ADVERTISEMENT

What SEC contender has the schedule advantage?

bowfreak

Sophomore
Mar 26, 2009
I started looking into this briefly but realized someone here has probably already done this and could lay it out much more quickly. If anyone has thoughts on this please post up.

Probably the Volunqueers because they only play Auburn once and it’s in Knoxville. We play Auburn once and it’s at Auburn.
Auburn has us at home but TN on the road.
We’re TN‘s FF and NC all rolled up into one though no matter how the SEC plays out.
Can‘t believe those dumb hillbillies have never made a FF. 😂😂

To answer the question, I don't hate ours. Already took care of Florida on the road. Should setup for a 15-3, 14-4 at worst record. We know every team at home will play their A game against us, but seems we drew a pretty favorable draw honestly.

Kentucky only has three permanent opponents under the current 14 team league.

Tennessee
Florida
Vanderbilt

We play all three twice each

This may change or stay the same next season when we move to 16 teams.

I see it staying mostly the same but will probably only have 2 permanent opponents (UT, VU) and losing Florida.

Texas and Oklahoma will be rotated in somehow.

It's honestly hard to know who is good. Some teams have very difficult OOC schedules and others have played almost no one.

It just seems that whenever someone is strong we end up playing them once, on the road.

Someone probably answered it best when they said anyone who plays us twice is at the biggest disadvantage.

Reactions: gharding07
Auburn's permanent opponents as a whole may be better than they have been in a long time. They get us at home but UT on the road. At Auburn is a mid February game so I'll take that. Plus we don't play UT until February. We will continue to get better so it seems that is a plus....

That’s just your mindset . Nobody is scared of KY anymore 😂

You might want to listen to the coaches and players discuss UK. Your coach has said many times that Kentucky is a game he circles and looks foward to. Golden said last week that the UK game is a big deal to the players and fans, and nearly every single game we play on the road sells out and has a t-shirt night. I watch all the pre and post game interviews and if you really believe what you’re saying here, you might want to re-evaluate your position because it’s a really bad take, and factually inaccurate.

As for Tennessee, being from the state, I can tell you the Kentucky basketball game is the one all UT basketball fans want. I believe also that UT has lost more times to Uk than anyone has lost to anyone throughout history.

We have forced home teams to implement crowd noise during practices because our fans travel so well to some venues.

UK is the biggest draw in the sport, and yes, players and coaches are “afraid” a loss is likely anytime we play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT