ADVERTISEMENT

What are you listening to?

I'm not going to check out all 79 pages but I'm guessing nobody is listening to Flamenco. Proud to be the first one, unless I'm wrong.

Reactions: Mossip
I wish he didn't talk during it but I love the reactions and have always loved the album.
Ahh. The reaction vids. Don't get me wrong. I watch them. It's just come to the point where popular songs have seemingly fallen on deaf ears. It's all for clicks. Now they have movie reactions. There's no way that some of these folks that pride themselves on being music/movie buffs haven't heard or watched some of the most popular music or movies that's ever existed. Sure some are legit virgins but the majority aren't.

Ahh. The reaction vids. Don't get me wrong. I watch them. It's just come to the point where popular songs have seemingly fallen on deaf ears. It's all for clicks. Now they have movie reactions. There's no way that some of these folks that pride themselves on being music/movie buffs haven't heard or watched some of the most popular music or movies that's ever existed. Sure some are legit virgins but the majority aren't.
Sure and perhaps this guy is one of them yet nothing very popular about this album back then or now. Still it's one of my absolute Yes faves along with The Yes Album.

GHG4iYEbcAArXhD

• Haha
Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
I'm familiar with a lot of those reaction channels. Search for "metal reaction" for instance and it's the same 25-30 channels. I'm sure some of them are legit and it's cool to see them discover bands. Lots of people grow up only listening to one genre or maybe music was never a passion for them. I do think it's odd that you rarely see a reactor react to something negatively though. If everything you're being suggested to listen to by your viewers is "great and wonderful" then you're not being honest with them. It's also hard for me to believe someone whose only listened to say, rap or country would immediately love Slayer or Slipknot but that's what happens on some of those channels.

Good stuff here by two young guns. Met Marcus King out in front of Bridgestone before the Strings show last night. Down to earth and humble dude. Had a firm handshake. Was hoping he would've sat in with Billy but he didn't. bummer.

Louisville area music-lovers … heads up !!

The CALIFORNIA GUITAR TRIO will be at B-Side at Decade on March 9th. The place is highly-intimate, seating only around 75-80 people, and is PERFECT for seeing and hearing CGT. If you enjoy outstanding acoustic guitar musicianship, you should consider this show. I’ve seen them three (3) times over their long career (32 years/21 albums) and have always thoroughly enjoyed them and their vibe.
If you go, ENJOY THE SHOW !!!

NOTE: They will also be at The Southgate House Revival in Newport on March 11th.

I'm NOT 100% sure of it, but I think their guitar tech might be from Louisville. This one might be special ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mossip
This clip is from last night (02.29.24) ... Juliette & The Licks are a pretty damn rockin' band and she's got PLENTY of stage energy for a 50-year old. I'd love to see this band in a small venue. She is an excellent actress, of course, but she can also ROCK !! The simple throbbing bass line really works in this one !!!

NOTE: They will be at LOUDER THAN LIFE in Louisville in late September, but I'm a little too old for that long day and huge crowd !! :cool:

Last edited:
It’d be nice to have sub threads based on genre. Mossip’s jazz cut has me wishing for a playlist of that style on here.

Everyone rates The Velvet Underground & Nico as their best album. I disagree. This one is better. I get it, the Andy Warhol album art, Nico, etc.. Great album. I just like this one better.

Velvetundergroundthirdalbum.jpg

Top Fifteen Favorite (15) albums:
Aqualung - Jethro Tull
Are You Experienced - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Blood on the Tracks - Bob Dylan
Court and Spark - Joni Mitchell
Déjà Vu - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Disraeli Gears - Cream
Fire and Water - Free
Frampton Comes Alive - Peter Frampton
Humble Pie - Humble Pie
Mock Tudor - Richard Thompson
Pretenders - The Pretenders
Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads
Surrealistic Pillow - Jefferson Airplane
Who's Next - The Who
Woodface - Crowded House

My favorite baker's dozen:
“Down To You” by Joni Mitchell
“Dust Radio” by Chris Whitley
"Heroes" by David Bowie (Live version)
“I talk To The Wind” by King Crimson
“Last Goodbye" by Jeff Buckley
“Laughing” by David Crosby
“Life’s a Long Song” by Jethro Tull
“Lines On My Face” By Peter Frampton (Live version)
“Meet On The Ledge” by Richard Thompson (Live version)
“Message To My Girl” by Split Enz
“Talk Of The Town” by The Pretenders
“Tangled Up In Blue" by Bob Dylan
“The Wind Cries Mary” by Jimi Hendrix

What are your all-time favorite albums and songs ... you know, the ones that are still as fresh as ever !!

Last edited:
Mad respect for the Split Enz nod. A lot of people on this thread might know of them, but the population, in general, not so much.

I take gulty pleasure in annoying my wife with THIS classic. (Don't understand why she doesn't like it. It's the sh*t. She calls it the "silly boat song" B*tch...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT