ADVERTISEMENT

What did Reed Sheppard accomplish that Jeff didn't?

FurdTerguson

Sophomore
Jan 9, 2009
A win at Arkansas. Although Jeff had one of the best dunks ever on that Super Bowl Sunday.

Ugoff you are right... Did arkansas have Williamson playing? And Nolan Richardson was tough.

93-95 Arkansas was one of the top teams in the nation. Jeff would have a dub against them at BW if the 95-96 team played them there instead of Rupp.

I believe Jeff’s Kentucky teams were 6-2 against Arkansas. A very very good Arkansas program.

I do think Reed is a better player as a freshman than Jeff was as a redshirt senior.
He's starting to remind me of a freshman in college John Stockton. Of course it would be crazy to predict
any college player of being NBA John Stockton and Reed is highly unlikely to ever be that good
but his top end potential could be in that ballpark.

I know some will accuse me of only making the comparison because of skin color but only those who don't know me at all will say that. It's his size combined with his generally accurate passing and solid dribbling, good shooting, and defensive awareness, all while never trying to be flashy. For those who watched Stockton play a lot it's hard not to be reminded of him. For me, anyway.

Reactions: bfawns
Bet Nolan was watching that game last night and wondering how in the world do you mess up this much talent.
When you recruit the entire transfer portal, you're going to get a few dead fish. As soon as I saw that El Ellis committed to Arky, I became hesitant about Muss taking over after Cal retired.

I do think Reed is a better player as a freshman than Jeff was as a redshirt senior.
He's starting to remind me of a freshman in college John Stockton. Of course it would be crazy to predict
any college player of being NBA John Stockton and Reed is highly unlikely to ever be that good
but his top end potential could be in that ballpark.

I know some will accuse me of only making the comparison because of skin color but only those who don't know me at all will say that. It's his size combined with his generally accurate passing and solid dribbling, good shooting, and defensive awareness, all while never trying to be flashy. For those who watched Stockton play a lot it's hard not to be reminded of him. For me, anyway.
Jeff was deadly coming off a screen catching and shooting that year so I'm not sure about that but Reed is ahead of where Jeff was his freshman year for sure.

Jeff was deadly coming off a screen catching and shooting that year so I'm not sure about that but Reed is ahead of where Jeff was his freshman year for sure.
Yeah, there’s no doubt in my mind Reed the freshman is better than Jeff the freshman. But Jeff the senior was Final Four MOP. Big shoes to fill there. Reed is a a more polished basketball player at this stage for sure

Yeah, there’s no doubt in my mind Reed the freshman is better than Jeff the freshman. But Jeff the senior was Final Four MOP. Big shoes to fill there. Reed is a a more polished basketball player at this stage for sure
Absolutely Jeff accomplished a lot that Reed hasn't done.

I'll never forget the triple overtime SEC final win over Ark in 95. Has to be in my top 5 games ever.
Roderick Rhodes choke job then Anthony Epps heroic effort that game was a classic back and forth non stop action Rhodes left at the end of the season became a trojan

Reactions: Ugoff
93-95 Arkansas was one of the top teams in the nation. Jeff would have a dub against them at BW if the 95-96 team played them there instead of Rupp.

I believe Jeff’s Kentucky teams were 6-2 against Arkansas. A very very good Arkansas program.

Great stuff STL

The 2025 Final Four is in San Antonio ... we can only dream Reed comes back and the team is good enough to be there.

When Epps clinched the SEC Championship I think I jumped seven straight times. It always means more when you hate the other team.

I thought the answer was to dunk at BW without getting T’d up. Still probably the worst call in CBB history in that realm.

Reactions: NC Weasel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT