ADVERTISEMENT

What seed you thinking?

UkMccurdy

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 21, 2021
Eastwood, Ky
With some late season and conference tourney runs by some teams, I think holding a host site will be close. I see UK in the 15-16 range tonight at 8:30 when the 16 sites are released. I see projections as high as 12/13 but just don’t see it happening. Just want one of them and would like to avoid 16 and having to go play a Super at the sure fire #1 Wake Forrest!

BA and D1 baseball both have us the #13 overall seed. Would be happy with that, Kentucky’s RPI makes it hard for them to not be a host.

Reactions: K86
BA and D1 baseball both have us the #13 overall seed. Would be happy with that, Kentucky’s RPI makes it hard for them to not be a host.

That’s about where my thought is. I just can’t see them not hosting with their resume.

I think we are as high as 12 and as low as 15 depends on what happens with other games. I don't mind drawing Arkansas, Clemson, or even LSU as a super opponent. LSU has phenomenal talent, but their pitching is dicey once you get past Skenes on Friday. Arkansas is beat up and running on fumes. They'd be my first choice. Clemson is hot, but I have a hard time thinking that they aren't beatable. I want to avoid Florida, as I think they're the best team in the country.

For the baseball savvy folks, could someone have any hope of buying tickets without being a season ticket holder?

Will KPP be sold out?

I think it only holds 3,500. Will seating be boosted in some fashion?

For the baseball savvy folks, could someone have any hope of buying tickets without being a season ticket holder?

Will KPP be sold out?

They can expand it up to like almost 8k if I remember correctly. Don't know if they will.

Will KPP be sold out?

Tickets go on sale Tuesday. Yes, you'll definitely be able to get a ticket so long as you're willing to buy books for the entire regional and as long as you don't mind where you sit.

West Virginia as our 2 seed is brutal. But should be a good regional. Have to feel good about UK coming out of that.

Yeah and the reward will be playing a SR v LSU in Baton Rogue. SMFH

Honestly though, out of all the top 8, LSU is the one that I think I would rather play. Outside of Skenes, that pitching staff isn’t nearly as deep as the rest of the top 8.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT