ADVERTISEMENT

What is your biggest pet peeve?

Can be annoying as hell, and hard on your voice to boot, but at least two of my family members are hard of hearing so I try to be patient (not always successfully). My wife won't admit it, and won't get tested, but I guarantee you her hearing is not what it used to be.
At least mine admits & knows it. Loss is mainly in one ear. Makes it hard for her to know the direction sounds are coming from. Yes, find myself talking normal - which for me is loud - and she doesn't get it.

Talking sports with women. It doesn’t work..
When it comes to the NFL, my 39 year old daughter knows WAY more than any normal human that isn't working for the NFL Network should know. She spends a lot of time in her car every day driving to see clients, and she's always got the XM tuned to the NFL Radio channel.

Reactions: PhDcat2018
Being harassed at red lights by certain church goers holding signs telling me I'm going to hell and then trying to hand pamphlets to me.

When I’m not at work, 100% I’m not pissing standing up. That’s for poor people. Real men sit when they pee. Much cleaner, get some squats in, keep the seat down for the hoe. No downside.
But you give up balance and directional control exercising. I will say that there ought to be a law against non-floor length urinals.

People who, for whatever dumbass reason, stop 2, or even 3 or 4 car lengths behind the vehicle in front of them when stopped at a light. There's just no logical reason that I can think of to do that. It's worse if they do it in a left turn lane. The left turn light doesn't last forever, and you staying that far back just means one or more folks won't make that light. Very inconsiderate IMO.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread but, IMO, it bears repeating: I despise people who interupt someone else speaking. Nothing says rudeness like "I'm not even paying attention to what YOU are saying and what I have to say is of much more interest/importance than what you're saying". Just royally pisses me off. Personally, I won't let them off the hook, I just interupt THEM and begin my conversation anew.

People that are cheap when they eat at a restaurant. I'm not trying to get in a tipping debate. I'm just talking about people that accept an invitation to a nice restaurant, look at the menu, and then complain about the prices and share a meal with their spouse. Not because they are not both hungry enough to eat a meal each, but because they are cheap. When my wife and I use to have a group of friends that met once a month for supper at a restaurant, we all agreed that since there were 8 couples and the waiter/waitress doesn't like doing 8 separate checks, we would get one check and divide it 8 ways. One of my friends that I grew up with, been friends for at least 60 years, complained every month about what someone else ordered and how that drove the bill up. I always told him, you and her should both order the most expensive meal they have and make us pay for part of it and take leftovers home, but just quit bitching.

Along the same line as my last response, I wonder what everyone thinks of this:

I get a call one night, probably 10 years ago, from a good friend that says "our kids bought us a gift card to (name your favorite expensive restaurant here), would you and your wife like to join us tonight. So we did. We ate like kings, appetizers, bottles of wine, etc. When the waiter came and asked if we were all together, my friend said "no, we have a gift card for ours, they are on a separate check." I didn't complain and paid my check obviously, but that is not what I expected based upon the way I was invited. Thoughts?

• Sad
Reactions: J_Dee
Along the same line as my last response, I wonder what everyone thinks of this:

I get a call one night, probably 10 years ago, from a good friend that says "our kids bought us a gift card to (name your favorite expensive restaurant here), would you and your wife like to join us tonight. So we did. We ate like kings, appetizers, bottles of wine, etc. When the waiter came and asked if we were all together, my friend said "no, we have a gift card for ours, they are on a separate check." I didn't complain and paid my check obviously, but that is not what I expected based upon the way I was invited. Thoughts?
It almost sounds like he was implying the card would cover everything. JMO

Reactions: PhDcat2018
I was peeved that I spent too much time online (particularly regarding UK basketball), so over the past two weeks I've massively slashed down my internet time. I'm proud of myself. =)

Ppl at work that come up and say I got to tell ya something but you can't tell anyone.

Mothereffer you know I'm going to tell someone. I can't be given that responsibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT