POLL: Is there a God ??

Is there a God ??

• Yes

Votes: 189 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 23.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Also very convenient of you to disregard the lack of scientific evidence that proves the existence of a God.

LOL, you literally believe in everything from nothing, life from the non-living - both complete contradictions of what science actually says. Stop trying to use lAcK oF ScIeNcE eViDenCe to prove your nonsensical worldview/philosophy.

Seriously, this is literally one of the dumbest freaking things atheists say, and atheists say a whole lot of dumb stuff.

LOL, you literally believe in everything from nothing, life from the non-living - both complete contradictions of what science actually says. Stop trying to use lAcK oF ScIeNcE eViDenCe to prove your nonsensical worldview/philosophy.

Seriously, this is literally one of the dumbest freaking things atheists say, and atheists say a whole lot of dumb stuff.
Agnostic here so I'm not even fully sure what I believe. I was just presenting theories. Regardless, there is in fact a lack of scientific evidence to prove the existence of a god.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Your beliefs come from a man-written book (full of contradictions) from ancient times.

Yep, when you run the truth through the atheist filter it comes out gross, just like your derelict atheist ideology.

2 Timothy 3:16, 17 "All scripture is inspired of God, and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work"

Men have the privilege to be included in the outworking of God's purpose for the earth. Part of that privilege were men who recorded what God inspired them to write down, for our benefit today. (you atheist have no corresponding moral touchstone, law, or authority - everything is morally relative to you.)

You think you can point out contradictions? You don't even know what the Bible says.

Reactions: Dallas-Wild
Agnostic here so I'm not even fully sure what I believe. I was just presenting theories. Regardless, there is in fact a lack of scientific evidence to prove the existence of a god.

What lack of scientific evidence? Point it out, specifically please.

Life from non-life? Everything from nothing? Both directly contradict even basic science.
Laws of probability? Irreducible complexity? Those reside firmly on the side of creation.

It doesn't seem like you've put a lot of thought into this.

Life beginning after millions and millions of years of chemicals interacting together makes WAY more sense than a bearded being poofing two people into existence.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Yep, when you run the truth through the atheist filter it comes out gross, just like your derelict atheist ideology.

2 Timothy 3:16, 17 "All scripture is inspired of God, and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, so that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work"

Men have the privilege to be included in the outworking of God's purpose for the earth. Part of that privilege were men who recorded what God inspired them to write down, for our benefit today. (you atheist have no corresponding moral touchstone, law, or authority - everything is morally relative to you.)

You think you can point out contradictions? You don't even know what the Bible says.
What are you on about now? God murdered children. What a beacon of light, eh? Get this, I'm atheist AND I recognize murder is wrong. No dusty book needed to tell me that!

And quoting scripture is pointless, that book is a man-written myth collection.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
What lack of scientific evidence? Point it out, specifically please.
Isn't faith supposed to be a central aspect of Christianity? Believing when there isn't definitive evidence of existence. We can all point at random things and say "oh that must be God" but that isn't scientifically verifiable.
Life from non-life? Everything from nothing? Both directly contradict even basic science.
Laws of probability? Irreducible complexity? Those reside firmly on the side of creation.

It doesn't seem like you've put a lot of thought into this.
I'm not going to spend my life researching something when Christians always tell me that there are just things that humans are meant to understand anyway and that's part of God's plan.

This is an opinion. Because, we know that people of science, because of their investigation into science, have determined the existence of God. So, as a fact, your statement is false. As an opinion, it is one of many.

This is an opinion. Because, we know that people of science, because of their investigation into science, have determined the existence of God. So, as a fact, your statement is false. As an opinion, it is one of many.
Simply no. There is not a genuine peer-reviewed experiment out there to determine that there is a god.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Simply no. There is not a genuine peer-reviewed experiment out there to determine that there is a god.

You must be responding to a post other than the one you linked or want to divert from my actual comment or you just did not understand your own comment and my response.

You said, “there is in fact a lack of scientific evidence to prove the existence of a god.” Your comment is, in fact, an opinion. The proof of my comment is found in the FACT that science, and solely science, has led many who understand science to the belief in God. Therefore, there is sufficient scientific evidence for the existence of God. It is, your, opinion that there is not. Your comment is not a fact, however.

As an example, in a trial where a majority or super majority needs to determine evidence by a standard of proof, you may have 7 out of 9 who believe the evidence is sufficient to meet the standard and 2 that do not. For the 7, the evidence was clearly sufficient.

What are you on about now? God murdered children. What a beacon of light, eh? Get this, I'm atheist AND I recognize murder is wrong. No dusty book needed to tell me that!

And quoting scripture is pointless, that book is a man-written myth collection.
Do you support abortion? Apparently you don't right?

Men have written their opinions on science, but it's simply as you say men-written

Do you support abortion? Apparently you don't right?

Men have written their opinions on science, but it's simply as you say men-written
I do support abortion up to a point in the pregnancy, actually. Science is less about opinion and more about testing ideas and seeing consistency.

Religion relies on complete faith, meaning no evidence.

Science is like philosopy, a little bit will incline one to atheism, breadth in it will bring one to God.

The greatest thinkers were Believers. The modern scientist tends to atheism not because he has more evidence than his predecessors, but because he has more arrogance, an over-inflated and rebellious ego. If the universe were designed such that through our very limited understanding someone could simply produce an experiment to demonstrate Him, then the "faith" produced would not have the same transformative effect one achieves through relationship with Him. The shoulders of the giants our civilization rest on were men who knew Christ.

I do support abortion up to a point in the pregnancy, actually. Science is less about opinion and more about testing ideas and seeing consistency.

Tells me all I need to know, killing kids up to a point.

Got cha your religion and faith is science and many many failed tests and inconsistency. Analyzed data which is often proven wrong and invalid, hey great work science for the nuclear weapon and other destructive weapons to kill. Thanks Scientists for COVID killed millions.

Wrong. Faith is often premised upon evidence. When I hear people misuse the word “evidence,” I feel everyone should have to practice and try a legal case. That would help people understand what is evidence.

Rule 401 of the Federal Rules of Evidence defines “relevant” evidence as having a tendency to make a fact more or less probable than it would be without the evidence. It is relevant if the fact is of consequence in determining the action.

Got cha your religion and faith is science and many many failed tests and inconsistency. Analyzed data which is often proven wrong and invalid, hey great work science for the nuclear weapon and other destructive weapons to kill. Thanks Scientists for COVID killed millions.

If you are pro-abortion, you probably have accepted a philosophy over science.

Easy man, with anything comes the opportunity for someone to make good or bad of it, that’s humanity. Scientists have created amazing life saving inventions as well.

Even God and Jesus come with good and bad. Look at all the people that exploit it for their own purposes with no actual consideration of God, yet look at all the kindness and love and generosity it creates at the same time.

A gun can save lives and it can end them unnecessarily.

Everything in this world is available to us for good and bad, the test is to see how we use it.

Faith is confidence and trust.

I went over that before, the etymology of the word. If your faith is "without evidence," then that is not really faith.

Why are you rambling?

"killing kids up to a point". If you want to be dishonest, move on.

Easy man, with anything comes the opportunity for someone to make good or bad of it, that’s humanity. Scientists have created amazing life saving inventions as well.

Even God and Jesus come with good and bad. Look at all the people that exploit it for their own purposes with no actual consideration of God, yet look at all the kindness and love and generosity it creates at the same time.

A gun can save lives and it can end them unnecessarily.

Everything in this world is available to us for good and bad, the test is to see how we use it.
Don't disagree many scientific positives that have enhanced good things.

And I thank GOD always for the good things He has given those with that ability.

Faith is confidence and trust.

I went over that before, the etymology of the word. If your faith is "without evidence," then that is not really faith.
You can have confidence and trust that jumping off a highrise won't kill you. And?

You can have confidence and trust that jumping off a highrise won't kill you. And?

No.

It's like if I loan you money and have faith you will pay it back. If you do not, then my faith in you was misplaced, but it was still based on the evidence I had of your character. I trusted you for a reason.

Just using your words you don't like it move on.

Don't disagree many scientific positives that have enhanced good things.

And I thank GOD always for the good things He has given those with that ability.
Even if you believe in the Christian god (there are many gods that you will say aren't real because ?), he is at minimum incompetent and at most, evil.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
No.

It's like if I loan you money and have faith you will pay it back. If you do not, then my faith in you was misplaced, but it was still based on the evidence I had of your character. I trusted you for a reason.
Yeah, you can't remove the lying variable, which pretty big, so that doesn't really work here. That's not testing against something.

You'll know soon enough have a good day.
The odds aren't in your favor. Most people attached to a religion grew up indoctrinated from their parents. Everyone is born an atheist.

All of the tribes left in remote areas of the world are screwed because they don't know the Christian myth.

That's just one of the many holes that can be poked in really any religion.

Yeah, you can't remove the lying variable, which pretty big, so that doesn't really work here. That's not testing against something.

What lying variable? That's not relevant. You gave an example which made sense to you, wrt your definition of "faith," which is inadequate. That is not what faith is. If you jump off building without any evidence that gravity will suspend for you, then that is your defintion of faith, not mine. You are illustrating what's wrong with your definition and that says nothing about what I explained to you with my exampple. We are talking about two different things entirely.

The odds aren't in your favor. Most people attached to a religion grew up indoctrinated from their parents. Everyone is born an atheist.

All of the tribes left in remote areas of the world are screwed because they don't know the Christian myth.

That's just one of the many holes that can be poked in really any religion.

Not really. That's just an atheist argument you heard.

It's not an argument. The existence of other religions has no bearing whatsoever on Christianity being the Truth and the Way. That there are many lies doesn't stop something from being true.

And more remote or "primitive" man was no less intelligent than modern man. They had the same intelligence we do.

No, not quite. Not sure where you're going here.

Well, science supports the fact the life begins at conception. A fertilized egg is life and is human. Human life.

Now, if you accept science and also are pro-abortion, you are probably evil (my opinion) for supporting the killing of defenseless innocent life.

If you reject science for abortion, you have accepted a philosophy, political or otherwise, over science.

You must be responding to a post other than the one you linked or want to divert from my actual comment or you just did not understand your own comment and my response.

You said, “there is in fact a lack of scientific evidence to prove the existence of a god.” Your comment is, in fact, an opinion. The proof of my comment is found in the FACT that science, and solely science, has led many who understand science to the belief in God. Therefore, there is sufficient scientific evidence for the existence of God. It is, your, opinion that there is not. Your comment is not a fact, however.

As an example, in a trial where a majority or super majority needs to determine evidence by a standard of proof, you may have 7 out of 9 who believe the evidence is sufficient to meet the standard and 2 that do not. For the 7, the evidence was clearly sufficient.
Thanks for confirming that my opinions are opinions I guess? God's existence is not a fact however.

Even if you believe in the Christian god (there are many gods that you will say aren't real because ?), he is at minimum incompetent and at most, evil.

Dude, this is word for word the argument addressed so often by parrots who just regurgitate Dawkins or other evangelical atheists.

Okay, we will move off your apparent lack of comprehension and we will ask you to prove your comment above with actual evidence.
Well the simple point that facts have been confirmed through research/studies/etc. so many times that science can basically accept it as true. Now I will grant that science is always changing and new data can be discovered at any point to change that. With saying that, God's existence does not fall in that category of scientific fact. There may be scientists that believe in God but that is their opinion. I would really enjoy to see any studies or experiments done that could be used to detect the presence of a god though, would literally be world-altering stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT