ADVERTISEMENT

What else is new?

TheBlueMax

Junior
Jan 1, 2003
Kentucky
More futility. THAT is UK football, or so it seems.

I almost would've preferred to have ANY Kentucky high school football coach making the decisions for us to end the game. I like Brad White but cannot for the life of me figure out what Coach Stoops' defensive philosophy is in a situation like that. Feckless, to say the least, and he's a "defensive" coach! Leaves many of us shaking our heads in disbelief and dismay.

I am, however, encouraged by the better perception of our program nationally as seen in the transfer portal and getting some good talent from that. However, despite a well played game by our kids, who have to be really disappointed in the final score, it's disappointing once again to know that a guy like Jerry Palm, the only CBS guy to pick us to win, is now being given a ration of you-know-what for choosing Kentucky to beat Clemson in football.

Once again, more evidence that this program is cursed, that we somehow have to find ways to exorcise the demons that seemingly rear their ugly heads to conspire against us, that compel us to record defeat after defeat from the "jaws of victory."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT