ADVERTISEMENT

We're proud to announce an exciting addition to CatsIllustrated.com

CatsIllustrated.com Staff

Aug 6, 2012
CatsIllustrated.com would like to announce an exciting new addition to the team.

Starting today, Corey Albertson will join the CatsIllustrated.com staff as our lead basketball recruiting analyst and also adding to our football recruiting coverage team.

Albertson coached AAU basketball for five years, including coaching six Division I players which included a Rivals.com four-star prospect. As a journalist, he has published and run his an independent high school
hoops site, a scouting service along with a recruiting site for the states of Kentucky and Ohio, and has experience in the Rivals.com network - as the publisher for MusketeerScoop.com and assisting in coverage at OhioPreps.com. Albertson has also assisted the Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting staff with national coverage of events and assisting in basketball recruiting coverage at BuckeyeGrove.com.

"I can't begin to describe how excited I am to be involved with CatsIllustrated.com," Albertson said. "As an avid college basketball fan, I'm so honored to be associated with a program that has so much tradition, fan support, and success as Kentucky does. Basketball recruiting has become a top passion in my life, and I can't wait to use my expertise to help make CatsIllustrated.com the continued leader in Kentucky Wildcats coverage."

CatsIllustrated.com publisher Brett Dawson shared his thoughts on Albertson joining the team as well.

"We're ecstatic to be adding Corey to the CatsIllustrated.com staff," Dawson said. "He brings a wealth of experience that will serve our subscribers well and help us build on the quality recruiting coverage our site is known for. And he's a great fit on our staff - a young go-getter who's passionate about what he does and dedicated to bringing the most accurate and up-to-date information and insight to our community. His enthusiasm for the job is undeniable, and I can't wait to see the work he's going to do."

Albertson joins the staff as Steve Jones departs to pursue another opportunity. Jones will remain with Cats Illustrated through the end of this week.

"Steve has been an invaluable part of this site, and we thank him for all he's done and wish him nothing but the best," Dawson said. "We know that Corey has big shoes to fill, but we're confident he's up to the task. Corey will soak up everything he can from Steve this week even as he hits the ground running with his own coverage."

Please join us in welcoming Corey to the CatsIllustrated.com family!

This post was edited on 8/6 1:13 PM by Brett Dawson

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT