ADVERTISEMENT

What should Titans do

Latham, OT, from Bama. Maybe Levis gets a bit more time to throw. Give him another weapon or two and the Titans O could be pretty strong.

Reactions: JASUN74
Too bad Alt wasnt available. I wonder what they saw in Latham over Mims. Hope this pick works out well for Levis.

Most analysts had Mims from middle-to-late in the 1st rd......many had Latham as the 2nd best OT in the draft. It's also worth noting that Latham has really good analytics......very durable/reliable and had a very low sack allowed rate.

Also, both the Chargers and the Titans took a long time to make their picks. I think both were fielding calls to trade down.

It wasn't the most ideal situation.....Alt and Nabers were gone. But I think the Titans did the best they could with what was dealt.

A few words of comfort:

-Daddy Callahan is the OL coach.....and is HOF caliber. You know he had A LOT of input on this pick.

-Daddy Callahan has moved Wills from RT to LT while in Cleveland. He also moved Tyron Smith from RT to LT while in Dallas...and he became one of the best LT's for a while. So, it's very possible that Latham could move to either OT spot.

-Veteran guys like Andrus Peat (who the Titans have already talked to recently) are still available and could hold down a OT spot for a yr or two.

-The Titans traded for Leroy Watson very recently. Watson was coached by Daddy Callahan there and though he never started, he played a fair amount (mostly LT, but also played some at RT).....and never allowed a sack.

-Also the Titans still have guys like Nicholas Petit-Frere, Dillon Radunz, Daniel Brunskill....all of which have played OT. Maybe with better coaching and improved interior line play, that someone can do well at one of the OT spots. This is probably an outside chance, but it's worth mentioning.

-The interior OL will likely be vastly improved. Cush and Skor will be solid at OC/LG. And with the guys we have on the roster (including adding Charles) we might have much improved RG play. Which in turn will drastically help the OT play.

-And, of course, the rest of the draft....

Overall, my gut reaction is a C grade, but given Daddy Callahan I'll go with a B grade. If they could've traded down and picked up Latham, I would've gone B+/A-.

Reactions: Girthang and Davae9
Most analysts had Mims from middle-to-late in the 1st rd......many had Latham as the 2nd best OT in the draft. It's also worth noting that Latham has really good analytics......very durable/reliable and had a very low sack allowed rate.

Also, both the Chargers and the Titans took a long time to make their picks. I think both were fielding calls to trade down.

It wasn't the most ideal situation.....Alt and Nabers were gone. But I think the Titans did the best they could with what was dealt.

A few words of comfort:

-Daddy Callahan is the OL coach.....and is HOF caliber. You know he had A LOT of input on this pick.

-Daddy Callahan has moved Wills from RT to LT while in Cleveland. He also moved Tyron Smith from RT to LT while in Dallas...and he became one of the best LT's for a while. So, it's very possible that Latham could move to either OT spot.

-Veteran guys like Andrus Peat (who the Titans have already talked to recently) are still available and could hold down a OT spot for a yr or two.

-The Titans traded for Leroy Watson very recently. Watson was coached by Daddy Callahan there and though he never started, he played a fair amount (mostly LT, but also played some at RT).....and never allowed a sack.

-Also the Titans still have guys like Nicholas Petit-Frere, Dillon Radunz, Daniel Brunskill....all of which have played OT. Maybe with better coaching and improved interior line play, that someone can do well at one of the OT spots. This is probably an outside chance, but it's worth mentioning.

-The interior OL will likely be vastly improved. Cush and Skor will be solid at OC/LG. And with the guys we have on the roster (including adding Charles) we might have much improved RG play. Which in turn will drastically help the OT play.

-And, of course, the rest of the draft....

Overall, my gut reaction is a C grade, but given Daddy Callahan I'll go with a B grade. If they could've traded down and picked up Latham, I would've gone B+/A-.
I’m going with a B grade as well. I think he could be great but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed when Alt went to LA.

Ran said the plan is to switch him to the left side where he played in high school

Gearing up for Rd 2-3 tonight.

My wish is for the Titans to trade back from #38. I don't see anyone currently that jumps off the page that is a "must" get......but rather see a plethora of great options. My dream would be to trade down and pick twice tonight.

Need to upgrade offensive weapons - either WR or TE. I think there are probably enough receivers still left on the board that they could trade back and end up with an upgrade to the roster and, perhaps, grab another player in Rnd 2 at another position of need.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
Here are some names of some guys that I'm intrigued by: (anywhere in rds 2-3)

-Ladd McConkey, WR
-Cooper DeJean, S
-Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB
-Keon Coleman, WR (Is he fast enough?)
-Patrick Paul, OT
-Payton Wilson, LB
-Junior Colson, LB
-Chris Braswell, LB (athletic but raw)
-Jer'zahn Newton, DT
-Roman Wilson, WR

I want my Bengals to trade up and grab Newton.

Let’s work a deal and we can both be happy!!

According to the draft trade chart from Draftek,

Pick #38 (Titans) is worth 520 pts
Pick #49 (Bengals) is worth 410 pts

The Bengals second 3rd rd pick #90 is worth 112.

You give me pick:
#49 (2nd rd)
#90 (your second 3rd rd pick)
#214 (your second 6th rd pick)

I'll give you:
#38 (2nd rd)
#252 (7th rd)

That's a difference of 116 pts.

I'd do that all day.

Gearing up for Rd 2-3 tonight.

My wish is for the Titans to trade back from #38. I don't see anyone currently that jumps off the page that is a "must" get......but rather see a plethora of great options. My dream would be to trade down and pick twice tonight.

Unless they pick up Wallace. Just being selfish because I'd like to see him play more.

Overall grade for me is a C+/B-. I would've preferred a little mobility. They Titans said they fielded a bunch of calls for trade backs.....why didn't they take it? I'm a little confused about the WR pick. I understand he's a PR/KR, but man there were many other better picks available.

I'm looking forward to the rest of free agency. The Titans could further fill some spots.

Too bad Alt wasnt available. I wonder what they saw in Latham over Mims. Hope this pick works out well for Levis.

Mims is a UGA guy and ultra talented, better physically than Latham but he spent 6 weeks out with the same surgery Bowers spent 3 out and took himself out of SEC championship game when he returned. So my guess is his heart/desire. Physically he is at worst the 2nd most talented OT UGA had among multiple 1st OT drafted. His arms are just so long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT