>Recruiting kids according to their star ranking without actually evaluating them fully.
>Allowing kids parents/handlers/grandparents/whoever say what will or won't happen to the kids once they arrive on campus.
>Sending kids to the NBA even when they weren`t ready, even if he didn't say GO, they knew the new crop was coming.
>Bragging about all the NBA players from UK, as if he was why. Most didn't really become successful until their 2nd or 3rd year in the league and most could have done the same thing straight out of high school.
>His stubbornness to adjust defensively.
> His car salesman approach. He`ll say UK fans are the most knowledgeable, but then talk down to us.
>His thought process regarding everyone in UK athletics. He apparently thought he was King and didn't have to listen to or answer to anyone.
>During the past 4-5 years, to me, it seemed as though he lived a "rockstar" lifestyle more than he should have. He went to NBA games, hanging out with musicians and it seemed as though he just changed, more "me" than basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: catben
@everyone who commented on this thread to stop posting about cal and to let it go in some manner or the other. The thread was clearly 100% about cal so you clearly haven’t let it go yourselves or you wouldn’t click on the thread. You are your own problem. Stay off message boards if it bothers you what others discuss. He is our former coach and now a competing coach in the SEC and there are going to be threads about him all year long so if you can’t deal with that this place is not for you.

There are just too many to name. I know some will always revere cal but I hope enough despise him that he gets the loudest chorus of boos an opposing coach has ever heard next year in Rupp. He doesn’t deserve to be revered by this fanbase and I hope his name never makes to the rafters.
Couldn’t agree more. I wish he would have left after 2015.

In this context, prevarication can mean transgression or violation. Can we get back to discussing basketball, or do you want to continue to pick at words?
My name is Inigo Montoya. You murdered my language. Prepare to die you son of a....

1. Haven't seen him.
2. His ability to actually coach. Looked lost and visibly shaken in most tight games.
3. Not enough experienced players aka 'grown men' on the roster.
4. His attitude towards the fans and media.
5. Not playing highly regarded recruits to protect their draft position.
Saying “ I am still trying to figure out how THIS team needs to play” 12 games into the season. And that after we lost games and our seed

Reactions: Adolph B. Calipari
For me, it was two things that really irritated me the most.

1. His teams seem to always play down to the competition.

2. We would beat a really good team one week. Then he would lose to teams that he had no business losing to. Our team would seem like they were completely unprepared when we would lose those games (like UNC Wilmington this year).

He had a gimmick that worked for a while. College hoops adjusted to it and he didn't evolve.

Smug, smart-ass, holier than thou attitude. Drove me absolutely crazy. Sometimes be humble or grateful for what you have while you have it. Don’t belittle people. Don’t take for granted something that most will never have. Hated it. And it grew worse by the day. Adios.

There is a laundry list of things I could say but the fact that he was here for the past 3 years is at the top of that list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT