ADVERTISEMENT

What is your biggest pet peeve?

People that dont use a turn signal and/or pull out in front of you quickly only to brake
People that stay in the fast lane when they should get over
People that act like they lare living the life but have a shit ton of debt and no savings
Little guys in big trucks
People that feel entitled
Lazy mfer's
@Travis Graf recruiting updates

People that dont use a turn signal and/or pull out in front of you quickly only to brake
People that stay in the fast lane when they should get over
People that act like they lare living the life but have a shit ton of debt and no savings
Little guys in big trucks
People that feel entitled
Lazy mfer's
@Travis Graf recruiting updates
I had another person pass the other day running about 70 in a 55, went down the road about 900 ft and put on a signal. At least it was a right turn this time. When people make a left turn after doing that, they are hopeless morons.

I hate calling for technical advice or to discuss a bill and the person's English is shall we say excruciatingly horrid.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhDcat2018
Leaving lights on in the house when not in use.

Bad/inconsiderate drivers (including truckers) who get in the left lane and take forever to pass causing a large pileup of cars that just want to pass their slow a$$.

The Southwest “preboard” process is up there. It has become an epidemic the last couple of years.

Watching perfectly able body folks get wheeled down to only watch them upon landing hustling/speed walking off the plane.
+1

Exactly. It's like why TF am I paying $25 extra for choice seats in A group when an army of 20 mofo's gets on before me.

I really should ride that disability train with cancer, peripheral neuropathy, service-connected injuries, ect. Regrettably, I've got too much pride.

I've got some of the dumbest ones imaginable:

1. People who mispronounce "John Constantine" as "John Constanteen".

KMfpErgygpyhoH3T4YFp6o.jpg

2. The term "graphic novel". They're comic books. And a collection of comic books is a trade paperback.

Alan Moore said:
That pompous phrase (graphic novel) was thought up by some idiot in the marketing department of DC. I prefer to call them "Big Expensive Comics.”

I'm pretty sure a fan came up with the term, not DC, but whatever.

3. People who can't read comic cover dates correctly. The cover date's not the date the book was published; it's there there to let retailers know when to return unsold copies of the book. Fantastic Four 1, for example, a monthly publication, has a cover date of November (of 1961), which means that it was published and on sale in August (August 8, 1961 to be specific).

http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/main/features/comic.php?comicid=40952

4. People who think that Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars 8 is the first appearance of Spider-Man's black costume. Amazing Spider-Man 252's the actual first appearance and it hit retail eight months before Secret Wars 8. Secret Wars takes place in-between the December of 1983 and January of 1984 Marvel comics and was published over the course of '84 monthly as a flashback, which makes Secret Wars 8 the black costume's 40th-somthing appearance.

5. Marvel's constant promotion of the outright lie that Stan Lee is the primary creator of the Marvel Universe (especially concerning Spider-Man, who was created and originally plotted, scripted, and drawn by Steve Ditko based on an idea by Simon and Kirby).

The infamous Gary Groth interview with Jack Kirby

Gene Colan on working with Lee:

Daredevil_Annual_01-55.jpg

Daredevil_Annual_01-56.jpg

Daredevil_Annual_01-57.jpg

Wallace Wood on working with Lee:

440160578_1111557376832094_5669055141491761731_n.jpg

There's dozens more examples.

And the same goes for DC for falsely promoting Bob Kane, and not Bill Finger, as the creator of Batman.

People who end every other statement with "right?". You're getting no confirmation from me, jerkweed.

White dudes that are deeply into, know everything about, and have serious opinions about rap music.

Ed Piskor knew that genre well...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_Hop_Family_Tree

...but he took his life earlier this month after getting attacked over flirting with a 17-year-old. His suicide note:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10F__3KMESejEU42ep9zwjJQbnTI4aPXb1IuG_iyBepE/edit

I was murdered by Internet bullies. Massive amounts of them. Some of you out there absolutely contributed to my death as you were entertaining yourself with gossip. I wasn’t AI. I was a real human being. You chipped little bits of my self esteem away all week until I was vaporized. Maybe I’ll be able to haunt you dorks as a ghost. I come from Gypsy heritage and I’m definitely cursing a lot of you.

RIP Ed. :(

1280px-FIBD2017EdPiskor2.jpg

New one: people that make a large post about comics.

Southwest boarding is a good one. I hate it.

People that compare Louisville to Asheville.

McDonald’s drive thru when people want to play God and block both lanes waiting to see which one opens. I’m going around you bud. Pick one.

Having to put the toilet seat down for the ladies of the house or else I get blasted when one of them is too lazy/stupid to check to see if it's down and they fall in.

And then they are mad at me for laughing.

Of course if I forgot to flush and they plopped down thru to bowl full of my pee, I feel real guilty. Has happened but extremely rare! Heavy night of drinking between the two of us and what not

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I’ve got three:

1. When the airline says boarding will begin in 10 minutes and 75 people get up and crowd the gate into the main corredor.

2. People that are oblivious to their surroundings and what’s going on around them. Just walking with no clue their are other people in this world.

3. I work at a university. Parents that call on behalf of their college kid. Their an adult, have them give me a call.

Having to put the toilet seat down for the ladies of the house or else I get blasted when one of them is too lazy/stupid to check to see if it's down and they fall in.

And then they are mad at me for laughing.

Of course if I forgot to flush and they plopped down thru to bowl full of my pee, I feel real guilty. Has happened but extremely rare! Heavy night of drinking between the two of us and what not

I'm not young, but I can't stand older people talking like younger people. Stick to your times and be proud of it. When "peeps" was in I can't tell you how many of my fellow senior citizens used that damn word.

I will readily admit up front that mine is extremely silly.

I hate seeing a pickup truck with an emblem on the grill (GMC, for example), and they have put a GMC license plate on the bumper just a few short inches below the emblem that says the same, exact thing.

🤪
I have several that are pickup truck based because I drive one and don’t want to be lumped in with them.

1. Leaving your hitch in the receiver and tow mirrors out when you aren’t towing. Parking with your hitch over a walkway should be considered domestic terrorism and get jail time.

2. Wheel spacers. They look ridiculous and the drivers never manage to get the whole thing in one parking spot.

3. Stickers on vehicles. Salt life, praying hands memorials, gun brands, all are tacky.

4. If you have to buy the led brake light strip you should at least put it on straight.

The Southwest “preboard” process is up there. It has become an epidemic the last couple of years.

Watching perfectly able body folks get wheeled down to only watch them upon landing hustling/speed walking off the plane.
Mine is grammar. Simple compound adjectives being butchered, such as "cut and dry" (which I realize, through constant misuse, has become internet-acceptable for "cut-and-dried"), which, more accurately, connotes something that has already occurred, and thus, is well-settled.

Another similar one is "able-body", which I don't see very often at all.

J/K, bradyjames - you're a good dude and I appreciate your contributions, both to Cat Paw and to our programs.🙂

I’ve got three:

1. When the airline says boarding will begin in 10 minutes and 75 people get up and crowd the gate into the main corredor.

2. People that are oblivious to their surroundings and what’s going on around them. Just walking with no clue their are other people in this world.

3. I work at a university. Parents that call on behalf of their college kid. Their an adult, have them give me a call.
They're. Another pp of mine.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
Lines bring out the worst and most ignorant in people. Also, the most entitled attitudes in people who think they are special and don't have to wait like everyone else. I hate long lines but people who cut lines and act like they don't know where they begin. Those who leave long gaps between the next person as well. Drive thrus already covered. So many pet peeves here.

Reactions: bradyjames
People in my family who cannot ever put things back where they found them, i.e., where they belong. Damn, how hard is it to return a tool to the tool box, scissors back into the drawer, etc? (Glad my lovely wife does not read this site)

I have several that are pickup truck based because I drive one and don’t want to be lumped in with them.

1. Leaving your hitch in the receiver and tow mirrors out when you aren’t towing. Parking with your hitch over a walkway should be considered domestic terrorism and get jail time.

2. Wheel spacers. They look ridiculous and the drivers never manage to get the whole thing in one parking spot.

3. Stickers on vehicles. Salt life, praying hands memorials, gun brands, all are tacky.

4. If you have to buy the led brake light strip you should at least put it on straight.
Yep. My RAM has a UK tag bracket, UK hitch cover, and nothing else.

I'll add to the stickers comment with my pp of people flying flags from their trucks, whether it's your favorite country, favorite team, favorite politician, or favorite cause, the damn things should be banned. They cause distractions for other motorists who are already driving with the attention span of a housefly. There's a dude here in town who has a Toyota Tacoma that has not one, but two MASSIVE Bucs flags mounted in the bed, and flies them year round. When he's stopped at a redlight, they touch the ground and are at least 8' x 10'.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT