ADVERTISEMENT

What was the one thing about Calipari that peeved you the most?

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
Was it

1. - His inability to defend the other team's inbounds play under their basket, which resulted in the other team getting wide open dunks & layups. Sometimes 2 & 3 times a game.
2.- His refusal to play zone even when the other team was taking the ball to the basket time & time again for shots within 5 feet of the basket.
3. - Or was it that we would get a lead late in the game & he would start trying like he did against Wisconsin in the 2015 Final Four & he would try to run the shot clock down, which resulted in his team having to take a forced shot as the shot clock was about to run out
4. - Or was it him pushing players out of here to the NBA when they were not NBA ready.
5. - Or was it something else?

After a season-ending loss, admitting that the team hadn’t been adequately prepared by the staff for their opponent! He almost always would say he was never going to watch the tape of the final game (except 2012), and to me those tapes would have revealed fixable patterns that we fans had to endure year after year!

5. The way most of this fanbase has been afflicted with CDS that they’re willing to thumb their nose at our history, completely make things up and act like petulant children even when the topic is about our current coach or players.

But a close 2nd is that he didn’t pivot his style when the portal became more important than freshman. That’s the downfall. That’s the reason for the early exits recently.

But the villain most of you have turned him into is ridiculous and undeserved. I can’t find one disparaging thing he’s said since leaving. Just takes five seconds of perusing any thread created here over the last three years and you’ll find all kinds of non basketball related insults.

A lot of you need to sign off the interwebs and go find why you’re so disappointed in life that you: are on here an insane amount of time per day, use insults of cal to feel better about yourself and rely on college kids to give your existence meaning.

Now: ATTACK.

There are just too many to name. I know some will always revere cal but I hope enough despise him that he gets the loudest chorus of boos an opposing coach has ever heard next year in Rupp. He doesn’t deserve to be revered by this fanbase and I hope his name never makes to the rafters.

Lack of attention payed to the art of inbounding the ball!

Overall though, I liked COW fine. It was time for both parties to move on….just like we should on this board.

Was it

1. - His inability to defend the other team's inbounds play under their basket, which resulted in the other team getting wide open dunks & layups. Sometimes 2 & 3 times a game.
2.- His refusal to play zone even when the other team was taking the ball to the basket time & time again for shots within 5 feet of the basket.
3. - Or was it that we would get a lead late in the game & he would start trying like he did against Wisconsin in the 2015 Final Four & he would try to run the shot clock down, which resulted in his team having to take a forced shot as the shot clock was about to run out
4. - Or was it him pushing players out of here to the NBA when they were not NBA ready.
Obsess much?! Just let it go!

After he won his national championship, he became arrogant and stubborn and believed he was the university of Kentucky. Replacing championships with draft picks and ending generational poverty, that became his number one priority. It was obvious the last 5 or 6 years was very subpar for Kentucky, then as all arrogant coaches do, refuse to leave when it was time to move on. There are many more things I could add, but I'll stop here.

WHY DO WE KEEP CREATING NEW THREADS ABOUT CCC???!!! HE'S GONE ALREADY!!! LET IT GO!!! THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED NUMEROUS TIMES BEFORE!!!! PLEASE STOP IT!!!!!

Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

#4 pushing players to NBA that were not ready is what bothered me the most. I think not mentioned is his inability to have his team control the tempo of a basketball game. UK always played at the tempo of the other team. That lead to many NCAA tourney losses. The two with UConn, Wisconsin, the two first round losses, the two Kansas State losses, etc...

He recruiting at a superior talent level but then allowed other teams with less talent to play at their pace and not at a pace more conducive to his talent. When teams tried to run with his UK teams like Bama this year his teams ran them out of the gym. If he could have dictated tempo like Rick Pitino did while he was at UK Cal would have the Nick Saban of college basketball the last 15 years.

Obsess much?! Just let it go!

He was our coach one month ago and now is coaching a team we have history with and will play next season while competing for portal players with them as well. Why shouldn’t we discuss what is happening with Cal and Arkansas? Who gives you the right to dictate what people talk about? Why can’t you just ignore it if you don’t like it? You in charge of this place or do you normally try to control what strangers talk about?

After he won his national championship, he became arrogant and stubborn and believed he was the university of Kentucky. Replacing championships with draft picks and ending generational poverty, that became his number one priority. It was obvious the last 5 or 6 years was very subpar for Kentucky, then as all arrogant coaches do, refuse to leave when it was time to move on. There are many more things I could add, but I'll stop here.

Last 4 seasons were brutal overall.

A 30 win elite 8 OT loss team n 2019 and a 25 and 6 team that won the sec by 3 games n 2020 aren't subpar to me.

Was it

Kneeling. I will never forgive him

The pure fact that he came to KENTUCKY in the first place. The fact that everyone thought he was the only one that could save our program. The fact that he did not care about records / history / wins or losses. The fact that he thought he was above us FANS. The fact that his name is associated with KENTUCKY basketball.

Never wanted him, never liked him and people acting like he was a savior!!!!!!!

I could go on but that will do for now.

Last 4 seasons were brutal overall.

A 30 win elite 8 OT loss team n 2019 and a 25 and 6 team that won the sec by 3 games n 2020 aren't subpar to me.
Losing to Kansas State twice and Oakland and Saint Peters and missing the tournament all together is subpar for a hall of fame coach with a loaded roster every year at the best program in college basketball. The misery of the last 4 made me forget about 2019 and 2020 seasons.

Was it

Stubbornness!

The pure fact that he came to KENTUCKY in the first place. The fact that everyone thought he was the only one that could save our program. The fact that he did not care about records / history / wins or losses. The fact that he thought he was above us FANS. The fact that his name is associated with KENTUCKY basketball.

Never wanted him, never liked him and people acting like he was a savior!!!!!!!

I could go on but that will do for now.
One more thing. I have memorabilia from 1978, Rupp, Hall, Pitino, 1996,97 and 98. I have Cawood signature on one of my hats as well. I have pics of my day at Cawood's house and miniature ponies he showed my wife and I on a day when they had family there from a funeral that popped up. Was at his house setting up a Ducane gas grill way back when. I do have a hat from 2012 championship No1 Greater hat. Not signed or anything. I do not own any other piece of anything from Cal years that I can recall. Might be something in a box somewhere but do not remember.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT